• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Real fish in Anime

buneary dude

Buneary dude here! Just thought I'd ask people a question. In the older Pokemon episodes when Ash and friends got sunkin in a ship, Ash looked out the window and there were real fish! And just a Pokemon episode yesterday when Misty's a mermaid. Pikachu and Togepi were looking in an aquarium and there were real fish again! Please tell me what is the deal with real fish in the show.

Pokemon__

Bucephalus
When they made those episodes they had some real animals, like when they first showed Ash's Pidgeotto it was eating a worm, or a mongoose beating up Jessie's Ekans in Maiden's Peak. As the show developed, the writers didn't want real life animals, so they don't appear now.

Okay? :D

buneary dude

Oh I get it! They're probably not doing that now because they are more Pokemon. Well yah I just don't think it would make since if real animals that were in "The Pokemon World". Well thanks I get it now.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
back then the writers just didnt know how to setup the series on wether to have a mixture of real creatures and pokemon. eg: fish

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Meowth still mentions "fried chicken" every now and then.

silverdragonlaura

Go with the current
wait.... if real animals don't exist in pokemon then...!

OMG!!!!
what are they eating?!?!

cryotem

AshxMorrison?......
well heres an answer to everyones questions.
You see, pokemon and real animals live in harmony. Its just that pokemon apper more than real animals. That or the writers didnt think this pokemon stuff through.

Tbone2356

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ
wait.... if real animals don't exist in pokemon then...!

OMG!!!!
what are they eating?!?!

Rice Balls, but if they're lucky, Ash and Co. can get a sub sandwhich from 4kids!

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
ooooh... shellder soup with pidgey bits.... mmm i think i am pokéterian

Tbone2356

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ
Lol at these foods ^^

But seriously I think everyone on Pokemon is a vegetarian. I've only seen them eat noodles, ramen, rice balls, some sort of chowder that Brock makes and soup.

Maybe the fishes in Cerulean Gym's water tanks are 5th Gen Pokes!? Lol.

silverdragonlaura

Go with the current
Lol at these foods ^^

But seriously I think everyone on Pokemon is a vegetarian. I've only seen them eat noodles, ramen, rice balls, some sort of chowder that Brock makes and soup.

Maybe the fishes in Cerulean Gym's water tanks are 5th Gen Pokes!? Lol.

I all i had to eat was rice balls and ramen i'd eat my own pokemon. (just kidding, i would never do that.)

;260; who would eat this cute lil' thing?

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Farfetch or what that bird Pokemons name was, didn´t they say that species was almost exctint? So some people must eat Pokemon. However I am not sure if those things from the earlier seasons still are canon.