• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

Cipher 2008

That's the spirit.

I've found a league not very far from me, so I'll be using my Devil's Duty deck for that. It's one of the Battle Frontier leagues; I've missed Battle Pyramid, which was 2nd June to 20th July, but Battle Tower's on until 10th September. WOO! Finally getting a POP ID! :D

Mech_Master

I'd be very tempted to start again, but to be honest I typically have bad luck with card games and pulling stuff from boosters, so on others I tend to stay away from organized play. The last organized event I went to was a Gym Heroes Prerelease and back then I totally got kicked around. And no one I know personally plays it. So for me, its a situation like with the Naruto card game: There's not much worth behind trying to start again. Plus, money is tight right now, so unless some of the stuff I have for sale on my website starts selling, I wouldn't have much money for this.

And I stopped during Neo Genesis because my former stepbrothers (my main opponents) and I started to shift towards Magic: the Gathering.
I suggest you start playing again, even if you have no one to play with at the moment. I started up again and I already have gotten 5 people back into Pokemon (not just the tcg but just in general). :]

DEMONOFDEATH

Drk Dog PKMN Mstr
I have been playin since the beginning. I kinda quit at Neo Destiny & got back into it around Ruby & Sapphire. I saw the new things that were happening to Pokèmon & had to get back into it. I can't say I'm a big fan of the modified list. I hate to buy cards & not b able to use them in the future. It's a waist of money. That's y I don't play Magic:The Gathering. I don't go to any tournaments b/c none r near me. I don't use any old trainer cards b/c the newer ones r waaaaay better. I don't use much old Pokèmon cards at that. I'm still tryin to find some people that play's around my area. One person I know at the Yu-Gi-Oh league plays, but that is about it. But I still enjoy it very much.

Some of the locators really suck. Not enough people get on some of these sites where I live. I'm sure it would b a lot easier to find people if they all listed where they were from. I wish it was forced to do when making an account on most Pokèmon sites. Like for this site, not many people put where they live.

Cipher 2008

If you hate buying cards that you "can't use in the future", why not play in Unlimited Format tournaments as well as Modified Format tournaments?

Ryu99

i started playing again a few weeks back me and someone else went through all my ex card sets that i have collected and managed to build a half decent deck it keeps winning which is good and the shop i play in is gonna start a league

DEMONOFDEATH

Drk Dog PKMN Mstr
If you hate buying cards that you "can't use in the future", why not play in Unlimited Format tournaments as well as Modified Format tournaments?

O trust me, I would love to if there were tournaments near me. The closest one is around a hour & a half away. I live in Florence, SC & the tournies r all Columbia, SC & Myrtle Beach, SC. No way am I goin to get over there with gas like it is. Maybe if it keeps goin down like it is here, I'll try it, but besides that, it ain't happening.

& I was woundering, can we use cards back from the beginning of the TCG for Unlimited format¿ As in the base set from the Neo sets¿

Mech_Master

O trust me, I would love to if there were tournaments near me. The closest one is around a hour & a half away. I live in Florence, SC & the tournies r all Columbia, SC & Myrtle Beach, SC. No way am I goin to get over there with gas like it is. Maybe if it keeps goin down like it is here, I'll try it, but besides that, it ain't happening.

& I was woundering, can we use cards back from the beginning of the TCG for Unlimited format¿ As in the base set from the Neo sets¿
You live in SC? I live in Myrtle Beach but I don't know where any tournaments would be. If you ever hear of any around here let me know :]

KiryuTheDragon

Tokusatsu Fanatic
I suggest you start playing again, even if you have no one to play with at the moment. I started up again and I already have gotten 5 people back into Pokemon (not just the tcg but just in general). :]

Oh, I have friends who are also still into Pokemon, but they've given up on card games. Besides, my money issues are deep ($250 owed for rest of tuition for coming semester of college, $300+ to fix my iBook, who knows how much for school books, etc.), so not much to spare for card games anymore.

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
The pokemon tcg shall live on forever pokemon 4 life

Last edited:

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
The Rayquaza and Syther pokemon cards are the best ever they are the greatest pokemon of all time and always will be but Gyradros is still awesome as well. ;384; ;123; ;130;

Last edited:

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
Well the pokemon Scyther and Rayquaza in general are the greatest pokemon ever but Gyradros still rocks too at least in my opinion there the best

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
Fine well the TCG is awesome and people should play it because its pure fun and it makes you want to get more and more until the Pokemon Indusrtry runs out of ideas for pokemon which will probaly be never.

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
Fine well the TCG is awesome and people should play it because its pure fun and it makes you want to get more and more until the Pokemon Indusrtry runs out of ideas for pokemon which will probaly be never.

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther

Scarlet Spyder

To play relive the moments with friends. Me and about 5 other friends all bought starters just to play eachother.