• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

***READ: What you can't post here :READ***

Dragonfree

Just me
If random people can come and post stuff at it, you can't link to it here.

Okay?

Now, if THAT isn't the very epitome of simple, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
so...what's the purpose of this thread???

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
She means advertising forums.If you can post at the link the thread starter linked to then it's a forum(or other non website things).And forum links aren't allowed here.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
The purpose of this thread is to try to make it clear for even the most dim-witted members that they can not link to their forums, RPGs or whatever here.

Dragonfree

Just me
It's fine in sigs, just not posting it in here.

Gutsman

Indigo Champion
I'm just curious, but why can't we post forums? Just wondering.

NightwolfAA2k5

Game & Software Dev
All I'm going to say is this is a forum, and it is not general practice to put links to other forums on your forum anyway (in most cases)

It would be like nintendo putting ads for sony playstations on the gamecube, you just don't do it.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
As well as not promoting other forums on a forum (except in sigs) being a standard rule, anyone can take a stroll down to invisionfree.net and create a forum in a fraction of a second.

It takes more effort to make a site, for one thing. And people randmoly chatting isn't really useful information that people want...

Last edited:

Rufinito18

mE Entertainment
Magma Leader Maxie said:
As well as not promoting other forums on a forum (except in sigs) being a standard rule, anyone can take a stroll down to invisionfree.net and create a forum in a fraction of a second.

It takes more effort to make a site, for one thing. And people randmoly chatting isn't really useful information that people want...

A succesful forum is also alot of work, don't dismiss it like that.

1. Finding a skin/making one
2.Pips
3.Macros
4.Topbanner
5.Modifications
6.Advertizing.

It's not allowed not because forums are easy to make, but because they might remove members from this very forum.

Dragonfree

Just me
There is only one purpose in linking to a forum here: advertising to get more members.

Meanwhile, when you link to a website here, you can receive comments and criticism, people can point out bugs, etc. It has a point. People with real websites would have a very hard time if all their threads were drowned in blatant forum advertisements.

It's very difficult to "criticize" a forum. Yeah, you can criticize the forum banner, but then just go to Fan Art and have it criticized there. Because the content of the forum is not created by you - it's created by every registered member - you can't just go "Oh, fix this member's spelling" or "This member is wrong when he says this".

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Dragonfree said:
There is only one purpose in linking to a forum here: advertising to get more members.

Meanwhile, when you link to a website here, you can receive comments and criticism, people can point out bugs, etc. It has a point. People with real websites would have a very hard time if all their threads were drowned in blatant forum advertisements.

It's very difficult to "criticize" a forum. Yeah, you can criticize the forum banner, but then just go to Fan Art and have it criticized there. Because the content of the forum is not created by you - it's created by every registered member - you can't just go "Oh, fix this member's spelling" or "This member is wrong when he says this".

That was perfect. But no one is giving comments to my site...

Gutsman

Indigo Champion
I'm sounding really n00bish saying this but are we allowed to post sites that link to a forum somewhere in the site?

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Actually, you're not allowed to link to a site with a forum if the forum is pretty mcuh the only content on the site.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
So this is basically outruling Guestbooks, Wikis, Oekakis, Forums, and RPGs.

I see.

The4400

Boulder Trainer
What about refferel sites?

Like, www.url.comu=namehere

bassically a free site thats based on points, if i get people to sign up under me i get points.

The site also has a forum but the main purpose of the site is to get points and prizes.

The way to get points is to do polls, read news articles, do trivia, invite other members, etc.

nashie1

Can we make threads to ask for stuff for forums like pips or skins and stuff like that or is that against the rules to?

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I THINK you can ask but you cant advertise.