• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recovering Saves

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
"The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage."

so says my emerald. 444 hours of work, many triple-flawless or otherwise awesome pokemon.

is there any way to restore/fix it without starting a new game? i'm not opposed to buying a hacking device for this, since it's not to cheat for something new, it's only to get back what's mine. if it's possible in any way, i'd like to know how.

... please?

i was playing it this afternoon, breeding smeargles, and when i went to save, it went to a picture of professor birch's bag and said something to the effect of saving not having worked, and soft-resetted itself. just before the "continue/new game" screen, it shows the quote at the top of this post, and doesn't have the option to continue.

it's a standard copy of emerald, see-through green, which i bought at target brand new, i've never used a cheating device on it, nor ever traded with a cartridge that has.

anyone who can shed light on why this might have happened, or how to fix it, please speak up.

Dark_Danger

Hehe...You know...
i dont know...but on my gold i had a long time of play...dont know how much...dont think it was 444 hours...but anyway, after a while i decided to turn it on and it deleted itself. it was real and all. it mighta just got damaged a lot.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
o_O Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that. Sorry, but I never heard that an erased file can be recovered...looks like your file has lost forever.
I wonder what causes that?

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
at least if it is possible at all. DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!! very important. cause errased date isn't really erased. it has been put into free space, but the data is still there. only if you do anything it overwrites it. i haven't got the faintest idea how to recover it though. but DON'T DO ANYTHING!! untill you either know how to or don't care anymore.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Your file cant be recovered. Ive looked around for ya and Im sorry but I cant find anything that can bring it back. God that must really suck (states obvious a lot)

deosys

Blaze Trainer
My Ruby has the same problem. I think the berry glitch has something to do with this

[IMG200]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k183/Trainercards_2006/Trainer%20Cards/Trainercard03.png[/IMG200]
Thanx to Aggro for this awesome trainer card

Last edited:

Acheront

o_o 444 hours eh? Coincidental :eek:

Well... try calling Nintendo or something. If that doesn't work, then I guess you'll need to start again then.

Did you drop your game or something? Left it in a very hot place? :<

Oh, and the Berry Glitch doesn't exist in Emerald.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
exact time was 444:34, as it happens.

no exceptionally hot places, except insofar as all of south florida qualifies. but my sapphire's been living here for 3 years and 1000+ hours of play time, and there've been no problems with it yet.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
what's nintendo's e-mail address?

or rather, what's the email address i should send this complaint/question to? i'm sure they have all kinds of divisions..

Rabid_Latias

Got Latias?
i dont know...but on my gold i had a long time of play...dont know how much...dont think it was 444 hours...but anyway, after a while i decided to turn it on and it deleted itself. it was real and all. it mighta just got damaged a lot.

Your Gold Versions internal battery died. Thats my guess.

Anyways, Nintendo official website should have something on what to do, who to contact, etc. I think. Im not sure.

Good luck on getting your game recovered.

Metagross

WhiteWizard42 Have you cloned any Pokemon,cloning could have caused your data to get erased.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!

I'm gonna get you...
WhiteWizard42 Have you cloned any Pokemon,cloning could have caused your data to get erased.

I've cloned alot of Pokemon, and my data has not been messed up yet. Cloning is safe, just "glitchy" in some aspects. Anyway, try emailing Nintendo.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
it wasn't anything to do with cloning. when i went to save, it said something about the internal battery having died and that while the game could still be played, i could no longer save.

since that's not what usually happens when the internal battery dies, it kinda makes me wonder what's really up.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
it wasn't wet, it wasn't dusty. it worked the previous time i had tried to turn it on, just an hour before. it had been in my pocket, with the game plugged into it, ever since then. no dust could have gotten in, and i didn't dunk it in the sink or run through the rain.