1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Reality; Augmented Hyper Offense

Discussion in '6th Gen RMT' started by Baton Passer, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

This showdown team began as a hyper offense titled "Reality," as it consisted only of Pokemon that I had waiting in my ORAS PC boxes. As a hyper offense team you will notice these sets are dedicated to netting early KOs rather than boosting and sweeping. Over time however, the sets have augmented into a more balanced team composition and I'm very happy with the result.

The main idea of this team is to kill the opponent's lead as quickly as possible, and keep momentum going from there. The team has a strong electric weakness that leads to clutch electivire plays. Capitalizing on whether or not an opponent will use their electric move is essential and keeps things hella fun.

I want to take this team to local tourneys in my area, so I decided to get some peer review first, to see if there's anything that is obvious to someone else that I may have overlooked.

;715;
    Noivern @ White Herb
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Taunt
    - Boomburst

As I said before this team began as a hyper offense, die-fighting team, so for an anti-lead we have White Herb Noivern. Outspeeds all other non scarf dragons, and nets a lot of nifty KO's with Draco Meteor. I eventually chose Taunt over Hurricane or Air Slash, and it works wonders against ill-advised klefki/bisharp/sabeleye switch-ins, and eats leading Ferrothorn for breakfast.

I'd say Boomburst is the weak link of this set. It reliably softens up pokemon for Draco kills, but I seldom find a need to use it.

;184;
    Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 236 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower
    - Waterfall
    - Play Rough

Standard non Belly Drum Azumarill set. Works as a wonderful pivot, hits stupidly hard and survives a lot of bad switch ins with sitrus berry heals. Useful late in the game for softening up pokemon that would otherwise overpower Pinsir, or Cloyster

;466;
    Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Wild Charge
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

I call this guy the enforcer, and he deserves it. Although physical electivire isn't as strong as it was before team preview, he is still very good at making people second guess themselves. Moments where it would be obvious to kill Azumarill, Cloyster or Mega-Pinsir with a thunderbolt become guessing games, and depending on whether my opponent plays reckless or safe, I can punish accordingly. Ice punch KO's the bulkiest of Landorous's, Wild charge makes Slowbro look as sturdy as a paper lantern, and brick break ensures that klefki is absolutely useless against this monster. Speaking of steel types, Electivire eats Skarmory leads for breakfast, then poops on Magnezone. When Motor drive is not in play, Electivire acts as a somewhat bulky attacker who I can sacrifice to get another teammate in without losing any priority moves.

;127;
    Pinsir @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Return
    - Quick Attack
    - Earthquake

The beast. This thing hits so hard it is stupid. You all know what a mega pinsir can do already, so I'm not even going to explain in detail. What makes this pokemon really threatening is it's base form. Nabbing a pokemon that narrowly survived a draco, or a wild charge gives pinsir a moxie boost, taking out one of the opponents team, and boosting all in the same move. Effectively baits out landorous.

;094;
    Gengar @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunderbolt

This is the biggest change I have made from version 1 of this team. What started out as a lackluster life orb user with no priority is now the anti stall mon. Sub-disable makes gengar into a stall monster, punishing people hard for bad switches, and guaranteeing free switches without fear of knock off or status moves. Can take a burn for the team and then keep kicking afterwards.

;091;
    Cloyster @ White Herb
    Ability: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Ice Shard

And finally Cloyster. This pokemon, like Electivire, must always be on my opponent's mind. It's very existence makes them weary of sacking their scizor or foretress too early. This pokemon, if unchecked, will dismantle teams, and if checked, can ice shard to soften up their team for pinsir to clean up late game.

So far Noivern and Gengar have been crucial to this team's success, preventing stealth rock handily, and stopping the likes of Gliscor before they can roost.

Pinsir and Cloyster act as team heavy weapons that will open huge holes in their opponents if ignored, as well as providing priority support if it comes to that.

Azumarill is not quite as threatening as Pinsir or Cloyster, but seriously packs a whallop with play rough and superpower, netting kills on cocky ferrothorns and heatrans. However, it acts more as a devensive pivot, soaking up bad damage and softening up problems on the opponent's team with aqua jet.

Finally, we have the drain. Electivire soaks up the majority of the punishment for this team, and is often sacrificed. He nets easy kills on nearly all steel types and with a motor drive boost he can even sweep teams. This team has a glaring electric weakness, and a phobia of thunder wave, so Electivire is never short on opportunities to come in and raise hell.

Alright, any threats that you can think of that mangle this team? How can I make it better?

2. Molag Bal

Molag Bal It's evolution, baby.

Why are you using White Herb on Noivern? Noivern isn't a Shell Smash sweeper, and Intimidate doesn't affect its Sp. Atk stat.

I recommend Life Orb over White Herb for the extra power granted by Infiltrator. That way a healthy Noivern can 2HKO unboosted AVest Bisharp with Flamethrower while taking a Sucker Punch.

3. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

1.) Format. Which one?
    2.) Noivern shouldn't have Boomburst. Drop it for Hurricane. Also, drop Noivern.
    3.) Electrivire sucks.
    4.) Why is Pinsir Adamant?
    5.) A Gengar without Ghost STAB is a waste of a Gengar, and SubDisable isn't a stallbreaker like Taunt Wisp is.

4. Molag Bal

Molag Bal It's evolution, baby.

I was wondering that too. You've already got Water coverage with Electivire: why are you missing out on Gengar's most reliable STAB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.