• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Realistic Pokemon Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

X502XedgeX

help me team build
How can you imagine a pokemon without thinking of the animal it's based on? Pidgey is a bird. Birds are animals. Croagunk is a frog. A frog is an animal. If pokemon aren't animals, then you have to say Pidgey is a Pidgey, it is not a bird. Magikarp is not a fish. Persian is not a persian cat. Now someone photoshopped a Weezing (and if you look at Worth1000 instead of stolen images in random photobucket albums you'll find it) and made it a purple blob with eyes and a grin on it. Or Geodude as a big rock with real human arms and a funny face. It looks idiotic and completely unrealistic. Realism is based on our understanding of what things are. If you watch a TV show with poor effects, you think "well i can see the joins on the skin and where the selotape is holding things together that's so fake" then you don't think realism. If you watch something and then later find out half of it was CGI, then it did it's job. You found it so realistic that you didn't know it wasn't.

Pokemon aren't real, we all know that. But if you want something to look real, it has to have some grounding in reality first. Of course in these cases, it depends entirely on how good you are at photoshop and how long you get to spend making the image. All the Worth1000 images have a deadline, they only have 48 hours from the time the contest is announced to when it goes into voting. If you've never seen pokemon before, it's not a lot of time to really think about making it look realistic.

http://razorleaf.deviantart.com/art/Houndoom-58150758
http://razorleaf.deviantart.com/art/Torkoal-58151016

These took several days to get looking right. Houndoom could probably do with more shading on the horns, looking back on it now, they look to placed on and are lacking reflection from the fur coat.

Also, everyone has imagination, that's the entire message of the thread.
your right, compelety.......

thinking about it now i guess what i was saying is that the poorly photoshoped ones look stupid, and the drawings that make certain pokemon look different, ex. the cress one and the mewtwo one, arent that great also, because mewtwo dosent have fur, and cress isnt a aliigator type thing, i understand that if a pokemon is based of an animal to photoshop pics to make those animals look like pokemon, but pokemon that arent based on animals, just cant be photoshoped off of animals,

were arguing for no reason, i was wrong your right,

kemal07

your right, compelety.......

thinking about it now i guess what i was saying is that the poorly photoshoped ones look stupid, and the drawings that make certain pokemon look different, ex. the cress one and the mewtwo one, arent that great also, because mewtwo dosent have fur, and cress isnt a aliigator type thing, i understand that if a pokemon is based of an animal to photoshop pics to make those animals look like pokemon, but pokemon that arent based on animals, just cant be photoshoped off of animals,

were arguing for no reason, i was wrong your right,

they look awsome

FEEPtheFlareon

Crazy but not insane
Some people really have that talent. If you go to deviantArt and browse "pokemon", you'll see that some artists detail so much that they show fur, scales, and other things. I saw this one picture where the artist made Mew look like an actual cat.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
These artworks look like half of them are dinosaurs. They're good nontheless, but I'd love to see the freak that can realistically draw Giratina.

Guess I'm that freak, took it as a challenge and quickly threw it together so there is probally loads of errors but hey its here and thats all that matters.
giratina.jpg

burninator59

DeviantArt has a LOT of realistic pokemon. If you just search "Realistic Pokemon" you will find a ton of awesome stuff

S31R31

The 90's

Cressi looks like an ancient dino.

Was that a Galapagos Tortoise?

Guess I'm that freak, took it as a challenge and quickly threw it together so there is probally loads of errors but hey its here and thats all that matters.
giratina.jpg

In a way, it looks a lot like the original.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
That's what i was shooting for, just use yer imaginations to put scales and that stuff on it I can't be bothered with petit details like that. Here's the origin forme, a little more realistic, but since i don't have a real giratina just lying around i had to improvise.
realisticorigingiratina.jpg

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Yup...Confirms my beliefs... There are already enough bizarre organisims already.

No kidding about the photos, and some drawings kinda suck, but semi-realistic would be good, like giving the mammals a bit of fur and birds some feathers.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Some of these are hyper realistic, having more detail than you'd acturally see, which can acturally get a little grotesque. And some of the artist have acturally changed the details becasue they couldn't visualize it on a real animal, which sort of loses the essence of the pokemon in some cases. I don't care for most of the photoshopped ones, but that's a personal prefrence. I might try a couple of sketches just to test how I'd draw them.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Cresslia looks too demonic...
I would base it off on a swan...
Also, I love the photoshopped ones!

Dragom master Tryce

WOW, some of these are brilliant, completely different as I imagined but, brilliant. I suppose they would be different to what I thought, as not everyone is blessed/cursed with my mind, so they would imagine things differently.
Ahhhh, the mysteries of the mind........

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
to: PinkPantsMan

That pidgeot is awesome!!!

Fel_pheonix

<= "I can see you"
[IMG200]http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/05e8bf00ec4704b46b1d49f0f0be3d45.jpg[/IMG200]

haunter :)

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
These are pretty cool. I remember coming across some a while back on deviantart by AnnaJ, I believe her name was. They were amazing, and I loved the Metagross.

Some of these take it a bit too realistic, but others are rather nice.

burninator59

If someone made a Blaziken, I would all but worship them

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
If someone made a Blaziken, I would all but worship them

i have a very wrong joke sitting upon the tip of my tongue right now but never mind.

anyway the art here may look nice but if you ask me i rather have art that doesn't look like that, it brings down the whole fantasy behind pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.