• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recommended RPGs

Rane

Really?
As may others, my favorite RPGs (for the GBA) is the Golden Sun Series and the Fire Emblem Series.

Cartridge Pokémon has never been an RPG. It's a train-well-and-win-every-battle-with-OHKO game.

Moonlight.

Kez said:
Well, I was wondering if someone could tell me more about it. I already have phantasy star online.

Oh, how long is tales of Phantasia?
I would say it's around the length of the first Golden Sun game. It's a pretty old game (considering it's a remake), so it's not that long. The game's not one of the best RPGs, to be honest, but I recommend that you try it. I liked Golden Sun more.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, I managed to get a copy of ToS off of e-bay. I was 4 seconds out of getting a copy of Baten Kaitos.

I am on the Doom Dragon boss in Golden sun, and I am starting to think that it is not possible to do. I mean, i was fighting it for about 5 hours last night, and stilol to no avail. lol

Oh, and as for Baten Kaitos, I have heard some people say not so good things about it. Is it worth getting?

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
I played this nice RPG called Robopon Sun. I'm not sure if it's real or not (I got a ROM) but it was great fun. GBC but I believe there's a GBA one too.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Right, can someone living in the UK tell me if Baten Kaitos is a rare game? I do not know if it is just my bad luck, but I can't find a copy anywhere...not even on e-bay (no, I am not paying £45 for a game)

Moonlight.

Kez said:
Right, can someone living in the UK tell me if Baten Kaitos is a rare game? I do not know if it is just my bad luck, but I can't find a copy anywhere...not even on e-bay (no, I am not paying £45 for a game)
Hmm...I don't think so. I always see it in Game, second hand AND new. Check some local game stores.

Rpgs? Ill just list everything I know as Im too lazy to see if its been mentioned.

Baten Kaitos - GC
Final Fantasy games - GC/GBA
Sword of Mana - GBA
Children of Mana is coming out for the DS in a few months *__*
Lost Magic was different yet interesting... DS
Fire Emblem series - GC/GBA
"Tales of" series - GBA/GC

Those are all pretty godly IMO.

Lord Cacho

Ragle Fragle
originally posted by Kez
I am on the Doom Dragon boss in Golden sun, and I am starting to think that it is not possible to do. I mean, i was fighting it for about 5 hours last night, and stilol to no avail. lol

What level are you in Golden Sun, because I found the Doom Dragon to be farily easy.

Kev Chi

Guardian
I'd suggest Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC. I think its a pretty underrated game but desevres more spotlight.

CharmanderTamer

Kez said:

You can normally find Baten Kaitos for about 25 pounds in Gamestation I bought it a few weeks ago and I can say it's pretty decent the battling system takes a bit of getting used to but the storyline is good and so are the graphics. I think someone else also mentioned Lost Magic and I can say it is a good game having owning the game myself the battling system is cool but the storyline is slightly cheesy and finally the Boktai series have always been some of my favourites you have to use the sun to charge your weapon on these games via the use of a solar sensor on the cartridges so I think the game is unique in that way hope this info helps.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Shining Mew said:
Rpgs? Ill just list everything I know as Im too lazy to see if its been mentioned.

Baten Kaitos - GC
Final Fantasy games - GC/GBA
Sword of Mana - GBA
Children of Mana is coming out for the DS in a few months *__*
Lost Magic was different yet interesting... DS
Fire Emblem series - GC/GBA
"Tales of" series - GBA/GC

Those are all pretty godly IMO.
So, the games you would recommend are:
Gamecube
Baiton Kaitos
Fire Emblem: Path of Radience
Tales of Symphonia

Game Boy Advance
Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Sorrows
Final Fantasy IV
Sword of Mana
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Tales of Phantasia

DS
Lost Magic
Final Fantasy III
Children of Mana

Thank you for the list, I am putting this on the first page.

Oh, and as for Baten Kaitos, I spent about 5 hours looking around games shops the other day, and none had it.

XD375

Shane
Pokémon, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior, EarthBound, Baten Kaitos.

I haven't played a Golden Sun yet.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
Me said:
Gamecube
Baiton Kaitos
Fire Emblem: Path of Radience
Tales of Symphonia

Game Boy Advance
Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV
Sword of Mana
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Tales of Phantasia
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Final Fantasy V and VI

DS
Final Fantasy III
Children of Mana

Top notch RPGs right here. Fire Emblem is a Tatics RPG. The Mana games are an....action type RPG. Though some of them are not as good as others or are not out yet where you are. Import if you can understand Japanese. I will give out no links for the sheer fact that it is advertising. And why I took out PiT....it was disappointing and that it felt incomplete. Though I highy recommend the RPGs made by Squaresoft / Square Enix...Oh and you could get Pokemon Emerald but don't expect a Final Fantasy here. Or since you have a DS, try getting some of the eariler pokemon games if you already haven't. You'll have a good time there. Or go out on the internet, get ZSNES and get somethings I will not mention here but I only recommend that if you are really bored or risky.

Last edited:

Lebonaire

Scary.
Get Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's my fave Final Fantasy Game, and it's absolutely GREAT!

It has the best quality music for a GBA game, IMO

I've played 110+ hours on it, and I haven't even finished half of all the missions! The Best part is the Battle system. It would take 5+ Paragraphs to explain it however (literally), But it rules.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Thank you every one for you recommendations, please keep them coming.

As for EarthBound, was it ever released in Europe? I thought that it looked like a really interesting game, but never saw it in the shops. I know that it was re-released for the GBA in Japan, but, alas, I cannot read Japanese Y_Y.

Are the Dragon Quest games for nintendo handhelds worth getting?

Oh, and what is the Kingdom Hearts game for the GBA like?

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
For DS, Final Fantasy III and/or Children of Mana. It depends on which you like more. I saw the screens of FFIII and it looks awesome, I'm definitely getting it. It's an "exploration" game too, so I like that. :D I look highly on the Mana series too, so I might get CoM.

But then again, looks can deceive. ;/

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Tales of Symphonia is amazing. I've never played it myself but Baten Kaitos is supposed to be a really good game as well. If you're looking for length go ToS...that thing lasts forever XD.

P.S.:

Rane- Pokemon is an RPG, and Fire Emblem is not ^^.

Last edited: