• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recieving Updates From Pokedex 3D

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I dowloaded Pokedex 3D yesterday, and I checked Serebii 'cause I wanted some more information on it. Well, it said everyday I would get 3 random Pokemon.

1. Is everyday after 24 hours? Or is it 12:00 AM?

2. Is there anything I have to do to be able to recieve them?

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
You may want to take note of the following observations I have made from using this software.

1. The pokemon are downloaded from the Internet via SpotPass, so keep your Nintendo 3DS on with wireless enabled with connection to the internet (for example on and in range of your wireless router's signal)

2. Scanning the Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion AR Markers will cause you to receive those Pokemon immediately

3. Scanning other AR Markers will increase the odds of recieving that Pokemon through SpotPass.

4. I have also taken notice that I tend to receive 1 in the morning, 1 during day and 1 in the evening, they aren't given all at once.

5. The software doesn't seem to check for Pokemon while playing a game.

Osada

Pokemon lover
You may want to take note of the following observations I have made from using this software.

1. The pokemon are downloaded from the Internet via SpotPass, so keep your Nintendo 3DS on with wireless enabled with connection to the internet (for example on and in range of your wireless router's signal)

2. Scanning the Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion AR Markers will cause you to receive those Pokemon immediately

3. Scanning other AR Markers will increase the odds of recieving that Pokemon through SpotPass.

4. I have also taken notice that I tend to receive 1 in the morning, 1 during day and 1 in the evening, they aren't given all at once.

5. The software doesn't seem to check for Pokemon while playing a game.

1. you don't have to turn your spotpass on all the time, you just have to turn it on each day (when you want to receive the data, and it only takes about 10 sec.), the day is count with UTC time, so each day is count from 00.00 UTC to 24.00 UTC

2. there are 6 pokemon you can receive only just scanning their AR marker, those pokemon are: Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram, and Zekrom

3. most likely, but not always

4. you can receive all 3 pokemon ech day in the same time, just go to home screen and resume the pokedex3d (no need to close the pokedex3d apps.)

5. you can receive the pokemon data while doing anything including play a game, as long as your wireless function is on and you're inside the wi-fi range.

Last edited:

destroctdo

Older gens. released in update?

Does anyone know if/when they will be releasing the older generations for the pokedex 3D? I want my Squirtle dammit!

*IZ*

Does anyone know if/when they will be releasing the older generations for the pokedex 3D? I want my Squirtle dammit!

I was thinking the exact same thing and i bet there will because you have the option to like update it but recently they havent got any updates

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
4. you can receive all 3 pokemon ech day in the same time, just go to home screen and resume the pokedex3d (no need to close the pokedex3d apps.)

Sometimes that doesn't work (for me anyway). About half of the time I try it won't give me the 3rd Pokemon until a few hours later. And yesterday I got 4 Pokemon total that day. 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. So there seem to be more variables than people think.

destroctdo

Well, it is a new system and I bet they are still trying to work out the bugs for the Americans and rest of the world. Maybe they'll release update dates later on in the year...

Osada

Pokemon lover
Sometimes that doesn't work (for me anyway). About half of the time I try it won't give me the 3rd Pokemon until a few hours later. And yesterday I got 4 Pokemon total that day. 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. So there seem to be more variables than people think.

really? how's that possible? does anyone else you know have the same or different kind of receiving?

btw: I'm looking for a person that live in Jakarta so we can exchange the pokemon data,, :)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
really? how's that possible? does anyone else you know have the same or different kind of receiving?

I know that one of my friends couldn't recieve more than 1-2 Pokemon a day for the past week.

Aegon

I know that one of my friends couldn't recieve more than 1-2 Pokemon a day for the past week.
Yeah, that's been happening with my brother lately.

I get all three Pokémon at the same time by receiving one, then going to the Home Menu, and then clicking Pokédex 3D again. I repeat that once more to have all three.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Yeah, that's been happening with my brother lately.

I get all three Pokémon at the same time by receiving one, then going to the Home Menu, and then clicking Pokédex 3D again. I repeat that once more to have all three.

Yep, that's what my friend and I have been doing. But sometimes it won't give us more than 1 or 2 a day by doing that. It's only happened to me a few times since I got the game but my friend's was like that for a whole week.