• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Real-world places you’d like to see as Pokémon regions

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Now that the UK (or parts of it ) is confirmed next highest on my list would be something Scandinavian, (though more UK would still be nice :p ), Somewhere like Mongolia would also be nice as it isn't very similar to any of the existing ones.

Aren’t Psyduck and Cyndaquil kind of based on a platypus and an echidna respectively? Doesn’t mean they can’t make another Pokemon of the same species - we have two rabbits with Buneary and Scorbunny.

Not to be pedantic but we have Bunnelby as well, giving us 3 rabbit based lines and if you're willing to be more vague then others like Azumarill sorta fit the bill as well. I do see your point because as you say this doesn't mean they can’t make multiple Pokemon with the same inspiration.

Orphalesion

Top on my list would be Greece, Spain, Italy, Southern France (which is very different in landscape, climate and culture from Northern France/Kalos) Louisiana, British Columbia, Northern Queensland with the Barrier Reef, New Zealand, Arizona or possibly, maybe, some place in SE Asia, like Vietnam perhaps.

Spain, Italy, Greece and Southern France could really cash in on the Ancient Greek and Roman influence in those places, just imagine exploring all those ruins, plus there's no landscape, climate or environment as beautiful as the Mediterranean imho (this includes other places in the world that have the 'Mediterranean' climate type, like Queensland or California)
Louisiana because I love swamps, so I'd love to see a version of the Lousiana Bayou in the games.
The Barrier Reef to make diving more important.
Arizona because I like deserts.
And SE Asia because those villages built into the sea and rivers look very picturesque.

Truth be told, some parts of India would also be interesting.

Aren’t Psyduck and Cyndaquil kind of based on a platypus and an echidna respectively? Doesn’t mean they can’t make another Pokemon of the same species - we have two rabbits with Buneary and Scorbunny.

There's also multiple cat and dog Pokemon, arguably two Pokemon based on a Fennec, two horse lines, arguably two orangutans, etc. etc. etc. Gamefreak never cared how often they have already used an animal as inpspiration, it's just some parts of the fandom who come screaming "BUT THERE IS ALREADY A POKEMONZ FOR THAT!!11!!1!!"

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Australia and New Zealand as post game would be nice.

Russia could also be amazing to visit.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'm just glad we got an England region instead of something warm/hot and/or tropical again.

To be fair, I’m kind of bored of hot regions now. Alola was great, but I like seeing something that’s a little closer to home.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
We just got freezing cold England... that place is famous for being cold and rainy.

Rainy? Yes. Freezing cold? Not so much. England is quite mild compared to the regions I mentioned which all experience bitter cold winters and snow. England isn't really known for any of that from my understanding. I mean, a glance over at England right now shows 40s and 50s for temperatures. And London's forecast doesn't even have a single low, much less day, below freezing. That's even warmer than where I live. lol. Should we consider a region based off of Oklahoma "freezing cold"? I think absolutely not.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Rainy? Yes. Freezing cold? Not so much. England is quite mild compared to the regions I mentioned which all experience bitter cold winters and snow. England isn't really known for any of that from my understanding.I think absolutely not.

You're right, I live in one of the warmer areas of england, and we don't get snow every winter, we did the last two years but we often don't, however if you go further north and east then it is colder and the scots get a lot more snow. In term's of climate I'd describe England as safe but dull. It's warmer than you'd think for it's latitude thanks to the gulf stream. We do get a lot of rain though, especially in the west of the country. The Galar region looks colder than actual Britain overall but that's no bad thing.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Rainy? Yes. Freezing cold? Not so much. England is quite mild compared to the regions I mentioned which all experience bitter cold winters and snow. England isn't really known for any of that from my understanding. I mean, a glance over at England right now shows 40s and 50s for temperatures. And London's forecast doesn't even have a single low, much less day, below freezing. That's even warmer than where I live. lol. Should we consider a region based off of Oklahoma "freezing cold"? I think absolutely not.

Agreed - here in Britain our snowy winters are more of a two week thing at the absolute most (any more and it's unusual). Our location being an island nation means the ocean currents carry water that naturally heats up our shores and thus keeps up 'toasty', as toasty as can be. (this is due to warm air rising and as the Gulf Stream is starting to slow down, less is retained in the ocean so more is released into the atmosphere. It's the reason why Edinburgh doesn't nearly get as much snow as Moscow, despite being on the same latitude.

No, what you can expect is lots and lots of rain, because we're an island nation (all that warm water in the air eventually cools and form into clouds). You can also expect us to constantly complain about it when it rains (and subsequently complain about the weather being too hot when it's dry).

So I'm kind of intrigued to see whether they'll stick to 'British weather' or not (it can be very unpredictable at times!)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
So I'm kind of intrigued to see whether they'll stick to 'British weather' or not (it can be very unpredictable at times!)

Yesterday, we had blue skies, dark grey clouds and rain (with the brightest rainbow I’ve ever seen!) in one day! So maybe in Galar, it can be sunny one minute and pouring rain the next, obviously referring to the famously wild Galarian weather. ;)

ThroughTheIris56

I think a region inspired by Arctic Circle could be pretty cool. It would have to be altered quite a bit but maybe it could consist of a circle of islands, the centre of the map would mimic the the real life North Pole so areas further from the centre would be warmer and vice versa. And the North Pole would feature an island that features the final challenges, E4, legendary, final boss etc.

Since the Ice type currently has the lowest amount of Pokemon, it would be fair to get a number of Ice types this generation, as well as Polar animal inspired Pokemon.

Lucian Hodoboc

un bulgăre de humă
Romania. It would have the widest variety of Pokémon because Romania is the most geographically diverse country in Europe. It has all sort of landforms, from tall mountains and hills to valleys, river deltas, sea shores etc.

They'd have to create a dragon-wolf Pokemon based on the Romanian mythological creature, Draco.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Greenland.

I think a region where most if not all of it is very cold all the time would be a great place. As ThroughTheIris56 said, there'd be quite a lot of new Ice types and more Pokemon based on polar animals.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This is a bit out there, but it'd be nice that if we do more of the space theme in a later generation, we're able to travel to the Moon or Mars

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a bit out there, but it'd be nice that if we do more of the space theme in a later generation, we're able to travel to the Moon or Mars
Oh man. In the Yugioh movie where Kaiba's ego is so huge he goes so far as to create a space station tower from Earth to space, I thought to myself. I can see that working in Pokemon for some reason.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I would choose a joint region of Bulgaria and Macedonia. Macedonia used to be a part of Bulgaria in the past, and they speak virtually the same language, so it would be fitting.

The main reason I want this region is the gorgeous nature and culture in these two countries: here are some examples.

Bulgaria:

- The Eyes of God cave:
510da021e8703b60520cf5c2f1e3c1bf.jpg

Rose Valley:
653x490.jpg

- The 7 Rila lakes:
seven-rila-lakes.jpg

Black Sea coast:
3aae1f1b7e1f7199123cd51af28d3c8f.jpg

Vacha dam:
100256107-nature-gem-vacha-dam-in-rhodopes-mountains-bulgaria.jpg

Krushuna Waterfalls:
krushuna_waterfalls.jpg

Arda river:

hdr-image-of-arda-river-near-by-kardjali-petar-bogdanov.jpg

Stone Mushrooms:
kamennite-gabi-161605.jpg

- The oldest golden treasure in the world:
IMG_0007.jpg

Magura Cave paintings:
magura-cave.jpg

Macedonia:

Canyon Matka:
Canyon-Matka-Macedonia-Global-Storybook2-2-800x534.jpg

- Lake Ochrid:
turquoise-water-of-the-lake-ohrid-macedonia-photo-taken-in-the-bay-F64Y2K.jpg

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Just like that old rumour in the days of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald where if the Mossdeep rocket reached a certain number of launches (usually 100), you could fly to the Moon to catch Deoxys?

(That did come true in OR/AS, eventually, but you ride on Rayquaza instead of a rocket.)