1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Real-world places you’d like to see as Pokémon regions

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Feb 22, 2019.

1. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Honestly China seems big enough and has a lot of diverse environments. So I think China would make a good setting for a new region. Oh and Brazil too since it's pretty massive and I'd like to see a Pokemon version of the Amazon.

2. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I would love to see a region inspired by the Southern US. I know we’ve had two American regions already, but there’s so much potential for a unique region based on the the South’s environments and cultural history. For example, a whole subsection of the map could be Louisiana/New Orleans-based; there could be plenty of swampy, marshy routes and very thematic towns (a NOLA city would be perfect for a Ghost Gym). Florida would be perfect for a bunch of water routes- something Alola, ironically, was lacking- and tropical locations, and a sort of Pokémon theme park spoof off of Disney would be a lot of fun. I just think it’s a cool concept that could be done pretty well if they wanted to.

3. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

If they ever wanted to do a landlocked region without direct access to the ocean then the Great Lakes area of North America would be a great choice. It's a water system that borders eight states and two Canadian provinces. I'd imagine there'd be lots of water routes you could traverse by boat and see ships off in the distance.

Also Niagara Falls would be an iconic landmark to use.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  4. saulojakhy

saulojakhy New Member

I think it'd be perfect for a Wind Waker-style of travelling in a Pokemon game where you see various cultures in just one game.

BTS_fan and NovaBrunswick like this.
  5. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

A region based on the six states of New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) could be nice if done right. Then again, I'm super biased because I live in one of these states.

Also, a region based on various countries in East Africa could be very cool!

MockingJ and NovaBrunswick like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I've been to China once, so maybe I'm just biased in favor of a Chinese themed region, but this is something that I'd love to see. There are so many interesting places in China that I'd love to see in the Pokemon world version of it, such as the Great Wall of China and Emperor Qinshihuang's mausoleum.

7. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Fingers crossed Gen 9 is Italy

NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  8. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

1. Pan-African Based Region: So maybe using Kenya, Madagascar, Ghana, the Congo, Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, Sierra Leone, and Ethiopia as inspiration for cities, important areas plus the sheer amount of Pokemon that could be based off actual animals and mythological creatures
    2. Mexico and Central America
    3. Canada
    4. Alaska
    5. Southern US (particularly a Texas or North Carolina Based Region
    6. China
    7. Italy
    8. India
    9. Australia

9. D*N

D*N Musical Star

Australia, Egypt, Brasil and Italy come to mind as nice regions.

Prefer it to be not more USA

NovaBrunswick, wolf jani and BTS_fan like this.
  10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I think we can all agree on the two places we don't want a region based-Antarctica and North Korea

11. wolf jani

wolf jani The vice-commander of Mimawarigumi

Pan-African would be way too big for a region. A specific country would fit better.

Antarctica based region would be cool tbh. And I'm pretty sure that basically nobody would want a Israel & / or Palestine based region.

AgentKallus and NovaBrunswick like this.
  12. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Well it's not that I don't want a region based on Antarctica, it's more like GF wouldn't know what to do with that since it's just a landmass covered by ice and has only a few research stations with no permanent residents and that's practically it lol.

13. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I think the reason Alola didn’t have a lot of water routes was because it would be too much like Hoenn, and it’s too far between all the islands to swim or Surf.

wolf jani likes this.
  14. Marzbar

Marzbar Well-Known Member

South America please. Amazon rainforest. Easter island. Rio de Janeiro. Mayan and Aztec pyramids. Andes mountains. El dorado. Caribbean. Galápagos Islands. Panama Canal. Anacondas. Machu Picchu.

S**t writes itself.

15. wolf jani

You have to narrow it down a bit. All of that is too big for one region.

16. Marzbar

Perhaps it would be okay if they shrink the Amazon a bit and make it open world.

Otherwise just the top half of South America and then have a few mysterious islands to reach by ferry as event Pokémon quests.

17. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

Australia, China, or Boston, because if New York, a city, gets to be the emphasis of a region, then why not Boston?

18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Still way to big. Regions are the size of Great Brittain or the northern half of France. Look at a map and see how many times you could fit Great Britain into Brazil alone. And the various South American countries are pretty culturally diverse.

19. Marzbar

It doesn’t have to be literally on the same scale. I just mean for ideas of geographical areas of a game, like a massive jungle that is a central feature, rather than a big central city/industrial area. And amongst the jungle are pyramid / Mayan style ancient cities, a river based city, a golden city, etc

20. wolf jani

Do you mean like Unova where the area is just NY but it's environment & culture are based off of all of USA.

NovaBrunswick likes this.