• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Real attempt at an OU team

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Hey hey! I've been away from pokemon for what seems like years but I'm back and know nothing about the current metagame :D bound to be mass amounts of mistakes here so get ready to rate :p

;437;
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 Sp.Def
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hypnosis
Earthquake

Bronzong leads off for me as when I used it in many teams, it has worked well for me. Its purpose is to inflict status upon the field and use stealth rock as many leads like to do. After that, I'll use it to wall as much as it can

;248;
Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
Jolly
176HP/252Atk/80Speed
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail

I figured I'd run Jolly on Ttar as it doesn't use DD, Built for using choice band, may consider using life orb with it instead. A physical sweeper, and it counters hell of a lot of pokemon, so I figured I'd put it in

;130;
Gyarados@leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
156HP/108 ATK/100Def/144Speed

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt

BulkyGyara can counter a lot of threats and is pretty bulky, hence the name :D I'm lacking a special sweeper so maybe I'd swap him for someone?

;242;
Blissey@leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold
148HP/252Def/108Sp. Att

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
Softboiled

The number 1 fat blob, and through my eyes, theres nobody who serves better as a special wall. Stops Azelf and other people rampaging through my team.

;212;
Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
32HP/252Atk/224Speed

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Superpower
X-Scissor

A great pokemon with a good ability, Swords Dance boots attack and with bronzong putting something to sleep, could leave me free to set up to +4 attack hopefully and end the game :)

;392;
Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze
Naive
64 atk/252 sp atk/ 192 speed

Grass Knot
Mach Punch
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Close Combat

Mixape is a good pokemon overall, and since I lack a special sweeper currently, I stuck him in there as he can revenge kill quite effectively

Those are my guys, and their setup, and now for you to rate :D

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
MixApe could use a set of:
-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-HP Ice
-Fire Blast

with the same spread. Or you could drop HP Ice / Grass Knot for Nasty Plot.

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
only things I instatly dont like is:

Tyranitar using 2 dark moves, even if they do drastically different things. I would replace aqua tail with earthquake. And although while pursuit can have its usefullness, I would try to find something better. But as you metioned, you arent running DD, and that's what I woulda had in its place! haha

And I haven't really seen any special attacking blisseys that have ever really surved a purpose. S toss blissey is the only way to go IMO.

calum

Banned
only things I instatly dont like is:

Tyranitar using 2 dark moves, even if they do drastically different things. I would replace aqua tail with earthquake. And although while pursuit can have its usefullness, I would try to find something better. But as you metioned, you arent running DD, and that's what I woulda had in its place! haha

And I haven't really seen any special attacking blisseys that have ever really surved a purpose. S toss blissey is the only way to go IMO.

Dont listen to this.

Blissey@leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold
148HP/252Def/108Sp. Att

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
Softboiled

Run CalmBliss so it can take on the likes of NPPZ and SpecsLucario better.

252 Def / 176 SpDef / 80 SpAtk.

You are very SDLucario as Gyara cant really beat without Earthquake, so Earthqake is needed on Gyarados.

You dont need a special sweeper, as MixApe breaks both physical and special walls well.

randomspot555

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 Sp.Def
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hypnosis
Earthquake

It's not a bad lead, but I prefer to have the option of setting up screens with Light Clay and then exploding. But if you want to keep it around for the long run, this set is fine.

Though remember that Hypnosis is now a drop to 60%. It might be worth using Toxic instead or a Screen, since those'll be more likely to activate than Hypnosis.

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
Jolly
176HP/252Atk/80Speed
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail

Tyranitar picked up Superpower in Platinum. This lets you knock around fellow Tyranitars and Heatran for SE, and Scizor for neutral. It also got the elemental punches, but I think Superpower/Brick Break will provide the best coverage overall.

Gyarados@leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
156HP/108 ATK/100Def/144Speed

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt

As someone who has used multiple variants of BulkyDos, he isn't all that's cracked up to be. 25% on entry for SR. If he comes into a move that isn't ground and then factor in sand damage, he could easily be hovering around 50% before attacking at all.

He's trying to be a jack of all trades, and he just doesn't have the stats to pull that off.

Everything else is failry standard and suggestions have already been made.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
honestly, if bronzong works for you, go ahead and use it as a lead, but a lot of leads like to taunt, all of which are faster than bronzong. He's also notorious for his wide array of setup moves that are all shutdown by fast taunters, You may want to consider a faster screener, azelf fits the job perfectly, as well as being able to explode. But, like I said, if bronzong works, go for it.

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
I'm still using my Pokemon Diamond, so I can't do the Superpower and the Hypnosis is still 70% for Diamond, so I should be OK with those things, I may put explosion on bronzong over something. Thanks for all the advice thats been given so far

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Your Scizor spread should be 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD to win at Scizor vs Scizor Superpower / U-Turn battles.

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Been testing this team out on shoddy, and out of around 15 games, its won 12 :) only thing I'm stuck on is what to take out for explosion