• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recent Virus Threat

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
So that's why this page had been blocked for some reasons because of the malware thing yesterday. Thank you for the information:)

Kelde0

Ghost Leader
I seem to be getting ads everywhere on all sites where they shouldn't be. Also, I have green underlines on some words and when I click on links it sometimes opens a pop-up window

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I seem to be getting ads everywhere on all sites where they shouldn't be. Also, I have green underlines on some words and when I click on links it sometimes opens a pop-up window

That does sound like a virus, but it isn't the one that infected us

My Sneasel Trolls

Sneasel Is Life
I had no idea this was going on while I was away.
Im so glad that nothing bad happened.

NO 1 IS WILL GOIGN R 2 B TAEKING MAI SEREBI

Jerre

Gogoat!
Both my browser on my pc and my tablet warned me about the forums being infected. But thanks anyway. :)

Yesterday i updated my antivirus and did a full scan. Results are: 0 threats detected. :)

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
So that's what it was. Thanks for letting us know, i'll run Malwarebytes immediately.

Paramount

Second to none

I recommend Avast or Malwarebytes, something good & free.
If you have money to spend, Norton 360 is great, too.

Avast or Malwarebytes works great, too.

I got the warning and stayed away, but with no more warnings, I should be okay right? I'll run scans anyway.
Yes, the site is fine now.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I'm just glad that it is now over. I missed this place <3

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I went on serebii that day even though my browser suggested me not to. I hope my computer's fine. I felt bad afterwards so I shut down my computer completely, in hope of having a fine computer when I come back.
Doing a quick scan of my computer at the moment. I haven't seen anything anormal with it since then but I want to be completely sure.
EDIT: The quick scan detected a single infected element. I'm not sure if it's related to serebii's earlier problem. Now doing a thorough scan of my computer to assure the biggest safety. To anyone who did just like me and went on serebii forum even though the forum was blocked, I recommand you to make a general scan of your computer right away.
EDIT 2: Okay. The thorough scan of my computer was done, and nothing suspicious was identified, meaning the quick scan did the job. I have nothing to worry about now!

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Um I use my phone to go on the forums... Does this mean I should be concerned about this? I don't know if phones can get a computer virus...