• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recolouring on Microsoft Word Tutorial

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
I recently started recolouring on Microsoft Word and showing it on my art thread, and people have been asking how it looks so like the origional. So I've decided to do a tutorial thread on how to do this.
NOTE: You can only do this Microsoft Word 2010. I have tried with older versions and it's not possible.

Firstly you must choose what picture you will want to do and what parts you will want to recolour when the time comes. I have decided to go for weavile card pack from diamond and pearl secret wonders.
part1.png

Once you have chosen you'll want to copy and paste the picture and make it so one is in front and the other is behind. This is so that you'll be able to overlap them. It's kind of like having layers in GIMP or Photoshop.
part2.png

From there click on the forward one as your be modifing that one. Double click on it and go to the top corner and select this icon.
rm.png

From there you'll be able to select what parts you won't want to be recoloured and what parts you will want to be recoloured using these buttons.
backgroundchange.png

(Note:Word sometimes changes odd bits by itself so be careful)

Once you have added/deleted the parts it should look something like this:
part3.png

Click away and then double click it again. Go to the top corner again and using the icons next to the remove background icon you'll be able to change the colour.
The icons-
adjust.png

Depending on what you want to change depends on how many copys you make. You can only change each copy to one colour so you may have to make several like this-
part35.png

After that is done slide them top of each other and there you go! Unforunatly you won't be able to copy these on to paint to due to the way they were created however screenshotting works just as well as copying would.
part4.png

And here is the final result!
Normal-
hmmmtutorig.png
Recolour-
hmmmtut.png

Here is another few examples-
Normal-
meh3orig.png
recolour-
meh3.png

Normal-
idontknow.png
recolour-
idontknow-1.png

If you want to show me your results or ask any questions just post below.​

Last edited:

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
Holy crap this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Photoshop can kiss my-- .. ;D Haha kidding, but wow this is really impressive! I'll give it a go soon and post my results :] Thanks!

bones090

< brav man i is sick
What's this?
A wild blue meerkat appeared. I don't think you've seen anything quite like it.

Good tutorial. I knew already how to remove the background, but to use it to edit the colour of one part of the image. Genius. Pure Genius.

Here's attempt 1 - I shall keep posting as I progress -

bleekat.png

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
What's this?
A wild blue meerkat appeared. I don't think you've seen anything quite like it.

Good tutorial. I knew already how to remove the background, but to use it to edit the colour of one part of the image. Genius. Pure Genius.

Here's attempt 1 - I shall keep posting as I progress -

bleekat.png

^^Nice first try! Don't forget you can adjust the contrast as well. The only part that looke a bit off is the tail but apart from that it's really good!

Psychic

Really and truly
o_o That is incredibly cool. I never would have guessed Word could do something like that, and it's awesome seeing someone putting it to good use. I'll definitely give this a try at some point. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!

~Psychic

Lugia81

Lugia Master
I recently started recolouring on Microsoft Word and showing it on my art thread, and people have been asking how it looks so like the origional. So I've decided to do a tutorial thread on how to do this.

NOTE: You can only do this Microsoft Word 2010. I have tried with older versions and it's not possible.​

Firstly you must choose what picture you will want to do and what parts you will want to recolour when the time comes. I have decided to go for weavile card pack from diamond and pearl secret wonders.
part1.png

Once you have chosen you'll want to copy and paste the picture and make it so one is in front and the other is behind. This is so that you'll be able to overlap them. It's kind of like having layers in GIMP or Photoshop.
part2.png

From there click on the forward one as your be modifing that one. Double click on it and go to the top corner and select this icon.
rm.png

From there you'll be able to select what parts you won't want to be recoloured and what parts you will want to be recoloured using these buttons.
backgroundchange.png

(Note:Word sometimes changes odd bits by itself so be careful)​

Once you have added/deleted the parts it should look something like this:
part3.png

Click away and then double click it again. Go to the top corner again and using the icons next to the remove background icon you'll be able to change the colour.
The icons-
adjust.png

Depending on what you want to change depends on how many copys you make. You can only change each copy to one colour so you may have to make several like this-
part35.png

After that is done slide them top of each other and there you go! Unforunatly you won't be able to copy these on to paint to due to the way they were created however screenshotting works just as well as copying would.
part4.png

And here is the final result!
Normal-
hmmmtutorig.png
Recolour-
hmmmtut.png

Here is another few examples-
Normal-
meh3orig.png
recolour-
meh3.png

Normal-
idontknow.png
recolour-
idontknow-1.png

If you want to show me your results or ask any questions just post below.​

Wholly crap I didn't know that was possible!
Great job on it :)

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
It's good to see this tutorial getting more views. Glad you liked it Psychic and Lugia81. Like I said before, if anyone has any questions just ask.
Also thank you to the mod that made this a sticky!

Ditto123

~Word~
Great job! I'm going to try it...once I get Word 2010

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Sorry about that everyone. Photobucket went down causing the images to not show but they are back now.

rk9growlithe

The Arcanine Trainer

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
May I ask what version of microsoft word this was done on?

The tutorial says you can only do this on Word 2010. Near the top.

On a side note, this is fantastic. Great tutorial. Never would've guessed it was possible to recolor like that. I'm definelty going to try that! Thanks!

Janaff

Wow, that is amazing. I had no idea that Word was able to do that.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Well, just tried immediately after I saw this tutorial.

Not that bad, and simple to use. But, because MS Word's main function is document editing, its picture tools is not that powerful, and quite slow in processing.

Guess I'll still gonna stick to my Photoshop, CorelDraw and Zoner Photo Studio Editor.

Thecatteam

Tried this for kicks--It's pretty neat! Never expected Word to be able to do that; probably because it's Word. But it worked decently well! For someone who has no other software to use for image editing, like me, this is ok.

EDIT: Here's an umbreon that I did. It's a little sloppy around the eyes, but other than that it's ok.

Umbreon.jpg

Last edited: