• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recording your 3DS

I am currently putting together a competitive pokemon team, and would like to know the easiest way to record the screen, if there is a way. Thank you for the help!:)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I am currently putting together a competitive pokemon team, and would like to know the easiest way to record the screen, if there is a way. Thank you for the help!:)

Well Capture Card is always the best way, but they can be up to £700, which I doubt you have to spend. Maybe just making a few test videos? I used to have my 3DS on some books on my desk, with my camera right up close to get the entire screen and as little background as possible, and got the perfect height just by putting books on until it suited best. Just experiment a little bit.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Officially, only getting hold of a Press 3DS system, or owning a possibly owning a Dev system. These are more way expensive than retail 3DSes, and you may need to go through a verification process as one will need to contact Nintendo Directly.

Unofficially, You'll need to own a modified retail 3DS that will output to a PC. This is one such kit: http://3dscapture.com/

Alternately you can place a webcam facing the screen and letting that record the screen. Quality, can be a bit patchy.

Trevenant

Banned
I wouldn't trust the 3DS capture card. Aside from being insanely overpriced, the site is very shady and the owner is laughably immature whenever I'd had to deal with him. Doesn't help that the quality is REALLY bad for a 245$ (at cheapest) capture card.

Also I don't really trust a site (aside from the generally poor, thrown-together and shady look) that shows its software... on Windows XP.

A camera is probably your best bet but it's very awkward to play anything that's not a turn-based RPG when the 3DS has to be held still/laying on the ground.