• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recruitment Rate Much Lower?

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
In PMD2, I feel like I have to spend many, MANY days in a dungeon to recuitment just a basic pokemon like Poliwag. I recuited Anorith, Lileep, and Shellos easily, but it took me a while to recuit a Poliwag, and I've yet to recruit Barboach, Geodude, or Doduo!
Does anyone else think this?

Last edited:

MMM_AJ

Obsessed Mewtwo Fan
I agree, I've spent 7 whole days now grinding in Amp plains trying to get a Shinx with no luck. I'd go to the stairs, A+B to pass time until a Shinx appeared, KO it and repeat until the 'something is stirring' message came up. I think I've KO'd about 400 of them now like this and not a single one has offered to join me. :(

Dapuff

it is lower than the last game, but at least you can recruit most any pokemon recruited a t-tar first time i went through quicksand cave :)

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
I don't think this at all.

I must be incredibly lucky in this game. =o_O=

Recruiting isn't instant when I play, but it's not very rare for me. It seems like every other Pokemon I defeat wants to join me.

=^_^=

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
I think it is pretty hard. I didn't recruit anyone until the 6th mission. Then after that I "leveled" up to 100 and now basically everyone I battle wants to join. But if I didn't "level" up, I think I would only have 3 members instead of ~30.

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
3 geodudes wanted to join me in the same dungeon try; i accepted only one... for me pokes are easier to recruit; after i got the ability to recruit, i got after the 2nd kill a friend(lotad), witch i called Lucky
i tend to rename my friends, but keeping the 1st letter... sometimes more... it's funny to rename paras pakistan lol

Kawazu Hime

I have been through SO many dungeons, I have a super rank and...I can barely recruit anything! I can't even get a poliwag...Though, I did get a dratini...I'm not really sure how that one works out...

Akerin

Ready for a vacation
Maybe it has something to do with your aura, or something... The first time I played my aura came up as red (It switches between red and silver, for me, but I've never gotten any other colors. I don't know how they do it!) and recruiting Pokemon was super easy. But now, the second time playing through, my aura is silver, and recruitment is really difficult.

*shrugs* Some people say recruiting is easier, and some say it's harder than in PMD. I think it's the same, personally.

NinjaBaker

Well i think the recruitment rate is just a little higher in this game. Ive recruited some really good pokemon, my second recruit was a butterfree:club:

Shuam

righteous
It's a lot harder, but that's why they have all those items to improve the recruit rate.

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Well for me it`s, as usual, if I want a specific pokemon it`s near impossible, but if I don`t care I get a ton.
Example: I really wanted a Trapinch. Took me a few hours mainly cuz none would show up. After I get one, 3 more come outta nowhere and want to join.

Or Riolu, I got a female first run through their respective dungeon, but I wanted a Male(for name purposes) I left and came back at least a dozen times before a male one wanted to join.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
Although the rate seems much lower, at least the evolutions can be recruited. I just got a Garchomp. :|

Taruta the Blue Mage

Newtypes represent!
I think they toned it down but for some reason whenever I go through Crystal Crossing I can get every pokemon to recruit me, except for Froslass, and that makes me mad.

wammy

I don't think this at all.

I must be incredibly lucky in this game. =o_O=

Recruiting isn't instant when I play, but it's not very rare for me. It seems like every other Pokemon I defeat wants to join me.

=^_^=
that seems liek my situation.

cept for darkrai... he is a pain in the !@$#...

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
The recruitment rates are quite low for me.
HOWEVER, I do get a lot of missions where evolved Pokemon wanted to join me.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Meh, my recruitment rate is horrid. I've tried so hard to get even common Pokemon to join my team. I don't even remember how many runs through Mt. Bristle it took in order for a Machop to offer to join my team.... Of course, it may have something to do with my rank. I'm currently at Silver rank... :mad:

mewfanforlife

I don't have too much trouble recruiting unless I want a specific Pokemon. Then I can recruit pretty much every Pokemon in the dungeon minus that one.

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
I wasted so much time grinding through Amp Plains trying to get a Plusle and Minun to join me. >.> Plusle recruited after only a few tries, but it took a ton of grinding along the first five floors, not moving on until I got "something is stirring" messages, managing to recruit every other thing that appeared on those certain floors, before I FINALLY got a damn Minun who wanted to be a part of my team. ^^; And even when I'm not hunting a specific Pokémon, I don't get recruit offers all that often - at least there are the options of recruits after missions, and Eggs, to make up for all that :)

Rakurai

I wasted so much time grinding through Amp Plains trying to get a Plusle and Minun to join me. >.>

The same thing happened to me, only I was trying to get an Electrike. I went from level 18 to 29 after trying to recruit one for about two hours straight.

Fortunately, when I did get one, I unintentionally ended up getting a second one a minute later (Which I was planning on doing in the future).