• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reasons for a Serena return in Sword & Shield Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Lad

Banned
The reason why a girl won't get the Brock treatment and last a long time is because the female companions are the most marketable characters each saga after Ash, and they want a new one to represent each gen of the games. The female companion is always a major driving force of each saga, and given how popular the designs are leading to tons of fanart, character interactions, etc, it makes sense to have a new one.

Why can't they stick Serena (or any girl) in the Galar female character outfits?

It seems like their comment was taken out of context then since it sounds more like they meant that the kiss was just a way to give Serena's fans hope that she and Satoshi would reunite someday, which might still happen, but that doesn't necessarily make them an endgame couple.

Well if the implication is that they'll be the eventual endgame couple when the show (or at least Ash's journey) is over, it would be very odd if there's just a scene of an older Ash and older Serena together without any explanation. You would think they would bring her back quite a number of times in subsequent seasons if that's supposed to be the ultimate result.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash is gonna end up with a random girl, I’d rather see that than to know he ended up with a past main character. I don’t see why Serena of all the girls who had a crush on him, should be endgame for him. I’d be disappointed. I’d rather he ended up with Misty or someone we don’t know.
But, Lillie Z-Powered form outfit looks like a school uniform. Why didn't we see Ash crushing more into her in the anime then?
He blushed at Lillie before (though it was far from romantic intentions.) It just so happens that Gladion is in the way of their romance coming true. Ash can’t choose between his two loves!

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Ash is gonna end up with a random girl, I’d rather see that than to know he ended up with a past main character.

He blushed at Lillie before (though it was far from romantic intentions.) It just so happens that Gladion is in the way of their romance coming true. Ash can’t choose between his two loves!
Ash could talk to Gladion and express how he feels about Lillie. It happened in other franchises like in GTA San Andreas.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
He can barely express how to battle or perform a Z Move! His whole declaration of love will be made up of onomatopoeia words!
Yeah, Ash is only into battles and Pokemons, unlike CJ who could date many womens as he wants if the player chooses, and her sister's boyfriend is like his brother-in-law in which they always teaming up together, unlike Ash & Gladion.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I think people are just setting themselves up for disappointment. Ash cares about his companions and their well-being, but the primary topic at the forefront of his mind will always be Pokémon and battling. So far, we haven’t had any indication in the recent seasons he cares about romance at all, and pretty much all of the ‘hints’ people claim for their ships with him have been passionately friendly at best. If you’re gearing yourself up for a satisfying return for any girl to fulfill some ship, it has an almost definite probability of never happening.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Uh... why did this thread suddenly turned into a Ash/Gladion and Ash/Lillie thread?
I think we already express our thoughts from this thread, along with other Serena threads in the past. I'll just take the "wait & see" approach, despite I'm not favorable about it.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Uh... why did this thread suddenly turned into a Ash/Gladion and Ash/Lillie thread?
Because there’s no evidence that Serena will or even possibly return in Galar and her relationship with Ash, Amourshipping, is one sided at most. What could have been said has already been said or is being recycled. Sorry but this topic is dry as f.

Moonlight Starlight

I can only see two generations BW and XY getting parallel Au movies involving two girls being an adventure movie with Ash and in the series with him as a companion again. Which happens to be Iris and Serena these two being brought in their own generation why they were chosen as Ash's companion for a very good reason which I do see BW and XY becoming two different parallel AU movies and a series too.
No one read my comment on the last page. I want to know what you all think.

Xuxuba

I don’t understand the logic of people who think that Serena deserves to come back as a companion or that it makes the most sense for her to come back?? Like just forget May, Iris, etc huh? Serena is based off of the protagonist of the XY games which is why she was apart of the anime. There’s literally no reason for her or any of the previous companions to return as a main companion. Guest appearances are another story but with SM almost over, it looks like Serena’s ship has sailed. The likelihood for a character to get a cameo two gens later is slim to none. Misty and Brock don’t count for obvious reasons.
What is there to not understand? The writers invested a lot of time on these characters, so to have them completely disappear from this universe would be a complete waste.

Also, most of Ash's companions developed a strong bond with him and vice versa. There is nothing absurd about them wanting to see each other again. If anything, to have Ash completely forget his previous companions only damages the show in the long run because it makes seem like every relationship in this show is pointless and replaceable.

Yes, the show promotes the games, but it doesn't exist for that sole purpose. Some people actually enjoy the characters and watch the anime for them. If they wanted to watch something that was just a promotion of the games, they'd just watch a commercial.

Because there’s no evidence that Serena will or even possibly return in Galar and her relationship with Ash, Amourshipping, is one sided at most. What could have been said has already been said or is being recycled. Sorry but this topic is dry as f.
Personally, when i'm tired of a thread's subject, i look for another thread or start one of my own, instead of assuming everyone else is tired aswell and go changing the subject, which is against the forum's rules, by the way.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Moonlight Starlight said:
No one read my comment on the last page. I want to know what you all think.

I read it and was going to reply, but then I decided against it because I just couldn't bring myself to mention all of the things that I disagreed with. I'll just make it short and say that I don't see why we should expect Serena in a movie, especially one that takes place in an alternate universe since the past two movies that were like that didn't involve any previous companions coming back for a major role.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this thread as it's gone way off topic, and character bashing has occurred in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.