• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

***READ: What you can't post here :READ***

NightWalker

Pokémon Game Hacker
What if you actually CREATED the forum code and not just used a pre-made template to set it up?

Then it would make sense since you can show/get help for the mechanisms you used in its design... =/

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
What if you actually CREATED the forum code and not just used a pre-made template to set it up?

Then it would make sense since you can show/get help for the mechanisms you used in its design... =/

That's very rare indeed. I suppose that would be an exception... Dragon/Butterfree's the boss though.

NightWalker

Pokémon Game Hacker
There is no exception.
You can't advertsie forums here, no matter how much work you've put in them.
I'm not talking about something like: "hey this is my forum come visit it and join in" more like "Hey I'm DEVELOPING a forum TOOL from scratch, check it out" that's way different than grabbing vbulleting or any other of the 1000's of forum tools out there and SET UP a forum.

Anyone with a limited knowledge about software can set up a forum using one of these tools, create the actual tool is a different story...

Rather than advertising the content of a forum that case is more like showing a forum tool you created, the same thing as showing a web page IMHO.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I have to agree with you, NightWalker.

NightwolfAA2k5

Game &amp; Software Dev
If you really want a forum, do it similar to the way I've done it, look at the "forums" link on https://nwpps2k6.sourceforge.net/ click it (the forums link) to go to a page which will redirect you to my forums...

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Have a basic website with a link to a page which redirects to a forum on a sidebar or something similar...

I did the redirect like so;
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; URL=http://www.vf11.com/nwpps/nwpps.html">
</head>

SEGAMew

The SEGAMew
So I guess I can't put up a test forum to show people a skin I made and try to get some suggestions on it? o.o;

Minun2

Mew of Thunder
Im not sure, but until you know exactly if its allowed, you could take a screenshot (to do so, press Prnt Screen and it should be copied to the clipboard) and then post it on the approriate board

bassface

bassface OWNZZ
I think this may have already been asked but what if we posted a website with a link to the forum we made? Would that be allowed?

Link3710

Can you ask for help if you are making a pokemon game? I am running one but all the information is on a forum server. It's not for chat though... so is it ok?

tkdkbw

I have website that i made, it has a forum, can i post the address?

Surfing_Pikachu

I'm still a bit confused as to the rules of this. Can you give specific examples of wrong and right? From what I hear, you can't post things just to get more members or posting a thread like "check out this site!! [link goes here]" So you can only post if you have a question about it or need help with it? And no forums whatsoever.

EDIT: I read your other rules thread and I get it now. Thanks! But why is this still open when you have a much better rule thread?

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
With vBulletin 4 coming out soon, and me upgrading my license, ya know that new front page look kinda thing? Can I use that to advertise here, or is that still counted as a forum?

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
With vBulletin 4 coming out soon, and me upgrading my license, ya know that new front page look kinda thing? Can I use that to advertise here, or is that still counted as a forum?
If it is a forum, it's a forum. It's that simple.