• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recommend me your favourite pre-BW fillers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeStack

Hey all,

I've been watching a lot of random filler episodes recently and I just wanna know if there are good ones I should look out for.

I saw the original series as a kid, I remember most of Kanto but don't hesitate to give them a mention because there's lots that I won't remember fully, especially in Johto! In terms of filler I've seen little to none of Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Out of my recent haul, I think The Wayward Wobbuffet and Where No Togepi Has Gone Before are my favourites. So I guess there's some criteria for you lol.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

LizardonX

Banned
The HGSS miniarc.
Piplup up and again.
The one after he lost at lake acuity. It shows that is is possible for ash to feel something not named happy after losing.

Janovy

Banned
Another one: A Meteoric Rise to Excellence! :p

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Illusion Confusion, Type Casting, The Screen Actor's Guilt, Bye Bye Psyduck, In the Pink, Ignorance is Blissey, A Shipful of Shivers, The School of Hard Knocks, Wired for Battle, The Path to the Pokemon League, Bad to the Bone, Showdown At Dark City, Ditto's Mysterious Mansion, Pikachu's Goodbye (apparently this is considered a filler), The Bridge Bike Gang, The Battling Eevee Brothers, The Flame Pokemon-athon!, Un-BEAR-able, For Crying Out Loud, Sick Daze, The Crystal Onix, The Superhero Secret, Some Like It Hot!, The Heartbreak of Brock, and more.

Last edited:

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
A scare to remember, Advanced Battle (pikachu looses its memory and is tricked into joining team rocket!)
A corphish out of water, Advanced (ash's new corphish causes some problems, and TR also almost accidentally get themselves, may, max and brock killed)
Can't beat the Heat, Master Quest (Ash vs Gary in the Johto Leauge!)
Playing With Fire, Master Quest (Ash vs Harrison, johto leauge)
Ignorance is Blissey, Johto Journeys (Jessie meets a Blissey pokemon center worker who she befriended in the past, and it more than willingly helps TR steal the center's food..
Get the Show on the Road, Advanced (first hoenn episode, pikachu is sick with a fever that makes it delusional and uncontrollable and its at risk of....yes...exploding :p. Also May totally fails at commanding her first pokemon attack, and there is a scene that mirrors the part in R/S/E where you chose your starter and stuff)
A Poached Ego, Advanced (shows how Team Rocket do sorta have hearts...at least more than some other criminals)
A six pack attack, Advanced Challenge (features the kanto and hoenn starters of the proffessors)
Seeing is believing, Advanced (Jessie has for a while believed her cascoon is a silcoon, and in this episode it and may's silcoon evolve)
Brave the Wave, Advanced (Ash's second hoenn gym battle, where Ash gets a little stubborn and presumptuous and it bites him in the but)
Having a Wailord of a Time, Advanced
I feel skitty, Advanced (May catches her skitty...and it's SOOO cute!)
Gaining Groudon/Stopping the Raging of Legends, Advanced Battle (The climax of the Team Magma/Aqua subplot in the anime)
The Princess and The Togepi/A togepi Mirage, Advanced Challenge (A two parter where Misty visits ash again and a new enemy is after her togepi...)
Gulpin it down!, Advanced Challenge (Involves candy that makes pokemon enormous sized, and it happens at parts to Jessie's Dustox, ash's treeko, and a wild gulpin)
Exploud and Clear!, Advanced Challenge (Ash's treeko evolves)
Take this House and Shuppet, Advanced Challenge (Ash's group and TR get stuck in an abondoned mansion with a shuppet that drains, and thus removes, feelings of anger from people)
A shroomish skirmish, Advanced Challenge (May's torchic evolves. Also has a small but very funny joke about how desperate Team Rocket is for food :p)
Well that's Just Swellow!, Advanced Challenge (Ash's tailow, and Jessie's dustox under the command of James, compete in a aerial pokemon ringer competition)

There's a lot more ones I love, maybe I'll tell you more later, but check these out for now! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.