• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recommended RPGs

Moonlight.

IIRC, Earthbound only made it to Japan and the states. Even if it was released here, it would be a difficult find =/

Lebonaire

Scary.
Just because Partners in Time isn't long, it doesn't mean that it's not a good game. Superstar Saga is better, but that doesn't mean that PiT is a bad game. I enjoyed both.

Also, Kingdon Hearts: Chain of Memories is an interesting game. The battle system is in Real-Time, using cards to attack. For example, to attack with the keyblade, you would use a keyblade card which makes you attack what's in front of you. Each card has a number from 1~9 on it, and the enemy attacks have numbers as well. The higher the number, the easier it is to 'break' your opponents. For example, your enemy would atack and it would be a 5. Then, you would attack with a level 6 card. The opponent who used the lvl. 5 attack would be broken, leaking the vunerable to attacks for a couple of seconds. There are various types of attacks, such as magic, with the typical Fire, Thunder, Blizzard, Aero, Gravity, Cure cards and Friend Cards, depending on where you are, except for Donald and Goofy who stay with you throughout the game. Friend cards summon your friends who try to help in anyway they can(eg. Donald casts either Thunder, Fire , Blizzard or Cure, and Donald appears and Smashes the Enemy forward with his sheild.) Combos are when you put three of your cards togther, and you can use special abillities depending on which cards they are and what number they are. For example three Fire cards will cause Firaga or a giant power-up of the normal spell. There still many other aspects of the gameplay that I can't be stuffed to say.

But yeah, Kingdom Hearts in a Nutshell.

(Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is better though)

Last edited:

Zora

perpetually tired
He said a good, long RPG. It is good, but not long. SS is better and superior in all ways.

Lebonaire

Scary.
I know, but if he sees it for cheap, he should get it.

He should also get Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It. Rules.

There's, like, 400 hours of gameplay!

Last edited:

Zora

perpetually tired
Lebonaire said:
I know, but if he sees it for cheap, he should get it.

He should also ge Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It. Rules.

There's, like, 400 hours of gameplay!

And for a cheap price now. It is rather old, but fun.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
It's spelled Baten Kaitos... sorry.

I personally liked Sword of Mana for GBA... not many people did though.

The SNES and PSX versions of Tales of Phantasia are better. Can't stand the GBA abomination x_x Although it's the only one to leave Japan.

RPG Maker

Lost Dreamer
Moonlight. said:
IIRC, Earthbound only made it to Japan and the states. Even if it was released here, it would be a difficult find =/
I remember hearing they are releasing a compliation of the games for the DS for North America.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, thanks everyone for you advice, and I have been on e-bay hunting for these games. I hope that you will keep them coming. lol.

Also, does anyobne know anything about Tales of Tempest yet? I mean, such as a release date or something like that.

Oh, and is the GBa version of Tales of Phantasia that different?

Moonlight.

Kez said:
Well, thanks everyone for you advice, and I have been on e-bay hunting for these games. I hope that you will keep them coming. lol.

Also, does anyobne know anything about Tales of Tempest yet? I mean, such as a release date or something like that.

Oh, and is the GBa version of Tales of Phantasia that different?
Personally I see nothing wrong with the GBA version, but then again I have nothing to compare it to, seeing as I haven't played the SNES version. The only difference I know of is that the GBA version has updated sprites.

I haven't really heard much of TotT lately, but you might find something if you look through IGN. IIRC, it should be out in the States by the end of the year, but there's been no mention of a UK release. I think the Japanese have got it already too.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Tales of the Tempest ihas not yet been released in Japan. I hope that we get it here in the UK.

Has anyone heard of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I saw a copy of it in the shop the other day, but wasn't sure what it was so i left it.

Moonlight.

Kez said:
Tales of the Tempest ihas not yet been released in Japan. I hope that we get it here in the UK.

Has anyone heard of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I saw a copy of it in the shop the other day, but wasn't sure what it was so i left it.
I've played Gauntlet before, but I'm not sure about Dark Legacy. If it's anything like the one I've played, it's basically an action RPG where you go through a dungeon killing enemies. I can't exactly give you an opinion though cause I played for about 10 minutes =/

chikoo

RPG Maker said:
I remember hearing they are releasing a compliation of the games for the DS for North America.

Yeah this has been going around for a long time.
Any word on Mother 3 coming to the States?

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Lebonaire said:
Kez! Get Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! *Jumps up and down with each word*
I am currently looking for that game now. The only problem is, I am not rich. lol. Until I manage to find a job, I cannot really get that many games. lol

I am really curious about this game, and am going to keep it in mind. If i can get it for less than £10, then I will.

CharmanderTamer

I just got Fire Emblem today and I love it battling system very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (which I also like loads) so I got used to it in a few seconds so I definetly recommend this if you have'nt got it already although its still priced at £30 pounds in all the shops I have seen I ordered it from amazon and was still £30 but well worth it.