• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Really gamefreak?

Bla7kCaT

well i dont mind the point system being adjusted, but i find the battles after you have a lv 100 pokemon to be too easy.. rhyperior 1-hit KOs everything, and it completely removes the fun of a tough battle.. you could always use weaker pokemon, but wheres the fun in playing with a handicap, i want to be able to give it my all and struggle to win..

as far as mindless time wasting goes, at least its not as bad as the safarizone in hgss..

legendarypokemonmaster

Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Incarnation just isn't worth it. It's boring, the hax is terrible, and it takes forever.

President People

Eat The Path
In the HG/SS Battle Tower Multi, you get like 7 points for winning the first round, but only if you linked with a friend.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
one thing that really annoys me is how little battle points you get for getting win streaks.
"CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST WASTED A HALF HOUR OF YOUR LIFE DOING 7 POINTLESS POKEMON BATTLES. HERE'S 3 BATTLE POINTS WHICH YOU CAN BUY DIDDLY SQUAT WITH!"
...It's kinda annoying when you get that message. Of course, you could get more by increasing your win streak, but it's very, very time-consuming and it seems like only a pro could get any signifigant amount of wins (the farthest I've gotten was 14 wins)
Not only that, but this is the ONLY way to get power items in any of the games which you pretty much need to EV train... using a macho brace just seems outdated. I think they should change it to 7 BP for 7 wins in later games, cause it only makes sense... either that or just make it a tad easier to get a decent win streak.

It really takes you half an hour for one 7 win streak? Wow.

I don't mind, really. In fact, I take it as a challenge. If they're going to give me so little, I'll just win more and more battles until I can get that TM I really want.

Also, if you do a bunch of battles in the Battle Hall in Platinum, a butler will give you free BP for doing a certain amount or going over said amount. I guess it's because Argenta really likes watching people fight, especially the player character and the shitloads of epic Pokemon s/he has to entertain her with.

And, if you hate getting BP in Black and White, just do the Multi Line (not Super Multi) over and over again. If you're lucky, your partner will do all the work for you, and you can sweep Emmet and Ingo as quick as a blink, giving you 16 BP everytime, should you survive.

flygonabsol99

I would like it to be a bit higher, but seven is a bit too much.4 maybe?It will take forever to get a choice scarf, though.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Battle Tower is for pros.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
PTHGSS I used the battle factory a lot because I liked using the borrowed pokemon. it became relatively easy to get up to 21 with some luck on the selection when you start figuring out the povesets in each tier. it also gave out 5 per streak (20 for the boss) so I got the items/tutors a lot faster.

I can get through the easy singles train OK in an hour or so (I often do something else as well) but thats still takes a long time to get enough points for something important

the inevitable "grey" version / hoenn remakes will probably feature a new battle frontier and move tutor.

This is stupid.

First up, the weaker battle trains, for the first 14 you hardly ever go against full evolved pokemon. It's a joke of a challenge so of course it's only worth 3bp. If you finish the train you get 16bp. Oh look, just enough for a power item.

Secondly. It's not supposed to be easy. The tower and now subway is there for an END GAME CHALLENGE. Actually, extra emphasis on CHALLENGE. It's one of only things worth doing after you've gotten a team to 100 and have no use for pretty much anything else in the game, if the subway was too easy then it would entirely defeat the object of the reason it was there.

Moral of the story: just because you suck, don't whine about it. If you want the items, put in the effort.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
You need Battle Subway items for super trains. You need battle points to buy these items. The fastest and least boring way to get these points are the super trains. Halfway to my first; life orb, expert belt (aka leave everything with 1 HP, even without Focus Sash) just doesn't cut it. Then again Poison Heal Gliscor, CroCune, and Calm Mind Raikou can make it to 14 without an issue anyways.

Last edited:

Aegon

I agree; more BPs should be give out for the standard lines. Three is tiny compared to the prices you have to pay. 5 BPs would be ideal. If you can't get Power Items, how are you supposed to EV train to win in the Battle Subway?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
To tell you the truth I was going to make a thread on this issue... But what really annoys me is the fact that you now only get 10 BP for beating the Subway Boss vs 20 BP for beating a Frontier Brain in the Battle Frontier! I mean REALLY!? As if it wasn't time consuming enough to save up for a Focus Sash!?

Zibdas

not bad
To tell you the truth I was going to make a thread on this issue... But what really annoys me is the fact that you now only get 10 BP for beating the Subway Boss vs 20 BP for beating a Frontier Brain in the Battle Frontier! I mean REALLY!? As if it wasn't time consuming enough to save up for a Focus Sash!?

Forgot about that. Makes the BS that much more fun.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
I EV train to beat the Subway. The normal single/double trains don't take me too long to complete, however the super trains are overkill, of course.
In terms of BP, the normal trains give out 16 points in total after a 21 win streak, and that already gets you a nice power item to help you with the supers.

I'm fine with the BP distribution on the Subway.

But the hax battles on the super trains are a different story.

Last edited: