• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Of course, my 3DS picks this month to die of all times. I hope the VC version has a fast-forward feature. I forgot how the Gen 1 and 2 games were slow af. I wonder if they'll keep the RBG and Y learnsets separate or merge them for this port.

Seems like the slowness will remain sadly tho I expect the old glitches to be fixed at least which would please me. ^^

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'm kind of torn on the glitches. On one hand, if they keep the glitches, then you will be able to play the game just as it was back when it was first released. On the other hand, if they fix all of the glitches, it will be playable the way it was intended to be played. I'm not such which I would like more, to be completely honest.

NettFox

I'm kind of torn on the glitches. On one hand, if they keep the glitches, then you will be able to play the game just as it was back when it was first released. On the other hand, if they fix all of the glitches, it will be playable the way it was intended to be played. I'm not such which I would like more, to be completely honest.

Only glitch I want is the Mew capture glitch for all the poor last second buyers who miss the event. The Celebi glitch on the other hand should be removed since its game breaking and all. Though if they were to make an in game event exclusive to a GSC 3DS VC release that would be an excellent updated alteration.

I think they are likely to ruin it, Pokemon has changed so significantly since I was a child, like Yu-gi-oh and I don't feel it will have the same appeal that Yellow did when I first got my original copy. I don't think I want to play it if Fairy/Steel/Dark are going to be part of it as well as in my opinion, those 3 pokemon types are horribly designed and almost as bad as Dragon in how broken their stats are. I prefer the original when those Pokemon types never existed.

BCVM22

I don't feel it will have the same appeal that Yellow did when I first got my original copy.

That has far more to do with you than it does with any of the games.

I don't think I want to play it if Fairy/Steel/Dark are going to be part of it as well as in my opinion, those 3 pokemon types are horribly designed.

That's not really the case, but as you're discussing largely unaltered re-releases of the original Generation I titles, what's the concern, exactly?

That they are going to ruin it by putting in the "new" pokemon types. I am hoping it doesn't get the "Alpha Sapphire" treatment.

BCVM22

Again, these aren't remakes. They're nearly straight ports, as every possible resource has made clear repeatedly, with the only confirmed change being the replacement of link cable play (now impossible, obviously) with local wireless play. It would be nice if they cleaned up some of the larger glitches too, but that's neither here nor there. Not that there was anything wrong with Alpha Sapphire.

It seems like you're more focused on continuously trying to shout at the cloud that is "types added since Generation I" than anything else.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Only glitch I want is the Mew capture glitch for all the poor last second buyers who miss the event. The Celebi glitch on the other hand should be removed since its game breaking and all. Though if they were to make an in game event exclusive to a GSC 3DS VC release that would be an excellent updated alteration.

It really should be all or nothing on the glitch fixes. Personally, I would never consider using any of these glitches, and I just don't see the appeal. I don't understand the fascination with things like Misingno. or the Mew glitch.

Tsunami16

Seems like the slowness will remain sadly tho I expect the old glitches to be fixed at least which would please me. ^^

Ugh. Now that the running shoes and fast-forward on emulators have spoiled me, that casual stroll all the way to Vermillion will be tough to handle.

It really should be all or nothing on the glitch fixes. Personally, I would never consider using any of these glitches, and I just don't see the appeal. I don't understand the fascination with things like Misingno. or the Mew glitch.

Can't speak for others, but Mew was supposed to be inaccessible in the games themselves. Finding a way to catch a pokemon that wasn't supposed to be in the game was a huge deal at the time, especially considering how it was built up as the original Pokémon and played a role in the first movie. Now that people have ways of getting Mew legit and the series introduced Pokémon gods, Mew's novelty wore off. At the time, people were like "holy ****, you actually got Mew? How!?" Now, people are like "Mew, eh? That's cool."

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Same here to me the glitches weren't that great cuz they kind of ruined my Blue version back in gen 1 but I guess it was my own fault for trying them ha ha. I expect the VC Blue to be glitch-free any ways. ^^

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yes, the Virtual Console release will be worldwide.

Also I really doubt something; what language would it be in in South Korea because I've heard that Pokémon RBY didn't get officially released there?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Is there any way to preorder the console bundles online for shipping to the US?

I've been wondering this myself (except for Europe)

I mean, it would be real nice to have them! But as of yet, it doesn't look like we will get them >.< :(

Keeping my hopes up tho!

Cutty

Forever now
I remember I always had to use Pikachu in my team, cuz well yanno, Pikachu. And the joy on getting rare pokemon in Safari Zone.
Think I'm getting Blue and Yellow.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I've managed to pre-order a green 2DS with everything bundled onto it. So happy. I doubt I will get any of the others.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Any word of a surfing Pikachu distribution? I want to play that surfing mini game again!

I haven't seen any word on Surfing Pikachu yet, but I wouldn't give up hope. I just can't wait to finally get a Surfing Pikachu, if they actually distribute it. I've never played the mini game, but I'd really like to on the 3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.