• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

IchirakuRamen

That guy with a hat.
Yeah my friend got me into it he's high ranked, and over here we have an official Pokemon league holder that's only 15 minutes away, so it's cool

Munchy.42

I was thinking of starting to play again, but I want to know what decks are good at the moment. Would a deck revolved around Banette EX or Dragonite EX work? Sorry, if posting oin this thread counts as spam, but I didn't want to make a whole thread about it.

mukmaster

B/W 3568-1771-6466
I absolutely love the Pokemon TCG, but in my heart ever since Nintendo took over the rights of wizard to design and produce cards. I feel that cards are very OP and have little value once the next set is built and released.

Setever

Spring Awakening.
I had gained interest again a while back.... and got together a team to start building a Pokemon TCG playing program... like Apprentice, but slightly better ( ;P ) .. and have been working on that. Progress is rough, though. But the love for the TCG is going to make it keep going.

That's what I've started playing again.

Setever

Spring Awakening.
I had gained interest again a while back.... and got together a team to start building a Pokemon TCG playing program... like Apprentice, but slightly better ( ;P ) .. and have been working on that. Progress is rough, though. But the love for the TCG is going to make it keep going.

That's what I've started playing again.

XSilverStarboyX

I havent played since Neo Destiny first came out. I think its because my mom just stopped taking me to the leagues and I couldnt find anyone who played the game. I ran into someone at an anime convention this weekend who told me he still played the game and theres a league about 30 minutes away. Im gonna go to it this Friday. If I like it, I think Ill start playing again. What sucked is when I first played the game, I was young and had no way of getting money so I had to hope that my family would buy me cards which rarely happened. But now that I have a job, I can access cards easier. I bought myself a Majestic Dawn deck yesterday. I wish they would re-release Jhoto Pokemon since I dont think the old cards are legal in gameplay anymore;152;

df006

Problem in Getting back in Pokemon TCG

I am trying to get back in Pokemon TCG but I am having problems-all the cards in the shops here are fake cards imported from China.At first I thought they wer misprins but now I know,even though they don't look it,they are fake.That is why I have very few REAL DP cards-like Lugia[DP SW] and 2-3 others.

soccerboyahk

i have problems too: i live in a very remote area (vermont) and the closest league is in another state and more than an hour and a half away. all my friends play Pokemon but none want to play in a league. i am working on a deck and asking people online if they live near me to see if they want to make a league cause i think i can convince my friends to play once the league is up, running and close

darkrai2cool4u

Another Headbanger
well, i started playing in the base set, then ended probobably at fire red and leaf green, gave away all my cards (thousands, which i now completely regret). I started up again just a couple months ago and have joined a league and it rules!!!

darkrai2cool4u

Another Headbanger
Iv'e been playing all my life pokemon rules

Rhonder

league locator help

I have been playing pretty much since I was 5/ since it came out. I am new to tournament play and just recently joined a league for the first time^.^ . Just as a note to those trying to find a league on the POP league locator and have said things like " there is no league around at least 250 miles!!!!!!", I have found that it is better just to enter in your country and state. I live in washington, and go to a league in mukilteo, about 15 miles away, yet when I type in my city, zip-code, and distance away in miles, it comes up with nothing. I just thought I'd share this for those peoples who r trying to find a league and failing:redface:

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
I think the reason why people start playing the TCG is becuase the TCG itself is fun and challenging, but also simple for young kids to enjoy. The cards themselves also look cool and some people probably want to collect them. And alot of people like to participate in the tournamants. Those are one of the main reasons why I got into the TCG.

ChimFang

i wanna play in tournaments BUt i live in Holland so i cant really go to USA to play so all i can d is hope lots of kids play it and orginize a tournament foor my town

nickthew033

soldier of halla
hi,i used to play the card game all the time,but toys r us stoped doing thier tornament so i kinda fell out of the game.but now the local library is starting up thier own weekly tornament so im trying to get back in to the game,but its been about 6 years since the last time i even played a match,let alone bought a pack.so i was woundering if you could give me some tips on deck building in the modern metagame or tell me where in the forum i could get some help.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I dunno, I sorta left it in 2006, when Pokemon was collapsing around me. But recently I bought all kinds of rares from Neo, and got back to opening my cases of cards. (Back in 06, I stopped playing the TCG, the anime seemed too immature, and I had to go say bye-bye to the Pokemon Center in NYC.)

Petergames

shadow trainer
i am portuguese and i dont know were is the closest tornament or fan shop
if there is any portuguese here at serebii forums that know anifing please send me a message

GarchompHata

I feel sick...
Sadly, I have no one to play with, and with gas prices so high, I rarely play. I go 6-8 times a year, 4 prereleases, 3-4 leagues/tournaments. I love playing, but rarely can.

Volt Tackle Pichu

Wind Reploid Lv9
I realy didn't like that Modified Format blew up some cards from the EX Series. I think many people did have a decent or superior deck with Fire Red Leaf Green / Hidden Legends / Sandstorm / Rocket boosters. Anyway, Pokemon is one of the most economic TCGs, 'cause boosters are not so expensive, and you don't have to pull many boosters to find cards you want (Except Lv.X). Something that is true is, that only USA, have a league in every corner, and here in Mexico is rare to find one, and I Would start one, but don't have any money. But I really like the TCG

DrWho

Time traveler
I was thinking of starting to play again, but I want to know what decks are good at the moment. Would a deck revolved around Banette EX or Dragonite EX work? Sorry, if posting oin this thread counts as spam, but I didn't want to make a whole thread about it.

Okay, first off the ONLY packs that are allowed are D&P and up, and pop promos 6 and up.

The best decks are: TogeChomp, AMU, Kingdra, Darkrai, Scepeon and some more, the easiest deck to make would be a L.A Heatren or Regigigas since they both come with the staples such as Buck's, Cynthias and so on it wouldn't hurt to buy a G.E deck either considering Bebe's and Rose's Research. Go to a tournametn or two, to check on and se what are the most played cards, if found Kingdra and Claydol the most overused, I find that it's best to use your favorites, like I'm using Darkrai and the reason why I said Heatran/Regigigas is because a Heatren lvl x tin AND Regigigas lvl x tin are coming out in mid November accompanied by the release of Stormfront with the 2 decks featuring a very good Tyranitar and Gyarados which is also superb.