• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Realistic Pokemon Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick

Pax O'Brien

I Has a Pink Party!

Golde

Always Searching~
I don't like them. They look veiny and wrinkly and stupid.

Venusaur may be the most awful looking thing I've ever seen.

And squritle looks like a creeper.

X502XedgeX

help me team build
all of the ones that are photoshoped are really stupid, but the drawings are cool

if pokemon were real though, i dont think that they would resemble a life like shape, because first of all, something thats runnig around and has powers, could probaly find away to look different as well,

we will never know what they will look like in real life, but if i had to imange it, they would look as close to the games and show as possible,

no a bunch of wrinkley turtles and lizards, and mewtwo wouldnt have fur,

S31R31

The 90's

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
In an alternate universe where Pokemon is the highest grossing M rated television and movie series of all time. People gather and draw cartoon versions of Pokemon and debate whether or not pokemon should be more kid friendly

I love the 3 (demon) dragons the most
I think you would lose your mind by just looking them in the eye

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Croagunk_by_xRoccox.jpg

Croagunk looks quite awesome, albeit a little small.

EDIT:

Eevee_by_Viittaperkele.jpg

Cute Eevee pics.

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
all of the ones that are photoshoped are really stupid, but the drawings are cool

if pokemon were real though, i dont think that they would resemble a life like shape, because first of all, something thats runnig around and has powers, could probaly find away to look different as well,

we will never know what they will look like in real life, but if i had to imange it, they would look as close to the games and show as possible,

no a bunch of wrinkley turtles and lizards, and mewtwo wouldnt have fur,

How exactly are the photoshopped ones 'really stupid'? If they looked as close to the games and cartoon as possible, they would either be 12 pixels high or with flat colours and be walking breathing cartoons. Hardly realistic, when was the last time you saw a cartoon character walking down the streets? Who Framed Roger Rabbit is not the epitome of realism.

X502XedgeX

help me team build
How exactly are the photoshopped ones 'really stupid'? If they looked as close to the games and cartoon as possible, they would either be 12 pixels high or with flat colours and be walking breathing cartoons. Hardly realistic, when was the last time you saw a cartoon character walking down the streets? Who Framed Roger Rabbit is not the epitome of realism.

pokemon, are based off animals, or so it looks, but their not animals, so it dosnent make real sense to take real animal pics and photoshop them to look like pokemon,

and if anyone with an imigantion read my post, they would understand that we wouldnt have cartoons running around, but they would look like the cartoons, not like real animals just spray painted and altered,

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
pokemon, are based off animals, or so it looks, but their not animals, so it dosnent make real sense to take real animal pics and photoshop them to look like pokemon,

and if anyone with an imigantion read my post, they would understand that we wouldnt have cartoons running around, but they would look like the cartoons, not like real animals just spray painted and altered,

How can you imagine a pokemon without thinking of the animal it's based on? Pidgey is a bird. Birds are animals. Croagunk is a frog. A frog is an animal. If pokemon aren't animals, then you have to say Pidgey is a Pidgey, it is not a bird. Magikarp is not a fish. Persian is not a persian cat. Now someone photoshopped a Weezing (and if you look at Worth1000 instead of stolen images in random photobucket albums you'll find it) and made it a purple blob with eyes and a grin on it. Or Geodude as a big rock with real human arms and a funny face. It looks idiotic and completely unrealistic. Realism is based on our understanding of what things are. If you watch a TV show with poor effects, you think "well i can see the joins on the skin and where the selotape is holding things together that's so fake" then you don't think realism. If you watch something and then later find out half of it was CGI, then it did it's job. You found it so realistic that you didn't know it wasn't.

Pokemon aren't real, we all know that. But if you want something to look real, it has to have some grounding in reality first. Of course in these cases, it depends entirely on how good you are at photoshop and how long you get to spend making the image. All the Worth1000 images have a deadline, they only have 48 hours from the time the contest is announced to when it goes into voting. If you've never seen pokemon before, it's not a lot of time to really think about making it look realistic.

http://razorleaf.deviantart.com/art/Houndoom-58150758
http://razorleaf.deviantart.com/art/Torkoal-58151016

These took several days to get looking right. Houndoom could probably do with more shading on the horns, looking back on it now, they look to placed on and are lacking reflection from the fur coat.

Also, everyone has imagination, that's the entire message of the thread.

Last edited:

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
A lot of these are amazing, while others leave room for improvement. That thread on Smogon seems cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.