• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recommend a Manga.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Simple Thread. Recommend a Manga. Also manhwa and manhua are acceptable too.

For my pick is a hit among fans of Rurouni Kenshin, Gintama, and Dragon Ball with some claiming they haven't seen this old style of manga (or more accurately manhwa) in a very long time. That is Gosu which is Korean for The Master.

So what's it about? Gosu takes place in feudal times after a Golden Age of Martial Arts has ended and the story is about a young boy named Gang Ryong who is on a mission to take revenge against four traitors who nearly killed the boy's master. After that is spoilers but if you really want to decide whether or not Gosu is worth your time, read the first two very spoiler-ish chapters of Gosu and that should be enough to tell you what kind of story this is and maybe even understand what fans are saying of how they haven't seen this old style of storytelling in a very long time. It's kind of hard to explain by old style of storytelling but I think you'll know it when you check it out.

Interestingly what you may not know is that Gosu is unlike most manhwa and manga these days in that it already takes place in an fairly old universe established by another manhwa in classic black & white book form, Yonbi the Invincible, released in 2002 with a total of 15 volumes and later a sequel, Yonbi the Invincible 2, with a total of 12 volumes. Yeah, Gosu is actually the third installment of an already established universe and one that's pretty old by now. I never read it but thought this was a fun fact. I have heard it's a really fun read and it's namely because it features an unorthodox protagonist at the time of the early 2000s, a greedy martial artist & bounty hunter who has a love of drinking which he shares with his trusty horse and a lust for women.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yotsuba&!

This series is probably one of the most effective antidepressants out there. The basic plot of most chapters is Yotsuba discovering something new and getting super excited about it and trying to share her enthusiasm with everyone else.