• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Real life or virtual life?

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I prefer virtual life most of the time but sometimes I just wanna chill with friends and they are never on so I hang out with friends at work.

-Nator-

My preference is easily the virtual life. Not only is it safer, but there's always a threshold of new activity, whereas in "real life" it's the same nightmare every day. School/work, chores around the house, running errands etc.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
The internet is where I can be honest with the people around me about my opinions and my identity, but the real world is where my back yard is, where I'm inspired, where I buy books, where I run, bike, play volleyball, and where you can hug people... so... real life, it's the land of oblivion, but still, I call it home. ^^

Unoin

Virtual life because people are not really going to judge you that much and every non-troll has peoples respect. I would choose real life if people cared for me more and stop making assumptions about me though

Vernikova

Champion
Real life. The internet if fun and all but tat the end of the day it doesn't matter. I find fun in real life to be much better than fun on the internet too so it has that going for it as well.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I hate both worlds. Real people suck because they are just mean, and Internet people don't know me. If I could make my own world, I would. Utopia all the way!

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
well, i like both, but i prefer virtual life more.. i'm a huge klutz in real life, and when i'm online, i can't embarrass myself by tripping over a flat surfafe. like i usually do. .___.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Virtual world. I happen to find that a lot more people with common disabilities and interests as me. Where as the real world... D:<

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
Real world, for specific reasons. Both worlds have good and bad people, they both have dark sides. But, I find it easier to interact with people in the real world.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
This thread is stupid.

Sorry but it is.

But **** do you guys remember that episode of Batman Beyond where Mindbender was all selling kids virtual-reality like it was drugs? And at the end he was all awwwwwwww man. ****.

Last edited:

*IZ*

Well I only signed up in this forum for trading. Than I actually got friends on here and found some cool threads where everyone is friendly. Now I mainly use this site to stay in touch with those people.

But real life is way better.

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
I can't say that I have an extreme fondness for either one but I do enjoy parts of both. I mainly use the internet for talking to my friends who have moved away so the lines are kind of blurred there I guess. I probably spend more time online because I can't stand dealing with people in person but I get depressed a lot of the time when I try to talk to strangers online because they often have nothing in common with me.

Aquanova

Id say the Virtual world. It might sound dumb but people seem to identify with me more online and often dont really understand me in real life.

Dreamy

It is very nice to be able to communicate with people all over the planet, but I have to have my real life friends too.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I think ever since the internet chat/forums first got popular I've been on and off the computer a lot. I prefer going out and hanging out with people, however, my friends suck. (ok it's my fault I moved cross country BUT they could at least answer my messages!) People I have never met before are better at giving me UN-biased advice, answering me promptly, and don't seem to judge me as much as my real friends.