• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Recurring Characters, etc. – Discussion

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I wanna see a little more about Will, though those who know me will only expect that out of me. Nobody remembers him even from the GSC days because he didn't do much except be all DURR I BATTLE YOU NAO K

i wanna see a little more detail about who he is. He's an elite, he's supposed to be important demmit :C

I agree on this one. He should at least appear somewhere (much like Flint in DPPt). There should also be at least references about him from various NPCs. The same thing goes to Karen.

megaman12

Not Happy
I wanna see a little more about Will, though those who know me will only expect that out of me. Nobody remembers him even from the GSC days because he didn't do much except be all DURR I BATTLE YOU NAO K

i wanna see a little more detail about who he is. He's an elite, he's supposed to be important demmit :C

We also need to know about karen.She was the first dark type elite four and she was just battled you.Hopefully,all johto E4 might have do something.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I hope so D: As cool as it is, I don't wanna be the only one who pays attention to Will :<

i swear if they just throw him in again I'll be like EUURGHHH. maybe he could be bffs with Morty and Eusine. Morty needs someone around who isn't violently histrionic (sup eusine) so he doesn't burn down the Tin Tower with his pot or something.

Or like someone suggested, Will could be in the Pokemon Tower. :0 Communicating with spirits or some other hippie crap like that because that would be AWESOME.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Or like someone suggested, Will could be in the Pokemon Tower. :0 Communicating with spirits or some other hippie crap like that because that would be AWESOME.

You mean Soul House?

Anyway, I just want Will and Karen to receive back stories (either pre- or post-E4) and/or perhaps do a sidequest with them like Lorelei in FRLG.

megaman12

Not Happy
I hope so D: As cool as it is, I don't wanna be the only one who pays attention to Will :<

i swear if they just throw him in again I'll be like EUURGHHH. maybe he could be bffs with Morty and Eusine. Morty needs someone around who isn't violently histrionic (sup eusine) so he doesn't burn down the Tin Tower with his pot or something.

Don't you mean the soul house?Besides Will,there are some E4 that dont get any reference or no story to them.These would be karen,sidney phobe,glacia drake,Aaron Bertha and Lucian.Maybe phobe could be in the soul house,glacia in ice path and I already gave speculation on the rest.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
....sdlkhfdsklfksd yeah that thing. D8 I forgot it changed in GSC. Oops.

But yes. Hell, even if he showed up like Lance does to fight Team Rocket, and you could team up with him or something idk.

he just needs more attention. Karen too, but she's a chick so she's got at least a few people who think she's hot. :x

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
But yes. Hell, even if he showed up like Lance does to fight Team Rocket, and you could team up with him or something idk.

he just needs more attention. Karen too, but she's a chick so she's got at least a few people who think she's hot. :x

I totally agree.
I would always like to see Lance join you for double battles against Team Rocket.
Since they are Elite 4 members, I would like to know more about Will and Karen.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I'd like to see Gym leaders sometimes making appearence later in the game. Like Wake in Stark Mountain and Maylene in Snowpoint.

Fade To Black

A Metallicat
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Blue and Red. More of blue squabbling about red. silent red was perfect in GSC.

I'd like to see Gym leaders sometimes making appearence later in the game. Like Wake in Stark Mountain and Maylene in Snowpoint.

I'd like to see the Gym Leaders outside the Gym more, I wouldn't mind seeing Blaine at Cinnarbar, to check on the Pokemon centre or something, or saying something along the lines of "Hey, kid, you here to challenge the Gym Leader or sumthin'? Don't worry he's on Seafoam Island, and how do I know, cause I am him!" then he just walks off.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
duldun and Lucario 1914, please do your conversation somewhere else.
You know what to expect. ^___~

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would also like to see the Gym Leaders doing more. As Arceus said, have Blaine on Cinnabar and say all that stuff. Maybe Chuck could go to Pokethlon? He seems like that type of guy, IMO. I also want some backstories for Will and Karen. Can't think of anything they might have, but they definitely need them.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Do you guys think that you will get to battle Kotome and Hakiri
If so what pokemon do you think they'll have
I personally think that you'll battle them twice once pre-national and one post-national

Kotome Pre-national somewhere near Goldenrod possibly National park
Eevee lvl 22
Vulpix lvl 23
Gloom lvl 23
Azumarill lvl 25

Hakiri Pre-National
Eevee lvl 22
Wooper lvl 23
Tangela lvl 23
Arcanine lvl 25

Kotome Post-National Mabye Lavander Town
Espeon lvl 56
Cherrim lvl 57
Ninetales lvl 57
Azumarill lvl 58

Hakiri Post National dex
Umbreon lvl 56
Tangrowth lvl 57
Sharpedo lvl 57
Arcanine lvl 58

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
  • Eusine - I hope they expand the story beyond Suicune. Entei and Raikou should also get some focus too. I want more back story on him. We met up with him a few time, a battle. That was it, really. Making if like a "rival" when it comes to capturing the Legendary Beast. I think it'd be cool if there was three set spots where you meet the beast, Eusine would show up and you'd battle. The winner gets to battle the beast in that area.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that Eusine plays a MUCH bigger role and that the whole plot involving Suicune is GREATLY expanded. And I think that they should make Eusine have a connection to Morty, and make Morty a recurring character as well. This could be one step to having an actual plot here.

• Other Playable Character - Well, Brendan/May/Lucas/Dawn sucked. They felt- No, they were pointless. They had lame Pokemon. They didn't even seem to mention Gyms really or have any sort of goal. So, I hope this game is different. First off, he/she should have the Pokemon that you and your rival didn't get from Elm. You battle them twice in Johto, once when their starter is at it's first level. Again when it's at it's second level. After that, no more battles. Then, when your actual rival, "Silver" goes MIA when you reach Kanto, that's when your rivalry with them could truly kick in.

I hope there's like 2 characters like Wally that you see a lot in the game but they're somehow involved in the plot (hard to say exactly what when you don't even know if there's gonna be a plot)c

• "Silver" - It's heavily hinted that he's Giovanni’s son. Well, after Johto, when you reach Kanto, I think his appearances should be focused around his search for his father. Throughout Kanto, in between running into “Silver,” you hear things from different people. Rumors about where he ended up. Eventually, you and “Silver” find out where he is: Navel Rock. Navel Rock is still usable with or without the Sevii Islands being present. You travel to Naval Rock with “Silver;” where at the summit, “Silver” and Giovanni are reunited, but before they are reunited, you and Giovanni have a battle. You and Silver split up, you go to the top half (where Ho-oh was located in FR/LG) and he goes to the bottom (where Lugia was located in FR/LG) So, you meet Giovanni first at before you can explain why you're there, a battle erupts. After the battle, “Silver” rushes up. There’s some dialogue, and you leave. Now, you can battle Giovanni at the top of Navel Rock, and “Silver” at the bottom.

I'm hoping Silver's going to be like stealing stuff left and right and you get involved with the police or he gets in trouble with Team Rocket and you get involved in like that whole side plot, but if he is Giovanni's son then you could use that as a whole different plot and expand it. Like, you don't know he's Giovanni's son, he gets in trouble with Team Rocket, you save him, then find out that he's been stealing stuff and then you get in trouble with Team Rocket, and stuff like that. That could be fun.

• Lorelei - One of the two Kanto Elite 4 members not in G/S/C. I think it was a waste to not feature her at all, or not even mention her. I hope HG/SS makes-up for that. If the Sevii Islands do make it in the game, I'd like to see her on Floe Island, possibly in Icefall Cave. Preferably, with the option to battle her. Afterward, she'd be found in her house.

I'd love it if she came and made appearances and had something to do plot-wise. I'd also like to see Whitney come and stuff, and have something with her Miltank in MooMoo farms and MooMoo farms gets expanded into a very tiny subplot (kind of like getting the medicine in Cianwood).

• Agatha - The other Kanto Elite 4 member not in G/S/C. A battle would be nice, but I want to learn about her connection with Bertha.

Oh, that would be interesting. To have Agatha and Bertha and then they get involved somehow in the story. There are so many possibilities to use for the game to make it interesting and to redeem Johto, but I doubt any of it will be used unfortunately.

I wonder if the Fame Checker will return, it would be nice if it did, and if trainers phoned you and told you stuff that can be added to it would be nice. I'd love it to return, I was like how Green described me, a Big Gossip. :D

Soul Silver95

Yeah new vamped up version of the fame checker would be cool, but as the days to hg ss release are approaching i think that they maight have shown some info on it but who knows! :)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
True, but it really isn't a new feature, so they might not have thought it was worth not showing.

I agree. The Fame Checker need not to be introduced since it is not that special of an item. But it's good for tracking down character references even though you get nothing for completing it.

Well, if they manage to put it in HGSS, they should better give us a reward for completing it.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
I agree. The Fame Checker need not to be introduced since it is not that special of an item. But it's good for tracking down character references even though you get nothing for completing it.

Well, if they manage to put it in HGSS, they should better give us a reward for completing it.

maybe access to a 2nd masterball? or something almost as great.