• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Real animals exist in the Pokemon World

porygonfan

Here's a screenshot from "the Misty mermaid", those aren't Pokemon in the aquarium! Do you know any other examples of real animals seen in Pokemon?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 14

Nockturne

porygonfan

There was a bird on one of the early Weepinbell cards for TCG I think.

There is actually a bulbapedia page dedicated to this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world

That's awesome! So I guess people aren't eating Pokemon afterall. But it brings up a question, if real animals and Pokemon coexist, are Pokemon like aliens living on Earth? Pokemon have their own gods, so that means our human characters didn't evolve from Mankey then :D

octoboy

I Crush Everything
That's awesome! So I guess people aren't eating Pokemon afterall. But it brings up a question, if real animals and Pokemon coexist, are Pokemon like aliens living on Earth? Pokemon have their own gods, so that means our human characters didn't evolve from Mankey then :D
They are eating pokémon, farfetch'd's dex entry tells as much, but it's possible they don't have to exclusively rely on them to get meat (however much they actually eat). It's kind of implied they have cows too, the 4th generation games have shops that sell "moomoo milk" despite Sinnoh not having any bovine pokémon in it.

Speaking of Sinnoh, the Sinnoh myths state that there originally wasn't a distinction between humans and pokémon, implying that humans likely did evolve from pokémon (likely the ones in the human-like group are the most closely related, though I'd suspect that group might have stemmed from the field group pretty recently, seeing as most dual-egg-group human-like pokémon are also in the field group (lucario et al).

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Here's a screenshot from "the Misty mermaid", those aren't Pokemon in the aquarium! Do you know any other examples of real animals seen in Pokemon?

I think the reason for that is because back then there were only 150 Pokémon. So there wasn't a lot to choose from for the background.

It's kind of implied they have cows too, the 4th generation games have shops that sell "moomoo milk" despite Sinnoh not having any bovine pokémon in it.

Except that doesn't really prove that real cows exist in Sinnoh. These moo-moo milks could have easily been ported from Johto.

I don't know about you, but I have been to a lot of grocery stores that sell candy and food that's not from my country.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Except that doesn't really prove that real cows exist in Sinnoh. These moo-moo milks could have easily been ported from Johto.

I don't know about you, but I have been to a lot of grocery stores that sell candy and food that's not from my country.
I guess, but that would raise questions as to why Kanto and Hoenn don't have similar restaurants. That and why the milk is called "moomoo" milk (do any pokémon say "moo" in any media?).

RedJirachi

Veteran member

More likely humans and animals are the aliens. Pokemon dominate the ecosystem, they basically created the Pokemon universe, it's their planet