• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reasons against Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Are their any legal reason why the government should not allow homosexuals to get married?

Last edited:
I think that if homosexuals want to get married, then they can do so through the court, which they can. So they technically can get married.

I personally believe that they shouldn't get married traditionally. I'm for keeping traditional marriage alive. But the ball is in the government's court.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Marriage is a religious institution. You're violating the 1st amendment.

1st Amendment said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Last edited:

that doesnt matter they change it and add stuff all the time. Then again it was made 250 years ago

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
America was founded on Christianic beliefs. Not Christianity, but similar beliefs.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
that doesnt matter they change it and add stuff all the time. Then again it was made 250 years ago

So the Constitution, the very founding document on which the United States government was based upon, is null and void in your eyes because it's old and gets changed occasionally? And I wondered how the US got as screwed up as it did...

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I think that if homosexuals want to get married, then they can do so through the court, which they can. So they technically can get married.

You mean civil unions? Those aren't marriage, or they would be called marriage. There is a legal form of marriage that is distinct from a civil union, so to say that civil unions are marriage would be wrong.

But marriage is not a religious institution, kaiser. You can get a legal marriage without any church participating in any way. How do you think people who don't want a deity observed at their ceremony get married? Couples can be married by judges in civil ceremonies as opposed to pastors in churches.

So the Constitution, the very founding document on which the United States government was based upon, is null and void in your eyes because it's old and gets changed occasionally? And I wondered how the US got as screwed up as it did...

Yeah I'm not in favor of violating the Constitution either, but the point is moot since marriage isn't a religious institution and altering it does not violate the First Amendment.

Last edited:

legendarypokemonmaster

There really is no other answer than this:

No.

You mean civil unions? Those aren't marriage, or they would be called marriage. There is a legal form of marriage that is distinct from a civil union, so to say that civil unions are marriage would be wrong.

Yeah civil unions. Still you are legally married through them.

I said nothing of the sort???? i said they are changing things like womens rights werent there when it was first made but it changed.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Yeah civil unions. Still you are legally married through them.

No, you aren't legally "married" under a civil union. "Married" is not the right terminology for someone who has entered in a civil union.

The only way you can be "married" is if you had a "marriage". The legal definitions of marriage and civil union are different. This is a fact.

FactCheck: http://www.factcheck.org/what_is_a_civil_union.html

There is a difference between a civil union and a nonreligious marriage. You can be legally but not religiously married by having a judge marry you in a civil ceremony. That is one of the legal definitions of a marriage. As long as gay people cannot marry, they cannot have a judge marry them.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
If homosexuality is allowed, what if in the future, pedophilia is allowed as well.

This is about as stupid as when my father says, "What next? Marrying your dog?!" Pedophilia and the like are nothing like homosexuality. Gay marriage involves two consenting adults. Children, animals, etc. cannot legally consent so the idea that those kinds of things will ever be allowed is absolutely ridiculous.

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
If homosexuality is allowed, what if in the future, pedophilia is allowed as well.

Oh, but why stop there! Just imagine if we let people in Nebraska with venereal diseases marry! Then, humans will start marrying cats right and left!

Edit: I forgot how many kids use these forums. This is obviously sarcasm, so don't take it seriously. I was pretty much making the point that Arceus-Sama made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.