1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Real-world places you’d like to see as Pokémon regions

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Feb 22, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Mexico and the rest of Central America could be a very fun one. Not only does it have a huge number of wild-life but it arguably has the perfect culture in terms of SPAAAAAAACE. Not talking about god-like creation myths. I'm talking about astronomy, stars, the Milk Way Galaxy, aliens like Deoxys, spaceships, maybe even visiting other planets that sort of thing because if you know anything about the Mayan and Aztec culture, they have perfected with almost pin-point accuracy of mapping various planets and constellations including Venus through the naked eye which is not an easy task.

2. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

Philippines
    Thailand
    China
    Australia
    Canada
    Egypt

3. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

im not sure where id chose for a location but i saw more that a few stantler, deerling and juvenile sawsbuck in Nara park and Miyajima island rather recently.

NovaBrunswick and shoz999 like this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Deers are a pretty common animal in East Asia. Well common like any other deer in America and Europe. Actually now that I looked up what your talking about, your talking about those locations where deers sometimes interact with the people right?

Now that's an interesting idea. An island full of temples full of only Deer-like Pokemon, kind of like the farm locations in Pokemon with the Tauros and Miltank.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM
    NovaBrunswick likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The rest of the Japanese islands such as Shikoku. The rest of Japan as a whole should become a new region in the games as well now that I think of it.

BTS_fan likes this.
  6. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Nara park has 1200 deer and Miyajima island has about 500 deer there. Nara have been mostly domesticated, the temple nearby had the deer taken to spiritually guard the shrine. Miyajima island had wild deer that were rather curious and went to the town to look for food. Thedeer there often interacted with the people there. They let you lightly handle them though the younger ones are more cautious.

NovaBrunswick and shoz999 like this.
  7. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Sounds like a neat place. I've seen a video of it. Apparently a few deer are so used to being feed by visitors they get a bit spoiled. Never been though but sounds like a great place to adapt into the Pokemon world.

8. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

They are mostly spoiled but some are more persistent. Some keep their distance until they are near food but it's not like a Disney movie. There are more than a few deer to be able to interact with. The deer are considered sacred messengers so they are well kept.

shoz999 likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Still sounds like a neat place to visit despite the persistence. On a side note, it could be a chance for a new deer Pokemon. Ever heard of the Musk Deer or Water Deer? They are also known as the Vampire Deer. Real animal, instead of these antlers. They have tusks. From my knowledge however, I don't think they are native to Japan but just the Asian mainland. Still would make a pretty cool Pokemon and these "Vampire" Deers would give the move "Horn Leech" a new meaning lol.

10. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

yeah it still is a neat place to visit. trying to feed persistent musk deer sounds a bit sketchy.

its like petting a slightly oily thick shag carpet. not the fuzzy short soft fur.

11. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Personally if it were up to me, I'd give the water deer a grass/dark type. Really lives up to their "vampire" look.

12. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

it could also have a day/night exclusive evolution based on time, grass/day, grass/dark night.

BTS_fan likes this.
  13. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

That sounds cool. At day time it could be a fairy-type but at night-time it could be a ghost-type.

14. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

There's also a few places in Japan that are almost entirely populated by cats and rabbits. Maybe there could be islands full of Meowths and Bunearys in the Pokémon world? :D

shoz999 and Boss1991 like this.
  15. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

Let’s see, there’s Spain, the Amazon, Africa, Italy/Rome, Greece, Australia, China, India, Canada/Alaska, and Russia.

16. NovaBrunswick

I think the route between Violet and Goldenrod in Johto is based on Nara Park, because Stantler, a deer, appears there. Johto is based on the Kansai region.

17. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I’ve always seen Stantler more of a reindeer based on the shape of its nose. Stantler also always has its antlers which is another trait of reindeer while Sawsbuck loses them during the winter.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 7:07 PM
  18. NovaBrunswick

And the fact that Santa Claus uses them to pull his sleigh in the Pokémon world.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  19. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Blackpink

Mexico since it's a festive place with a vibrant culture and different ecosystems.