• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagi

*sigh* nevermind :(

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Darn, I missed posting the 400th post!! Anyways, I have an announcement, I'm going to be keeping this thread up until the end of March, so everyone can discuss their playthroughs. On April Fools Day, and this is no joke, I'm going to ask someone to close this thread for me. It's been a good wait, now let's return to Kanto.

Rootbeer

So yeah had red for hours now and I can confirm they altered the dude who teaches you how to catch pokemon, (they removed that part completely) which if I remember correctly was instrumental in the mew glitch. I also dunno how to get my mons on to bank, already tried using bank and the program doesn't seem to recognise the VC games so I dunno.

12 hours ago this news would distress me but now that we're getting Bank compatibility it makes sense. Thanks for the heads up!

Bananarama

The light is coming
So yeah had red for hours now and I can confirm they altered the dude who teaches you how to catch pokemon, (they removed that part completely) which if I remember correctly was instrumental in the mew glitch.

That's a surprise, I thought these games would be 100% unaltered. At least the glitches are apparently taken care of, if this one truly is.

Tagi

I'd like to point out I was wrong, that was how you did the missingno glitch not mew glitch. The mew glitch was the trainer-fly glitch....but I bet that's fixed too tbh.

I'm waiting for the youtube videos from poketubers testing out all the glitches. Hopefully they find nothing. I personally was going to get all the mews, but now these games can connect to bank, yeah. I hope these things are disabled.

Last edited:
So yeah had red for hours now and I can confirm they altered the dude who teaches you how to catch pokemon, (they removed that part completely) which if I remember correctly was instrumental in the mew glitch. I also dunno how to get my mons on to bank, already tried using bank and the program doesn't seem to recognise the VC games so I dunno.

Ummmm... He just taught me how to catch pokemon???

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter

Tagi

Oh for real? He certainly did not teach me. You're not on yellow version are you?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Just downloaded Blue, Red and Yellow here in the UK! (Shame you cannot trade between the games with one 3DS... or can you?) Feeling a little bit emotional and nostalgic! Blue was my first in 1999, so I will be playing that first.

So lucky. My first was red christmas of 1998. Can't wait ^^

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter

Tagi

Nope. English Blue. He asked if I was busy, then caught a Weedle.

Well i dunno then he deff did not ask me. Perhaps because i didn't talk to him first before getting balls/the package? I don't remember if that makes a difference or not. In which case I'm worried again for mass cheated mews in the bank.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
The games are available in North America now.
Currently downloading Blue. ;)

And now I've got all three downloaded! I'm starting with Blue right now.

Last edited:

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
So it doesn't look like the US releases got a Mew serial code. A little sad, but I did get a Gamestop one this month, so it's alright

I had honestly forgotten just how prevalent crits were in first gen. Fast nidoran and a fast mankey in my team are getting a good 2+ crits each battle (if the first doesn't kill the opponent). I decided to get yellow, but blue was technically my first ever pokemon game. Still so amazingly nostalgic!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Being able to play Pokemon Blue for the first time since my physical copy glitched up all the way back in '99 is a sending me on one hell of a nostalgia trip.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So, the trading thing. Can you only trade over Wi-Fi with friends or something?

Being able to play Pokemon Blue for the first time since my physical copy glitched up all the way back in '99 is a sending me on one hell of a nostalgia trip.

I know right? I feel the same way with Yellow since mine glitched around then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.