• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recommendations on Xbox 360 Games/Accessories

Shadow XD001

I've had an Xbox 360 for a few months now, and I already have a couple of games. I know there's a lot already out, and more to come later this year, but I just wanted to know if you guys had any recommendations on what I should get, as well as accessories, like a headset, for example (I have one that my friend gave me, but it's eh). Also, this is the list (although it's probably not a "list" now, haha) of the games/accessories I have/know I will get

Games/Accessories I have:
Kinect Adventures
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Red Dead Redemption
Crack Down 2
Xbox 360 Controller x2, including the one it comes with
Wired Headset

Games/Accessories I will get (that aren't your recommendations):
Crack Down 2
Xbox Hard Drive (probably one of the most important things I need, since I have the 4GB Slim)
Battle Field 3
Next COD Game (has MW3 even been confirmed? I haven't seen trailers)
Turtle Beach Headset
Battle Field Bad Co. 2
Call of Duty: World at War

Games/Accessories recommended from you guys:
Crysis 2
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition

Thanks for the help, and please try not to go off topic since this is just about recommendations on the 360!

EDIT: Oh, and when you're recommending a game/accessory try to say why you're recommending it

Last edited:
I have a few games to suggest...

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

This game is EXTREMELY addictive. It's the sequal to the first one, but this one has a lot more pinatas for your garden, and you don't have to play the first one at all. It's sort of like Pokemon without the battling aspect, and rather focuses on the customization, breeding, and collecting aspects. In the game, you start off with a small amount of land space. You have to alter your garden to attract wild pinatas to your garden. Once you attract them, you have to meet their resident requirements. However, there are a lot of challenges here and there, for example, Ruffians come in your garden and destroy your buildings, sour pinatas come and spit out sour candies that make your pinatas sick along with wreaking other havoc depending on their species, Professor Pester comes in and smashes your most valuable pinata every now and then(there are ways to block him though), weeds can infest your garden and make your pinatas sick... It's pretty challenging before you reach gardener level 60. There are a bunch of different ways to landscape in your garden too. Trees, plants, ponds, bridges, fenced in areas, and with Trouble in Paradise, you have access to the sand and snow terrains, as well as being able to travel to the desert and arctic to set traps to catch pinatas, rather than just lurring in pinata.

Bishock and Bioshock 2

Man... I could go on and on about these games, but... Seriously, these games are awesome. They bring many different new aspects to FPS games with plasmids (which are elemental genetic enhancements, such as shooting electricity, fire, or ice, and you can use things such as telekineses to pick up items, dead bodies, etc. to throw at enemies), and the ability to use both plasmid and weapons at the same time in the second game, they have AMAZING story lines (The first one has a major plot twist I didn't see coming), and they're.. actually.. very very emotional. Yes, the game is very violent and disturbing at parts, but it has to be in order to leave such an impact on you. The games also feature choices that change gameplay (he second has more choices than the first) and the ending. Not to mention both of these games feature characters with very in-depth backstories that you can find on voice recordings hidden throughout the game, excellent instrumental scores, and artistically beautiful sceneries along with very original concepts. Both of these are excellent, but in order to understand some of the characters, be sure to play them in order. Plus, as an added bonus, they're both fairly cheap at most game stores (The second is about $17.95 used, and the first is a bit cheaper).

IceFox42

AP Mid
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is very addictive. There are so many things to do in it, so you can easily go over the 100 hour mark. You should be able to get it fairly cheap.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Get L.A. Noire. (I'm getting for PS3) It comes out some time next month. It's by Rockstar, so it's like GTA or Red Dead, but it's set in 1940s Los Angeles. And it's not just running around shooting peple. Ut's more like a Sandbox/Detective game. Looks pretty cool. And they're trying out this new technology that's supposed to make the graphics realer than any other game.

Shadow XD001

I personally recommended PX-11's

I couldn't find one that was PX-11, but are those the X11?

Haha, that controller's cool. Don't know if I'd want to buy it, considering hoe I have 2, and I need other things.

I heard that there all pretty good.

Do you know of any that are good, but affordable?

I have a few games to suggest...

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

This game is EXTREMELY addictive. It's the sequal to the first one, but this one has a lot more pinatas for your garden, and you don't have to play the first one at all. It's sort of like Pokemon without the battling aspect, and rather focuses on the customization, breeding, and collecting aspects. In the game, you start off with a small amount of land space. You have to alter your garden to attract wild pinatas to your garden. Once you attract them, you have to meet their resident requirements. However, there are a lot of challenges here and there, for example, Ruffians come in your garden and destroy your buildings, sour pinatas come and spit out sour candies that make your pinatas sick along with wreaking other havoc depending on their species, Professor Pester comes in and smashes your most valuable pinata every now and then(there are ways to block him though), weeds can infest your garden and make your pinatas sick... It's pretty challenging before you reach gardener level 60. There are a bunch of different ways to landscape in your garden too. Trees, plants, ponds, bridges, fenced in areas, and with Trouble in Paradise, you have access to the sand and snow terrains, as well as being able to travel to the desert and arctic to set traps to catch pinatas, rather than just lurring in pinata.

Bishock and Bioshock 2

Man... I could go on and on about these games, but... Seriously, these games are awesome. They bring many different new aspects to FPS games with plasmids (which are elemental genetic enhancements, such as shooting electricity, fire, or ice, and you can use things such as telekineses to pick up items, dead bodies, etc. to throw at enemies), and the ability to use both plasmid and weapons at the same time in the second game, they have AMAZING story lines (The first one has a major plot twist I didn't see coming), and they're.. actually.. very very emotional. Yes, the game is very violent and disturbing at parts, but it has to be in order to leave such an impact on you. The games also feature choices that change gameplay (he second has more choices than the first) and the ending. Not to mention both of these games feature characters with very in-depth backstories that you can find on voice recordings hidden throughout the game, excellent instrumental scores, and artistically beautiful sceneries along with very original concepts. Both of these are excellent, but in order to understand some of the characters, be sure to play them in order. Plus, as an added bonus, they're both fairly cheap at most game stores (The second is about $17.95 used, and the first is a bit cheaper).

I'll definitely look into those three, and possibly put it on the list! Also, is Bioshock only available used? (the first one, btw)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is very addictive. There are so many things to do in it, so you can easily go over the 100 hour mark. You should be able to get it fairly cheap.

Like I said above, I'll look into them, but is it only used? I'm kind of on the fence about buying used games, especially with consoles because of the discs, and who know what Gamestop does with them......

Get L.A. Noire. (I'm getting for PS3) It comes out some time next month. It's by Rockstar, so it's like GTA or Red Dead, but it's set in 1940s Los Angeles. And it's not just running around shooting peple. Ut's more like a Sandbox/Detective game. Looks pretty cool. And they're trying out this new technology that's supposed to make the graphics realer than any other game.
\

Seems cool! I'm Red Dead Redemption on my birthday (April 9th), and my friend let me borrow GTA IV, so that L.A. Noire seems good!

OT: Call of Duty: World at War. If you've got Black Ops, don't bother with the Modern Warfare games.

Should have added World at War to the list of games I will get, since my friend was getting it for me for birthday (having a few friends over), and the Map Pack is still in stores for World at War right?

Just a note, I'm not going to add everyone's game suggestions to the list, but I'll watch a few videos for the games that I haven't heard about. Also, my friend let me borrow GTA IV, Halo 3, and Halo Waypoint, but I'm not putting those on the list because I'm giving them back soon.

Keep those recommendations coming!

abraxas

Words.
Left 4 Dead/ L4D2.
I bring them up for several reasons. For one, they're fairly simple games, nothing too deep or complex about them, so it makes for great relaxed gaming.
Another reason, you can get both new for fairly cheap. L4D2 runs about $30, while L4D:Game of the Year edition runs at about $20.
Yet another (biased) reason: Zombies. =3

Batman: Arkham Asylum.
If you're a fan of the Batman universe, this game is great. It has a great story, handles very well, has amazing graphics, and a fun combat system, and, like L4D, you can get B:AA GOTY Edition for $20.

Mankanshoku Mako

Should have added World at War to the list of games I will get, since my friend was getting it for me for birthday (having a few friends over), and the Map Pack is still in stores for World at War right?

I don'y know about stores, but all 3 map packs were bundled into one and put on Xbox Live for 2000 Microsoft points( 400 less than buying each individualy).

Shadow XD001

Left 4 Dead/ L4D2.
I bring them up for several reasons. For one, they're fairly simple games, nothing too deep or complex about them, so it makes for great relaxed gaming.
Another reason, you can get both new for fairly cheap. L4D2 runs about $30, while L4D:Game of the Year edition runs at about $20.

Batman: Arkham Asylum.
If you're a fan of the Batman universe, this game is great. It has a great story, handles very well, has amazing graphics, and a fun combat system, and, like L4D, you can get B:AA GOTY Edition for $20.

Forgot to say in my previous post that my friend let me borrow L4D: GOTY Edition. Since I'm not having it for a longtime, should I get both at the same time, or get one at a time?

I'll look up the Batman, and see if it's worthy to be added to the list.

Quick question, for anyone actually. Is MW3 the next COD game, and is there any Zombies in it? I really like Zombies (I don't really do Player Match Zombies, so I just play with my friends), so it would be kind of weird to play a COD game without something I like.

Chris

Old Coot
Left 4 Dead/ L4D2.
NO

Another series that's better off being played on PC. No free updates on the 360, no custom maps or mods, always full of children. The 360 versions are never worth getting.