• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red & Blue vs. F.R & L.G

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
The nostalgic music of R/B/Y beats most of the Kanto remixes, but the G/S/C remixes and the legendary themes are epic. The glitches in the original were fun but FR/LG has shinies and 4th gen compatibility. It's even for me.

Shiny Rokon

FRLG is much better than the original RBY. Sure it doesn't have nostalgia which RBY had but thats because pokemon exists now.

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
the originals are better FR and LG weren't even remakes they were just in same region

What? They had the same plot, albeit with a few more features such as the Sevii Islands, but still basically the same.

But I do agree with you, I think RB was better. The only new things FRLG really brought were improved graphics, a few fancy features such as natures, an advanced EV system, etc., and a couple new places and people, all of which I could live without. RB had to really work to make a good game, which just gives it that charm.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Meh, Id Say I liked the Original Red and Blue better, RF and LG had nice improvements, but i still prefer the originals.

2G+PN

2nd GEN+ PokéNazi
yes red ad blue felt better. i as bored in leaf green and fire red! but i loved the exictement of red and blue!;000;
Is that Missingno lol?!

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I liked FR/LG better even tho I started with R/B/Y. I liked the improved graphics, access to 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon, and the ability to travel to the Sevii Islands. But R/B/Y will always remain in my memories and heart.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I seem to be one of the only ones saying this, but I hated FR/LG. I'd easily grab my Yellow version over the FR.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I seem to be one of the only ones saying this, but I hated FR/LG. I'd easily grab my Yellow version over the FR.

What didn't you like about FR/LG? They seemed like more upgraded, polished, and extensive versions of the originals to me.

Zazie

So 1991
They did very well in my opinion. It was nice to be able play the original games in color finally.

You could always play the Red and Blue in color. All you needed was a super gameboy. The western release of Yellow was a type 2 gameboy cartridge(the same type of cartridge as Gold and Silver) meaning it played in color on the GBC.

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
TBH, I absolutely hated the 1st gen graphics, so that's already one point for FRLG. I also liked the addition of the Sevii Islands, and that you had something to do after beating the E4, so that's two. Lastly, it was good to be able to have Johto and Hoenn Pokemon come to Kanto, so that's three. So all in all, I found the remakes considerably better than the originals.

AlCario

Banned
The remakes are better than the originals, they improved upon the first gen games in all aspects. I do like the simplicity of the first gen games, however.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
the originals are better FR and LG weren't even remakes they were just in same region

That's the whole point to a remake: it's an older game that has better graphics and more features.

I like FR/LG more. The Pokemon sprites and translation were improved and they even had the new mechanics that Ruby/Sapphire had, like natures and not having to manually switch boxes every time the current one fills up (I hated finding rare Pokemon only to not be able to catch them because the current box is full).

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
I think they did well as remakes, they kept a lot of the feel the same, and then added on(which was kind of needed by that point) with new areas.
It stayed true to the old games while also surpassing it with it's new areas, pokemon and 3rd gen. features.

Status
Not open for further replies.