• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reality TV, Out of Control or What?

J-boogie200

I have time for the Real World and loved Flavor of Love, I Love New York, Daisy of Love, Making the Band, and Survivor/Big Brother.

However, it seems like all we have today is Reality TV. I mean, everybody and their momma got their own show. What happened to watching Discovery Channel, or Kenan and Kel.

Is it me, or is Reality TV becoming a scary phenomenon in all fields?

Meesey

King of the awesomes
It really is I think its really boring, no offense to anyone who likes it, but it is just showing how people live and then you realise...hang on I could be doing this right now instead of watching someone else do it...
BB annoys me the most mainly cas you watch people do everyday stuff, also it makes the most annoying people, like Nikki, popular and making them celebraties when all they have done is moan about other people they live with for several weeks...

granbull guy

Vasoline
i love anything on vh1 and most shows on mtv cuz reality show are Awswome in my oppinion

Vernikova

Champion
Shows like The Real World: --- or The Hills are pretty boring. I don't why anyone would want to waste time watching how a group of people live if they could be living their own lives. Seriously, VH1 is like full of this stuff as well as MTV, MTV2, and MTVTres.

I don't mind reality shows like Survivor Man or Cash Cab, if you count that as reality, since they air something real and interesting. Nothing like celebrities or spoiled rich kids getting drunk and acting obnoxious.

/opinion

pichu_power

But Never Again...
Shows like The Real World: --- or The Hills are pretty boring. I don't why anyone would want to waste time watching how a group of people live if they could be living their own lives.

I couldn't agree more...I hate how people are so INTO someone else's life that they ignore theirs by imitating them! It's a complete waste of time, really...

I also love Discovery Channel...to an extent...Dirty Jobs is an amazing show, along with Cash Cab and Man vs Wild...but I rlly hate those new shows they are putting on there...[some logging show?]

granbull guy

Vasoline
well i love shows like the real world and paris hiltons my new bff and dating shows to i dont copy them but i just get very attached to the competitors and get addicted to the shows

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Reality shows that are educational to some extent (Dirty Jobs, SurvivorMan vs. Wild, Etc.) are ok IMO. BUT, shows that follow every second of a person's, family's, etc's life is not just boring, but downright stupid sometimes. Most of the stuff on VH1, MTV 1, 2, whatever, falls into this catagory. Most reality shows are just ways of milking popular celebirties, abnormal families, and idiotic people for ratings and in turn, money.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Reality Shows SUCK (at least the ones like "Rock of Love", and the ones on MTV)

Thats the way i look at it.

I can't stand to watch snobish people get money because they do stupid crap on TV.

To be honest I love Vh1 and MTV shows but I can't stand show like Jon and Kate and others. I just like those game/reality shows

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
I agree they are getting out of control.

Survivor.... okay. Reality tv... if you are stranded on an island with backstabbing people.

After Survivor, for me, it got kinda pointless and a bit boring. Because in reality, do those events really happen?
Survivor? Challenges? The only challenge would be to find food and survive. Not to win competitions and stuff like that.

So, I vote reality tv isn't reality at all. Just bored producers. And yes, it is out of control.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
I agree they are getting out of control.

Survivor.... okay. Reality tv... if you are stranded on an island with backstabbing people.

After Survivor, for me, it got kinda pointless and a bit boring. Because in reality, do those events really happen?
Survivor? Challenges? The only challenge would be to find food and survive. Not to win competitions and stuff like that.

So, I vote reality tv isn't reality at all. Just bored producers. And yes, it is out of control.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
It should be said that there are two types of reality shows: Competitive reality shows like Survivor and those shows which chronicle the lives of celebrities.

I have no interest in the latter, but the former holds a few of my all time favourite shows. I LOVE Survivor and The Amazing Race, although both have had some dud seasons. It's kinda a combination of the people and locations that both these shows offer which I like most, the absence of which leads to very poor viewing (like in Survivor China and TAR Family Edition). I also like shows like the Mole and some live competition style programs.

Competitive Reality shows like those on VH1 and MTV are just as tacky as most celebrity reality viewing, and really do need to be in less number. I'd group Big Brother here too.

I like tough love, if that counts as reality TV, as well as The real world: Brooklyn. Some of the shows can get annoying, but I'll at least watch them once.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
Well, basically if the ratings are all about drama, then I don't watch. I avoid those people, why would I watch them? When I see them on commercials, I wonder who the heck tried to raise them, because they didn't do it properly.
Most reality TV I watch are competitions, like Top Chef, or Project Runway. That's because I want to be somewhere around talented people. :p

alex4u

Most of the reality shows have lost their charm but still there are some shows which are still good like American Idol America Got Talent but i dont watch these shows on tv when ever i get time i watch them online on edogo.com

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I like most reality tv like Charm School, Daisy of Love , Megan Wants A Millionare, etc. Just for pure entertainment. I don't really watch a lot of tv, I hardly watch it really. I mostly watch the two shows that are being showcased on Vh1 Ex; Real Chance of Love 2 and MWAM, and just some other sitcoms that show re-runs. I really don't see a problem with them they are just ment to Entertain a certain group of people that they target.

granbull guy

Vasoline
I like most reality tv like Charm School, Daisy of Love , Megan Wants A Millionare, etc. Just for pure entertainment. I don't really watch a lot of tv, I hardly watch it really. I mostly watch the two shows that are being showcased on Vh1 Ex; Real Chance of Love 2 and MWAM, and just some other sitcoms that show re-runs. I really don't see a problem with them they are just ment to Entertain a certain group of people that they target.
you are my twin

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
is it even worth to be called reality TV? i bet those people that are behind all those shows spend alot of time to manipulate their guests.
add a music on the background to match the sircumstances and voila.