• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
So I have a question... Do you think they will render yellow version with shinies? It does say it has enhanced color, right? jk lol. Also, will the mew glitch in yellow still work?

For now I don't think so. I mean shinies didn't come into play for another generation :3.

Again, have to wait for the glitch. However Mew was recently given out and has a code download for RBGY? Why glitch it?

Raichu111092

Agh! Almost had it!
Do we know if the Japanese versions of the game will be able to communicate with foreign copies of Red/Blue/Yellow? I ask because I have a Japanese 3DS as well as an NA one, and if I could trade between them, that'd be cool.

Tekki

So I have a question... Do you think they will render yellow version with shinies? It does say it has enhanced color, right? jk lol. Also, will the mew glitch in yellow still work?

Yes, it was just confirmed by someone over on reddit. I tried to link the picture but forums won't let me

Last edited:
For now I don't think so. I mean shinies didn't come into play for another generation :3.

Again, have to wait for the glitch. However Mew was recently given out and has a code download for RBGY? Why glitch it?

I know but If they're "enhancing color" and allowing 1st gen to transfer all the way to 6th/7th gen then why not render them shiny? ya know? plus, 2nd gen is bound to hit the eshop soon which I'm sure will transfer up as well. it would be so easy to render shinies for yellow. anyway, as long as we get the mew distribution then who cares about the glitch.

BCVM22

Because Shiny Pokémon didn't debut until Generation II. There's no such thing as a Shiny Pokémon in Red, Blue or Yellow.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
I know the game comes out tomorrow, but at what time? Is it going to be at 12am?

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Eastern time zone

willis7928

Dragon Tamer
So now that we know these games work with pokemon bank, do we know how pokemon are coded? Are their IV's and EV's still calculated in the traditional 1st Gen way or is it the modern system? What about shinies? Can you get them in game, can they become shiny once transferred to bank? Pretty excited for these games!

BCVM22

So now that we know these games work with pokemon bank, do we know how pokemon are coded? Are their IV's and EV's still calculated in the traditional 1st Gen way or is it the modern system? What about shinies? Can you get them in game, can they become shiny once transferred to bank? Pretty excited for these games!

Expect to know none of this until we actually have Sun and Moon in hand, save for the part about Shiny Pokémon, which didn't exist in Generation I and would be somewhat lacking as an implementation (which they wouldn't do anyway) when two of the three games in that generation are in complete monochrome and the third is only marginally more colorful.

willis7928

Dragon Tamer
Expect to know none of this until we actually have Sun and Moon in hand, save for the part about Shiny Pokémon, which didn't exist in Generation I and would be somewhat lacking as an implementation (which they wouldn't do anyway) when two of the three games in that generation are in complete monochrome and the third is only marginally more colorful.
You can't transfer these pokemon to XY/ORAS through bank?

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Could this possibly mean that Missingno. could be canon? Or are Troll Freak so cruel as to stop transfer of him over?

BCVM22

Missingno was never canon, is not and never will be. The "TrollFreak!" business is so overplayed at this point and if we're going to try and propagate it further because yes, they're going to stop you from sending ahead a bundle of glitched data, then I give up.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Just downloaded Blue, Red and Yellow here in the UK! (Shame you cannot trade between the games with one 3DS... or can you?) Feeling a little bit emotional and nostalgic! Blue was my first in 1999, so I will be playing that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.