• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Since VC allows save states, I wonder if the primary save function works this time for RBY. I'm thinking both methods will work, but save states allow players to do something in the games that couldn't be done in the Game Boy.

Anti Spiral

I hope there will be a Mew Event along side this.

I'm not too bothered by the games, I played them on release and have played them numerous times since, including installing them on my phone.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Since VC allows save states, I wonder if the primary save function works this time for RBY. I'm thinking both methods will work, but save states allow players to do something in the games that couldn't be done in the Game Boy.
I would assume regular saving would still be allowed. Save states are only temporary after all.

I guess we could expect Miiverse communities for the games when they are released, which would be great. Wouldn't be surprised if we won't be able to post pictures to Miiverse from within the games though, just like the other main series games. By the way, Game Boy games usually cost about $3 or $4 on the 3DS VC, right? I'd expect RGBY to cost a little more than that.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
By the way, Game Boy games usually cost about $3 or $4 on the 3DS VC, right? I'd expect RGBY to cost a little more than that.

I have a feeling that these games may be slightly more expensive as well, especially considering how much effort might have been put into allowing these games to communicate with each other. I don't exactly remember the problem they stated about not having main series games on the VC, but I think it had something to do with their communication, was it?

Blazing Charmander

Oh my gosh, I've got to try to do a 30 Tauros challenge. I can't move on until I catch 30 Tauros in one round of the Safari Zone. That would be insanely impossible.

I'd imagine it would be virtually impossible in these games since the player can't turn on the spot to cause encounters like in later games, so each move you make will add to the step limit. Good luck if you try it though, haha! ;)

Torpoleon

I have a feeling that these games may be slightly more expensive as well, especially considering how much effort might have been put into allowing these games to communicate with each other. I don't exactly remember the problem they stated about not having main series games on the VC, but I think it had something to do with their communication, was it?
Yeah, they made the VC releases have wireless communication. Of course with all this extra working being put in, it makes sense for the VC releases to cost more than normal. EarthBound on Wii U VC costs more than the average SNES game and I don't know if there was any extra work put into that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Save states are only temporary after all.

From my experience from playing a VC game (it was other than a GB game), it could store a save state, even if it was closed.

Torpoleon

From my experience from playing a VC game (it was other than a GB game), it could store a save state, even if it was closed.
Yeah, you're right. I forgot how save states work because it's been a while since I played a VC game.

In other news, Amazon is listing the games with a price of $10. I know that might seem like a lot for these games, but I'd be fine with a price like that (maybe you'll even get a special discount for getting two of the games or all three).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope there will be a Mew Event along side this..

I would assume that there would be a way to get one somehow since I'm sure Mew's data will be in the games. Tbh I'd rather get a Mew event for the Gen 6 games instead of for R/G/B/Y on the VC though. :p

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In other news, Amazon is listing the games with a price of $10. I know that might seem like a lot for these games, but I'd be fine with a price like that (maybe you'll even get a special discount for getting two of the games or all three).

How does Amazon have a listing for a game that's only sold on the E-Shop?

Regardless, if that is the case, it makes me a little sad. I'd be willing to pay $10 for one game, but not two like I was hoping.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably buckle and buy Red and Yellow anyways.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

BCVM22

What's the point in that?

Among other things?

- It allows you to purchase eShop software without having to add your credit card to your eShop account
- It allows you to do that without having to go to a store and purchase a prepaid eShop card
- It allows you to use Amazon credit to purchase eShop software

You get the idea.

Anti Spiral

I would assume that there would be a way to get one somehow since I'm sure Mew's data will be in the games. Tbh I'd rather get a Mew event for the Gen 6 games instead of for R/G/B/Y on the VC though. :p

Yes that was kind of what I meant! I'd hope (expect) it to be an event for X/Y/OR/AS.

Hmmm...if $10 really is the final price just for the download, I'll be a little disappointed, since Japan is getting a bunch of cool extras (that I'd love to have) for $11-12. I've never used an Amazon download code before, but is it typically the exact same price as directly downloading stuff from the eShop?

I'll still download at least one version...probably two...but it's a tad higher than I was expecting based on the Japanese bundle pricing.

Last edited:

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Thought I'd come back briefly to tell everyone how excited I am about this! I'll getting Blue and Yellow because Blue was my very first pokemon game and I love Pikachu so Yellow is a must! I would prefer if they left atleast the Mew glitch alone, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they patch it. It wasn't supposed to be there of course. I have a legit Mew anyway so I won't be too down if it is patched but still having Mew on a gen 1 game would be nice.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I don't really care if they get rid of the glitches although my brother showed me how to do the missingno glitch and I did that several times. I always just got mew from the game genie. Not sure how you will be able to get mew if they don't keep it in though =/

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A really big advantage of the VC Version over the originals is that you didn't have to constantly (like once every two days) change the batteries for the Game Boy (Color/Advance). And another advantage is not having to have a big chunk of cartridge sticking out of the Game Pak slot in the case of using a GBA (SP/Micro).

Status
Not open for further replies.