• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Soooo, I didn't get Mew. They ran out of codes and Nintendo is not giving them if you call them either, since they ran out too.
Any other options i could get Mew somehow? GTS trading is off the table apparently and if i read this thread right, the Pokemon that you caught on Red, Blue and Yellow VC releases, won't be able to be traded to XY/ORAS. (I was planning on using the Mew glitch, i did it on the original games).

So what other options do i have? (My dream of finally completing a Pokedex for the first time is getting away)

BCVM22

You have no other option than to ask someone here nicely if they'll send you a code or a Mew. There's no guarantee the Virtual Console Mew event will go international and it is confined to those games completely even if it does.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So I preordered the Blue version 2DS from Nintendo, it arrived today, and of course the game is already installed on there. So my journey has begun, I'm going to play through with my original team, its going to be difficult because I remember not wanting to evolve my pokemon and having a Bulbasaur, Sandshrew and Rattata on my team.
Unfortunately my original team had a Growlithe in it, which I got from my brothers Red edition, which means I can't get that member until Saturday when I download Yellow and trade from there. DANG!

I was hoping for Wifi trades but its not available, which I know was obvious but part of me had hope.

Furthermore, the console comes installed 3 version of Pokemon Blue, two in different languages so essentially its like having 3 different save files, so I'm planning to do a Nuzlocke on one.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Only a few days left. I'm thinking about starting Red with Bulbasaur and Blue with Squirtle. Yellow can let you have all three starters, but out of all of them, I'm thinking about being like Ash and training Charmander the most.

I'm getting Blue for now and then Yellow. I know this might have been mentioned here but does anyone know if the glitches will still be there? Part of my hype has to do with the glitches, obviously!!

BCVM22

We don't know. Probably, because they don't seem to have been inclined to change anything aside from linked play.

Why would glitches be part of anyone's "hype" for a video game?

Tekki

For one, the glitches are confirmed to be in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKQcAffX8o

Its also been posted that Mew can be caught using the trainer glitch too. And for two, I think thats why everyone is excited to see the original glitches in the game. With no announcement about a NA version of Mew on the way for Gen 1, competitionist can rest assure that Mew can be caught.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For one, the glitches are confirmed to be in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKQcAffX8o

Its also been posted that Mew can be caught using the trainer glitch too. And for two, I think thats why everyone is excited to see the original glitches in the game. With no announcement about a NA version of Mew on the way for Gen 1, competitionist can rest assure that Mew can be caught.

Because completing a game using a glitch (essentially cheating) is definitely something to be proud of. Sorry, but I just can't agree with the culture that has grown around these glitches.

BCVM22

With no announcement about a NA version of Mew on the way for Gen 1, competitionist can rest assure that Mew can be caught.

If you only completed it because of an error in the code, did you really complete it, though?

Pokemon Power

So, as they announced, you can't bring Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon to X, Y, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire, but using Pokemon Bank, you can send them to the new Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon!!! Any thoughts?

Rootbeer

So, as they announced, you can't bring Red, Blue and Yellow Pokemon to X, Y, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire, but using Pokemon Bank, you can send them to the new Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon!!! Any thoughts?

Ecstatic! 6 minutes well-spent.

Tekki

If you only completed it because of an error in the code, did you really complete it, though?

In my mind, ya. There was only one super, extremely rare, event to get mew and it was practically impossible for my 10 year old self to get it. So a combination of events to get a rare Pokemon as a 10 year old wasn't an error of code in my mind, I had no clue how coding works. Instead I felt it was a legitimate way the game Gave you mew.

Along the same vein of the final dungeon in the game boy Zelda. Follow strict instructions, complete the real ending. Again, to a 10 year old it felt like it was part of the game. The difference I know now is that the Zelda one was actually part of the game and the mew was taking advantage of the game.

Even now though, they have not said there is a way for na players to get mew in the gen 1 version. So I feel like I'm back to ground zero 20 years later. My wife and I are going to start game, trade cycle until we have the three starters, and trade the exclusives when we get them. We are completionist. The only way we will get mew is the series of events glitch and we will feel fine about it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Sigh...now the Pokemon market is going to flood with hacked Mew. I really do hope Bank has a way of telling real and fake Mew apart.

Tekki

But now that you aren't ten and do have a better idea of how coding works, you still feel that way?

Ya, and probably more so then 20 years ago. This time around there is literally no way of getting him other then file injection or glitch.

So I have a question... Do you think they will render yellow version with shinies? It does say it has enhanced color, right? jk lol. Also, will the mew glitch in yellow still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.