• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red Genesis (sign-ups)

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
Now that college is settling down, I'd like to post this as an apology to those of you I was roleplaying with before my mysterious disappearance. >: Sorry guys. Here's a plot to make up for it (sorta). =D

Red Genesis
the phoenix will rise pure from smog and blood

Pokémon. Marvelous creatures that roamed the wilds, filled every habitat available to them, and generally made the world a lively place. They were mankind’s coworkers, pets, friends, enemies, and food. But most of all, they were our partners in battle, in crime, and in life. They possessed power that humans could not: mystical abilities to harness the elements, or the minds of others. It is a great irony, and a great tragedy, that mankind would be the ones to end the existence of these marvelous and mysterious beings…

Industry has spread greatly over the past few centuries, closing in on wilderness habitats. This did not destroy Pokémon, of course, but forced them to adapt or be kept by humans, which was rarely an issue. There was prosperity and peace for humankind, despite the pollution of the cities and the slow decline of the “adventurer’s lifestyle”. And until a century ago, things were relatively good.

That’s when things got out of hand. A biological agent of some sort was released into the atmosphere, quickly spreading on wind currents around the world, over all the lands. This agent demolished the Pokémon population of the world, leaving corpses everywhere. The death of all species was only prevented by two things: human technology and nature’s prowess. Pokémon lived on inside Pokeballs and the PC Storage System, and in the wild in the most secluded and harsh environments, where storms or wind tunnels, or even thin air prevented the encroaching disease. But they could no longer roam the plains, the forests… they could only live in labs, and battle in sterilized domes. Some people kept them inside their homes, which remained sterile as well, but this practice soon died out.

Why is it that this agent destroyed Pokémon, but left humankind untouched? The answer is unclear, but the accepted theory is that mankind created the agent, and therefore, it was engineered not to affect them. One way or another, pollution has since destroyed most plant life, and industry has spread further and further (though not into those harsh, protected environments, where they cannot go). Small towns have grown rarer and rarer, with big cities filling most of the lands.

It is a dark day, and nature grows more and more upset… the earth does not produce crop, and it seems that this is for more reason than just the pollution. There are earthquakes and thunderstorms, poisonous hurricanes and acid rain… disasters grow more and more frequent as they increase in magnitude.

At the highest point of Sinnoh, the peak of Mt. Coronet, the agent is scarce, and Pokémon survive on. It is for this reason that Arceus, creator of Pokémon and humankind alike, resides here, and does not leave. He watches on with sadness in his eyes, wondering why it has come to this. His closest children, the legendary Pokémon, are dying off steadily… And so he decides to start over again.

The massive number of Pokémon deaths lead to a huge influx of souls at Mt. Pyre, where Pokémon souls go to rest. And yet there was no way for them to be laid to rest… the souls of legendary Pokémon, not meant to die, especially cannot rest. With this in mind, Arceus put his plan in motion. He influenced the souls of the departed to reincarnate as humans, so that they might survive on. As the years passed, no one could have possibly known that anything was different about these children, born of souls not at all human…

However, contact with Pokémon, or others with the souls of Pokémon, causes these people to change. The changes seem only skin-deep; literally, their skin tone changes in certain areas, and eye color grows strange. Oddly enough, most of the transformations look more like the changed are wearing odd clothing than that their bodies are truly transforming, at least at first. Their hair grows into different shapes or colors or lengths, and after some time they start to change more drastically, changing the shape of their appendages or growing new ones entirely. It takes time for these changes to begin, much more for them to become noticeable.

There is one change which occurs rapidly and is impossible to miss, though… after hearing a Pokémon speak, in other words having heard the natural language spoken in any sort of quantity, these people soon become unable to distinguish the difference between the two languages, creating a social barrier between them and humans. This seems to be Arceus’s way of separating the species so that these people, the “Jinka” (a shortening of an ancient term for Humanized), must grow apart from human society and become a race in their own right.

The steady disappearance of humans young and old alike has created a startling situation for the race of mankind, as they do not often see the transformed Jinka. Only recently has their presence been discovered, though it is not known to the public. The researchers who study Pokémon and the government officials of the world are the only ones who know that such a thing has been spotted. But the Jinka know that they are on their own, and they live in the wilds, often with the remaining Pokémon of the world… a rare few are gifted with the ability to distinguish between their natural language and that of humans, and so they may choose to remain around humanity a little while longer. One way or another, they will inherit Arceus’s new world…

And so, this is the world you live in. You may not have changed yet, but the seed was planted the moment you were born. You likely cannot escape your fate, but will you try regardless? Do you wish to save humanity from the wrath of God, or will you leave them to their fate as you resign yourself to yours? Are you tempted by the wilds, the power of this ancient race you are becoming, or are you afraid of yourself and the world which calls to you? Can you bring yourself to destroy humanity as they destroyed Pokémon?

Now that you are one of them, what will you do?

---​

So, here you are, a normal person born into a world on the verge of apocalypse. However, you were born with a soul that was not ever human, but belonged to a Pokémon. This is why you may have always felt drawn to them, whether in study or in battle; or maybe you were always deathly afraid of them for some reason. Your contact with the other race was always limited, but by some twist of fate, you have had further contact with other pre-Jinka or true Pokémon or (more rarely, perhaps) a Jinka, which catalyzed your transformation. You may be at any state in your change, but you might want to start small (between 1 and 3).

This is a relatively freeform story, but of course, there will be an overarching metaplot. You will participate in it to some extent, but you can choose what that extent is, exactly. I’m also going to provide mission-style miniplots and side plots, though you should try to provide those as well - that makes it much more fun for everyone (plus it makes your character feel more included)! I’m not going to be insanely strict on content due to the unlimited number of spots I have, but do try your best; I do not like half-baked ideas and shoddy work.

We’re all grown-ups here. This RPG is not rated (translation: should probably be rated PG-15 or R), which doesn’t mean be stupid, but it does mean feel free to use your creativity in whatever direction it may take you. Language is allowable as is in-character; nudity that isn’t described intimately is fine. “Fade to black” censorship of sexual activity is also allowable, but don’t describe more than is necessary. We’re dealing with real-life people. Sometimes they do things that aren’t exactly kid-friendly. Just use your head and censor wisely.

Now, you can play a character who is becoming a legendary, but be forewarned: you will be intrinsically roped into the metaplot. Additionally, you must start the game at an extremely low level of transformation, which I will explain shortly (i.e. I’d like you to be between stages 1 and 2). You will also be held to a somewhat higher standard than someone playing a mundane Pokémon. If you’re alright with all of that, then go for it by all means.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE JINKA. I can’t stress this enough. Unless you’re a fairly changed character who’s been living in the wilds for quite some time, you will not know what they are, and you certainly won’t know how they come to be or the fact that Arceus is even related to this matter. In fact, you probably don’t think that legendary Pokémon have any significance other than being rare; i.e. they are not in any way forces of nature, though by my schematics they are. This sort of pantheism is rather frowned upon in today’s highly scientific society. You’d have to have been in the wild for years to understand the full extent of the situation here.

Also, humans don't know about them at all. Most people haven't seen a Pokemon before, or haven't seen one in a very long time at least. Very few people will be able to accept what is happening around them, or to them. The state of mind of humanity is just like that.

Important information: I will allow fifth-generation Pokémon! But for now, if you intend to play one, then be very careful. The games are coming out soon enough where you can get the data you need by the time that the story gets rolling, so just play a low-level Jinka and be smart.

Now then, let’s explain levels of change. You can be as changed or unchanged as you like, though I’d prefer you start small. I’m going to use a scale of five to describe the levels, with 1 being barely touched and 5 being the complete transformation into a Jinka. Feel free to use decimals to describe accurate points in the Becoming. That’s probably better for you.

Stages of Becoming:
1 – At level 1, you might be speaking a little bit of the natural language, but you don’t really look different. Maybe a few localized spots of skin discoloration, or a change in eye color, or hair growing into an interesting fashion.
2 – At level 2, you probably have some difficulty communicating with human beings, and changes are starting to happen. These look something more like clothing (called the Dress or Shell) than like real changes to your anatomy, though it makes it a bit hard to wear normal clothes.
3 – At level 3, you can’t communicate with humans anymore. Your Dress isn’t the only feature of your Becoming; you may have the beginnings of new appendages (including different ears) or limbs, and your eyes, hair, and skin are changing in their own ways. Additionally, you can now pick up Pokémon moves in weak form.
4 – At level 4, your Dress has begun to fuse to your body, rather than looking strictly like clothing. You have a very exotic and inhuman look and might have some full appendages. You can use Pokémon moves with some amount of efficiency.
5 – At level 5, your Dress is non-existent; your body now fully resembles the Pokémon you are becoming, standing in a completely anthropomorphic position. You have full appendages, claws, fur, scales—whatever might belong on your form. You still have a human-shaped face and form, but the rest of you is far from it. This is the final stage of transformation due to the limitations of the human body. You can, however, use Pokémon moves just like the real thing, though it may not come to you quite so naturally.

Some weird terminology for well-changed Jinka:
Dress (or Shell): The Dress, called the Shell by some (particularly males), is the phenomenon of transformations that look like clothing, which occur in the earlier stages of Becoming.
Becoming: A colloquialism for the process of changing into a Jinka.
False Dress: Some older Jinka call normal clothing a False Dress, particularly if it imitates their Dress. Some Jinka just feel uncomfortable being mostly nude, so they wear a False Dress.
Natural Language: The language of Pokémon is called the natural language; the language of humans is usually referred to as just that.
Linguist: A Jinka who can differentiate between the natural language and human tongue, thereby speaking both, is called a Linguist. They are extremely rare and sometimes looked down upon. However, I can take two Linguists, but they will be held to extremely high standards. Playing a Linguist kind of ruins part of the experience for you, which is why I’m not allowing many at all.
Evolution: Jinka don’t evolve like Pokémon, per say. They may never evolve, or take a long time to do so, or they could evolve quickly. Others start off as evolved Pokémon. Some evolve suddenly, like Pokémon, while others gradually grow into their evolved forms. The methods of evolution among Jinka are inconsistent.

And yes, I know the word is “gijinka”. The "misspelling" is fully intentional I assure you.

Sign-Up Form: (please bold your headings)
Name: (Simple enough, right?)

Species: (the species of Pokémon you are Becoming)
Stage: (the stage of your Becoming, from 1 to 5 using decimals as necessary, though you should stay on the lower end)

Description: (be thorough, but don't bore me with detail either.)

Personality: (ditto for description. Try to analyze your character’s reaction to the situation and their encroaching change.)

History: (send me any questions you might have about this. Shouldn’t be hard.)

Moves: (if you are stage 3, you can have two moves, preferably weaker ones. If you are stage 4, you can have five moves of normal strength. If you are stage 5, you can have ten moves of varying strengths, but no more than two extremely strong moves. Learning moves is not easy. If you haven’t had much contact with the wild itself, then you won’t really know anything interesting. Scratch, Tackle, etc. do not count against you, as those are perfectly normal abilities to have.)
Ability: (you can develop an Ability at stage 4. If you’re not there yet, leave this field blank for now.)
Other: (whatever information might be especially relevant here, such as special talents, fears, etc.)

If you feel like you absolutely must reserve, or you want to play a legendary, then do so. But reservations are neither required nor recommended for those of you playing mundane Jinka.

For a quick clarification of policy: Accepted means you are absolutely in, good job. Pending means you're accepted, but there is some sort of minor issue you need to fix first. You have three chances to make changes under Pending status. Denied means you are free to try again, but you need major overhauling or a lot of edits to your character in order to do so. You have three chances to get from a Denied status to either Accepted or Pending (from which you have three more chances to fix up your minor issues to get to Accepted). I think this is fair enough. So, to avoid confusion, there's my policy plain and simple.

Any questions, comments, complaints, quips, or qualms should be sent to me, preferably in PM form. I'm old-fashioned so I'm not a big fan of VMs, and posting in this thread would quickly fill it with unnecessary questions. If your question is not character-specific and I feel like everyone needs to know the answer, then I will post it here myself.

I'm not going to kill you if you post questions or anything, but c'mon, let's keep the thread tidy, shall we? Don't be afraid to directly ask whatever questions may come to you! I swear I'm really nice when I want to be! :>

Sorry for the repost. I was having server issues. Since I doubt I can edit this post, I’ll be posting the current player roster in each new post, so keep an eye on my posting!

Without further ado, let the sign-ups begin!

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
After trying to post unsuccessfully in the thread that was deleted, (probably my fastest reserve attempt ever), I'm here to place a Reserve for Darkrai and Articuno if that's alright.

Should have the sign-ups in before too long.

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
That was amazingly fast. xD Reserved.

Reservations:
Articuno - TheSequelReturns
Darkrai - TheSequelReturns
Giratina - me

greywolf123

I would like to reserve a lugia linguist, before someone else takes it!

Sir Forgets-A-Lot

The Forever Amnesiac
If you wouldnt mind, could you reserve me Dialga?

This looks like a really fun rpg. Nice job Cdra!

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
My my, I hope not EVERYONE decides to play a legendary in this thing. I know I asked for reserves for them which might be part of the reason I'm getting so many... still, it'll be no fun if everybody's a legend and we have no mundanes. :>

The overwhelming "good jobs" are nice though. Hahaha.

Reserved for all.

Reservations:
Lugia (Linguist) - greywolf123
Dialga - Sir Forgets-A-Lot
Regigigas - FallenSanity
Giratina - me

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
HEY. (inserts self as a mundane).

Yeah, I know you said reserves for Mundane Pokemon aren't necessary, but where's the fun in that? I have classes all day today until 6 (this is my only tiny break) so I will probably start on my sign-up around oh... 10-ish? Maybe tomorrow (I have no class, save for a flute lesson).

But anyways, I'd like to reserve for a Vulpix Jinka. :)

Out of curiosity, how far would one have to go to get to "the wild"? Since everything is you know, cities. Since I feel as though my character (whom I will be thinking about all through World Oceans at eleven, trust me) would take off the minute she realized that she was... not so human anymore.

Last edited:

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
HASDFQ MUSICAL MAYHEM I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES HOW'S LIFE

*cough*. The wild isn't actually that far from each city because there are very few "small town" areas to speak of. It's basically big cities connected by highways, some long and some short (and there are trains and planes of course). To get to fertile wilds, though, you might have to go several miles, depending on where exactly your home city is located.

Reserved, however unnecessary that statement is. :>

FallenSanity: Post them here, customarily. I'm crazy, but not that crazy haha. PMs just for character-specific questions/comments and such.

Reservations:
Regigigas - FallenSanity
Giratina - moi
A Vulpix - Musical Mayhem

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: Finished sooner than I thought. I've had these two characters floating around in my head for a while, so the sign-ups just sort of flew by.

Also, as just a general inquiry, are we allowed to make reoccurring NPCs as we go along? I had another idea for a character, but I really don't think I can handle more than two full-timers. Don't worry though, they won't be a legendary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Poe Shadel

Species: Darkrai

Stage: 2.0

Description: Poe is a bit tall and thin, having not much in the way of a noticeable build or tan. His hair is a bit long for a guy (going by the average), but not usually so. His hair is a dark black and it tends to stay a bit messy as he doesn't style it. A large lock of his bangs above his right eye has become pure white not to long ago, creating an interesting contrast with the rest of his dark hair. His eyes are a bright blue (naturally so) and they are the only part of his face that lends him any part of a cheerful look. Even his smile somehow manages to look a bit less than happy.

His clothing is usually just something simple, be it a t-shirt, jeans, a long-sleeve shirt, whatever. Since the appearance of his "Dress" though, he has nearly stopped caring altogether what he wears, seeing as how most if it will go unseen anyway. His Dress (not really befitting the term Shell at this point) is something akin to a cloak. It is dark black, midnight-black, and reflects no light at all. It appears to rest on his shoulders like a normal cloak, but is actually attached to his shoulders in that area. Like a real cloak, it covers most of his upper body and ends around knee-level in a tattered edge that looks torn, but not really damaged, rather like one of those clothes that are tattered for style. Thankfully though, the cloak like Dress still has no feeling. To finish off his outfit are a pair of skater shoes (he doesn't skate, they're just comfortable).

Personality: Poe is a bit of an distant person, not because he's shy or anything, he just doesn't relate well to other people. That's not for lack of trying though, he just thinks a bit differently than most and so can come across as a bit unemotional or cold at times or a bit silly or random at others. Though he may not look it, he is generally a fairly cheerful, even lighthearted individual, but the vibe he tends to give of is very nearly the opposite.

Though he often jokes about it, he really does have a bit of a scatter brain, and can often forget even obvious things. This almost always applies to objects or dates though, he is actually very attentive during a conversation and is fairly skilled at reading people. He will rarely forget someone, no matter how brief their encounter, and has a really good memory for other people, remembering the key points of almost every conversation.

Conversely, he often misplaces things and tends to be a bit unorganized. He likes to deal with things as they come, but he will rarely plan anything, preferring to just play everything by ear and hope for the best. He can also get lost in thought if left to himself, and has a tendency to zone out if the current conversation stops.

His adjustment to the changes has been a difficult time for him. Of course, like most, he went through the initial panic phase, and since then has done his best to try and work through the changes, trying not to let them affect him. Recently though, things are starting to get harder for him. He is plagued by frequent nightmares, and rarely rests soundly at night. In addition, he has noticed that he can sometimes not make out what others are saying, and on occasion will say something strange himself without realizing it. He's beginning to worry that he's starting to lose his mind.

History: Poe was a quiet child most of the time, but despite that he wasn't an introvert. Rather he had a habit of not speaking unless spoken too, but would still tag along with other kids silently. Unless he was with other kids though, he usually spent most of his time indoors, and would often stay up late. He had a habit of sketching things, and over time that habit became a hobby, and that hobby became his work.

Throughout school, he would often take commissions, drawing requests from others, often for a small price, and would constantly doodle during class, and strangely he had a knack for drawing pokemon, even those he had never seen. It was during his later high school years that he got a request from a freshman girl named Aria. Though he knew her for what was essentially a day and spent under an hour actually near her, that little meeting would end up changing his life. He didn't realize it, but the two of them were the same in a way he couldn't have imagined, they merely had to meet to start the process.

Since that time, Poe has moved on to working as a full time artist. The work is demanding and time consuming, but he enjoys it. It also serves to take his mind off of the strange changes that he is undergoing...

Moves: None yet...

Ability: None yet...

Other: Poe is a talented artist, and can sketch nearly anything from a still-life to a pokemon battle scene. He is also starting to get a bit apprehensive of bright sunlight, ans has started to have nightmares involving falling, which to his dismay is starting to make him apprehensive of heights as well.

Name: Aria White

Species: Articuno

Stage: 1.2

Description: Aria is about average height, and has a fairly light build more inclined for running than anything else (considering her only form of exercise is walking). She has fair skin (getting a bit more fair recently...) and her hair goes down to around her mid-back. However, not only has her hair been growing strangely fast lately, but it also happens to have changed from her natural light brown into a shade of vibrant blue overnight. Not only that, but her hair used to be a bit frizzy, now its starting to get silky and straight. Her eyes are green, thankfully her natural color, and she tends to look relaxed most of the time, at least until someone mentions her changing hair.

As for clothing, she generally wears something light, never a sweater or coat or anything. Usually a t-shirt of some kind and a thin white fleece jacket. She likes bright colors, so most of her shirts tend to be something bright and cheerful, like yellow, blue, green, or pink. To complete her outfit are a pair of jeans though on occasion she'll wear a knee-length skirt if its warm enough. If she happens to be wearing a skirt, then she'll probably also be wearing a pair of tan sandals. Otherwise, she wears a simple pair of running shoes.

Personality: Aria is a bit of a busybody. She is always trying to get something done of find something or meet someone and as a result is generally never in one place for too long. However, she doesn't rush. Rather she takes everything at her own pace, which is probably why she always needs to do something as her own pace isn't all that quick.

Though she may be a bit slow to get things done, she is actually pretty diligent and always tries to stay organized and on top of things. She rarely misses an appointment, and is almost never late to a meeting. In addition, she will always take the time to do something to the best of her ability, though since she tends to work slowly, this sort of limits what she can get done in a day. Rushing through things is simply a foreign concept to her, she would rather take things as they come and not get stressed about every little thing.

Of course, her limited work schedule also limits the nature of her work. Once she plans something, she has a hard time changing those plans and if plans change on her, she can get confused easily. She will also allot enough time to finish something before starting, and so she can often find herself putting off something big in favor of smaller things, only to turn around and disappear for a few days to get that big thing done at the last minute. In addition, she is good at remembering names, but is terrible with faces. If someone she hasn't seen in a while approaches her, she will generally have no idea who they are until they tell her.

For someone who likes to plan everything out, it should probably come as no surprise that her recent changes are having a pretty drastic effect on her. Having gotten past the initial panic phase, she is now at the "maybe it'll go away if I just ignore it" phase, and will generally try to rationalize it or make excuses for others without really giving them much thought, though the mention of them can send her into a brief panic if she doesn't have an excuse prepared.

History: Aria had a fairly standard childhood on all accounts. Friends, school, chores, the works. Though she couldn't really explain it, she had always had a fascination with those rare creatures called "pokemon". She was the only one she knew of who would actually spend hours on the internet looking up old stock footage of battles, contests, whatever she could find so long as it had live pokemon in it. Of course she had her favorites, but since she was the only one in her group of friends who had this interest, she never really talked to anyone about it, treating it more like a guilty pleasure than anything else.

Time came and went, and before she knew it she was entering high school. Not too long after she started, she heard rumor of a talented senior artist who could draw pretty much anything. Naturally, there was only one thing she wanted a nice sketch of, a Butterfree, one of the pokemon that she had taken a real liking too.

This artist turned out to be a slightly shady looking guy named Poe, and upon hearing her request smiled a bit and told her that he would do it for free. She didn't really understand why at the time, and it wasn't until much later that she realized that he might share her same interest in pokemon, but by the time she had had the thought and built up the courage to ask him, he had already graduated and moved on.

Little did she know that their chance meeting would have a drastic impact on both of their lives, as these recent changes show...

Moves: None yet...

Other: Aria has a knack for unintentionally interrupting things. She herself isn't sure why, but others tell her that she tends to come around at really awkward moments.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I'm interested, just curious, will evolution be possible for Jinka like for instance, Musical Mayhem's character. Would he be able to evolve after a certain stage with the firestone? I'm guessing probably not, but I need that clarified. But I do plan on reserving and start one a sign-up. Probably one of the eevee evolutions, just don't know which one yet.

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
TheSequelReturns: You can have recurring NPCs, but I'll get to control them somewhat. They're actually a good thing for the sake of freeforming about. I agree though, that two main characters is probably enough, hahaha. Both are Accepted. Oh, what punny names...

Poe: I love how he's very Darkrai without being overt about the matter. You have the concept of the Dress down perfectly, here, which is awesome. All fields leave just enough wiggle room for the imagination while still painting a solid picture. Somehow, I smile a little when I realize that Personality is your longest section. The history is cleverly wrought; I like the drawing Pokemon bit especially. Though one thing: Jinka can understand humans fairly clearly, it's the converse that isn't true. Though I suppose it'd be natural to get a little confused when the languages are getting muddled in your head, too. I'm not worried about it.

Aria: Aria is a simpler matter, being at stage 1.2. Her personality is very clean-cut, and I definitely see the freaked out thing going on with her hair changing colors. Maybe she thinks a friend died it, hahaha. I am curious as to why she is at such a lower stage from Poe, but it makes enough sense. He probably had further contact with pre-Jinka after they met. All in all, good character, solid concept, and I can't wait to see what kind of horrible things become of her. >D

Slipomatic: Yes, in theory, evolution by stone is perfectly possible for later-stage Jinka, though unlikely for early-stage Jinka. It would be extremely rare, however, for them to undergo the gradual evolution that some Jinka do; it would be sudden, like a Pokemon (unless they were carrying the stone over an extended period of time without it touching their skin, particularly in a low-stage case). Of course, the real challenge here isn't the evolution itself, but finding a firestone...

Sorry, that's a complicated explanation. Yes, it is possible. It is difficult, though. Evolutionary stones are extremely rare nowadays... maybe you could get one in a museum or a volcano. :>

Most anything you can conjure up is possible. Probability is another matter.

Players:
Poe Shadel - Darkrai - TheSequelReturns
Aria White - Articuno - TheSequelReturns

Reservations:
Regigigas - FallenSanity
Giratina - moi
A Vulpix - Musical Mayhem
An Eeveelution - Slipomatic​

Last edited:

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
DONE! Life is good, trust me, just busy like mad! (Insert naiive copy-cat character here!) This came out a lot shorter than I wanted it to..... grrr.

Name: Caitlin Watson

Species: Vulpix
Stage: 1.5

Description:
Katie is extremely tall and thin. Her body is straight as a stick, not a single curve in sight. Her breast area is a bit undeveloped as of yet, which adds to the awkwardness of her changing (in more ways than just puberty) body. Her body is noticeably a warm tan, since she is an athlete and therefore spends a lot of time in the sun. A few patches of her skin are starting to get an orangish tint in the tan, almost like a fake tan. These are mostly on her arms, so Kate has started progressively wearing longer sleeved outfits. Kate is usually seen traipsing around in a baggy long sleeved tee or a sweatshirt over a pair of well worn comfy jeans or shorts depending on the season.

Kate’s once straight blonde hair has recently changed to a pinkish-red color, and has begun tumbling down her back in big, thick curls. Her bangs have become poofy and well curled as well. They hang down into her eyes, which were once a light blue. They have been slowly darkening, and are now a deep navy blue. Kate estimates that they’re on their way to being black.

Personality:
Kate is a slightly troubled individual. She is still young, and so she still has that middle school like longing to fit in. She will trail along with anyone whom she thinks is a good role model (which to Kate is pretty much anyone) and chatter incessantly about anything she believes that they’ll find interesting. At this stage of adoration, most of Kate’s role-models push her away, not wanting to deal with her talk. But if they let her stay around longer, Kate will begin to pick up certain phrases that they use, or little mannerisms.

When it comes down to it, Kate is simply insecure. She is a brilliant field hockey player (they play on AstroTurf, since I’m assuming most natural fields and open spaces have been polluted away), but she often underestimates herself and tends to mess up due to lack of confidence. She has very few real friends, and none of them really know the real her. The one that’s friendly and sweet and just wants to fit in.

Kate is also very naive and trustworthy. Despite being ignored by her mother, Kate believes that with any amount of effort, she can befriend anyone. She believes that no one out there is willing to harm her, a sweet little high school freshman. Trust comes easily to Kate, naturally. However, since her changes have begun, she has become reluctant to trust people. Especially since they begin to think that she's weird for occasionally spitting out a word in some other language by accident...

However, in light of her recent changes, Kate believes that it’s probably a good thing that she’s not very close to anyone. Kate has realized that her body is changing, and not just in those natural ways anymore. Kate plans to run away as soon as her body changes more, but she’s trying to hold out her barely existent reputation as long as she can. Kate has become withdrawn and quiet, especially when it comes to the "did you change your hair/did you get contacts?" questions.

History:
Kate had a fairly decent childhood. Her mother spent most of her time studying these old videos of these fascinating creatures called “Pokemon.” Kate was intrigued, but as soon as she enrolled in school, she realized that Pokemon were “uncool” or some people just didn’t know what they were, so she gave up on trying to keep that as a common ground. However, her mother ignored Kate most of the time, thrusting her into sports as a temporary babysitting service.

Kate played field hockey, and watched as only her father attended her games. If her mother attended games, it was simply to “survey the environment” or “examine the Astro-turf” or whatever. Kate had stopped caring what her mother thought a long time ago.

However at a game not too long ago, Kate ran into a mysterious old man at the concession stand. He’d commented in broken english on how pretty she looked, and she’d simply thanked him and taken the free hot dog he’d given her. Her mother ushered her away, continuing to throw fervent glances over her shoulder at the man. Kate didn’t think anything of it at the time, but then the changes started...

Moves: None yet....
Other: Kate hates being called “Katie”. It’s what her mommy calls her.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Yay for being accepted. Those two have been bugging me to use them in something.

cdra1617 said:
Oh, what punny names...

But that's half the fun xD

I think the name should match the character, and if that means a name that can give a few laughs, then that's even better.

Anyway, glad you like the characters, and I think you might like the NPC I have in mind, or at least I hope you will.

ShinyJirachi

Cubone Kid
Edit - I don't think this rpg is for me, sorry :S

Last edited:

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
Musical Mayhem: Looks like you're a little rusty, but not unacceptable. :> The only thing that's a little sub-par is your description, and that's forgivable because well, it's description. The character is solid, a bit amusing even (AstroTurf, good call) - everything about her is realistic and works perfectly into the world she's grown up in and gone to school in. And so, Accepted! *throws confetti*

TheSequelReturns: You should PM me about that. x3 I agree that names should match the character, though mine usually don't... *coughXiphiascough*

ShinyJirachi: Denied. This signup is far too short, and doesn't even work into the skematics of the plot. If by some crazy miracle he met and was raised by an Altaria, he would have been far past stage 2 by the time she left him, and knowing that, she might not have left him at all. The Becoming doesn't wait around for the right time or something crazy like that; it happens as soon as contact with a Pokemon, pre-Jinka, or Jinka is made. He would not have been very human when the old couple picked him up, and so, he wouldn't have started changing so late.

Additionally, this is too short. There isn't near enough detail or information, particularly to your personality and description sections. I'm really only asking for two good paragraphs of description, but a lot more personality (4 small paragraphs at least, 3 solid ones would be better). History, I've never been picky about length, but I would like to see it longer as well. There's got to be more to it than that. Talk about how he felt about the matter, maybe.

Also, I love this little contradiction: the Altaria cared for him because she thought he was a Swablu, but she knew he was human so she left him alone. Sigh. One way or another, there are too many contradictions with the plot, and the quality is far below what I can feel comfortable accepting. As such, Denied. Remember, you have three chances to fix that.

Side note: Sir Forgets-A-Lot has reserved Jirachi for a second character.

Players:
Caitlin "Kate" Watson - Vulpix - Musical Mayhem

Reservations:
Regigigas - FallenSanity
Jirachi - Sir Forgets-A-Lot
Giratina - moi
An Eeveelution - Slipomatic​

Last edited:

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Name: Sidus Regis

Species: Regigigas, Colossal Pokemon

Stage: 1.3

Description: Sidus stand a clean five-foot-nine, his long legs compensating for his rather small torso, albeit not drastically small. Sidus’ eyes were once a rich shade of brilliant sky blue, but now, after the changes, have become a much darker blue, which seems to have affected his eyesight. Sidus’ hair flows down from his cranium, parting stylishly before stopping at his shoulder blades. His hair was once boisterous and thick, but is now much thinner, and instead of a charcoal black is more of a honey dew brown, for whatever reason. He weighs 162lbs, which could be considered overweight for his age and height, but Sidus really couldn’t care less.

His Dress has not yet come into fruition, and so instead Sidus is still able to wear the norm of human clothing, b for whatever reason he is drawn to certain clothes. Sidus wears a white leather jacket, which is parted at the front, the pockets lined with black, with a plain black shirt underneath. He also wears slightly tight black pants, and grass green sneakers, finished off with a cap of similar color. His clothes are an uncommon mix, but for some reason he feels like its what he needs to be wearing.

Personality: When he lived back in his hometown, Sidus was a care free, fun loving bloke, who would chug a keg of beer just as easily as he would go swimming afterwards. He was commonly found out late at night, either causing a ruckus or simply stumbling around stupidly. He never really paid much attention to the stories of pokemon or what the world was like before, instead thinking of what it was going to be like in the future. This was how he saw it for a long time. That is, until he started to… change.

After the changes to his body, and his linguistic capabilities, his mentality and attitude began changing with him; no longer as fun loving as he once was, Sidus seemed to recognize what was happening more than he once did. Sidus also seems to be thinking without speaking a little more than he once did, which would be never. When it comes to other people, he seems to treat them how he sees they deserve to be treated, which is vastly different from his old way of simply acting nice till they get in a brawl.

History: Sidus lived a peaceful life when he was young, making friends with his primary school mates, learning how to read, write, and basic life skills. After a few years, his family moved to a new town, claiming Sidus was hanging with bad children, which was odd to Sidus, who was only twelve at the time. When the arrived in the new town, Sidus met new friends, discovered new places, and finally learnt what it was like in a big city, having been raised in a ‘small-big city’.

At the age of thirteen, he started to go off with friends for longer periods of time, leading to suspicions from his family and close friends. After a few months, he was called in for an ‘incursion’ where his family sat him down and told him that it was good to be fun, but the crowd he was hanging out with were, yet again, bad. He turned his life around, and while retaining the fun-loving of his life, he rejected the nature of keeping out most, if not all nights. Sidus started to think a little more as well, taking in things he saw and heard more often.

At the age of fifteen, his style of clothing suddenly exploded in a different direction, his hair and skin started to alter in color vary barely, and he was suddenly stronger than he ever had been, even though he was not an avid exerciser. Sidus started to speak a strange language when he was tired or bored, which left all but himself confused. He started realizing that something was happening, he just didn’t know what.

Now, at the prime age of seventeen, Sidus’ body has made such a drastic change that he has become a slight oddity in and around the city, but people have been hearing of this kind of act happening all around the globe now. Sidus has started o drift from the human language, and has started speaking the strange, unknown dialect. Soon, Sidus will have no choice but to leave his home, and become one of the few chosen by Arceus, to help rebuild.

Moves: N/A

Ability: N/A

Other: Sidus has very abnormal strength, due to an enhanced growth in muscular activity due to the Regigigas DNA flowing through him. At seventeen he could lift an easy half a ton, with minimal drawbacks. Sidus has also recently become interested in sculpting, particularly stone, clay and ice sculpting.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I'm not sure if I'm pleased with my sign-up. Anyways, here is my sign-up. Hopefully, it isn't too terrible.

Name: Sherry Sanwell

Species: Eevee

Stage: 1.3

Description: Sherry is tall and a bit slim. Her curves are fairly developed with her breasts being well endowed. Her legs are well toned and muscled from all of the running she does. Her eyes are green which matches her hair which is also naturally green. Her skin tone is a very light tan despite the fact that she is almost always in the sun every day. She wears running shorts and a T-shirt when the weather is warm. If the weather is chilly, she will wear some sweat pants and a hoody. She will always wear a pair of running shoes which are black from top to bottom, laced together with white strings. Her choice of colors is different every day and will be almost any color that she decides to wear that day.

Her hair which used to be naturally curly has started to straighten out, coming down to her shoulder. She hasn’t noticed that very slowly, her skin has begun to tan up ever so slowly. She has noticed though that her body hair has been growing a bit faster than normal, causing a small hassle as she has to shave more often.

Personality: Sherry has a cheery personality in that she could brighten up just about anyone. She is always willing to make conversation with anyone that is willing to converse with her. She often boasts of being a speed demon when it comes to running and she loves it when she is challenged by someone in a race. Sherry isn’t a fan of fighting so she will often run away if she gets a chance to run away or disappear. Although she talks to just about anyone about anything, aside from her past, she doesn’t trust anyone instantly. Her manners are polite and courtesy is a big thing for her. Although very few people know the other side of her, she is a naughty person and will prank on anyone that doesn’t act polite.

Sherry is drawn to a lot of pokemon and loves to study them as they interact with other pokemon. Sometimes, she will watch a contest or battle on TV and although she detests any sort of battling, she doesn’t mind contests so much. She may not admit it, but she wouldn’t mind the appeal section of contests and usually is enthralled by the way the pokemon perform.

Sherry has begun to withdraw a bit when her hair had magically straightened out and no longer curled. Even though she had always wanted it straight, she knew that she was born with natural curls and that something wasn’t right. She tries to remain calm, but she is slightly becoming a bit paranoid about her appearance as she doesn’t know what’s going on.

History: Sherry was an energetic child as she grew up, never able to sit in one are for too long before wandering off. She was always getting into trouble in school, never able to sit still in class. She was a great runner and found a way to outrun people in races. She somehow, could elude being tagged by anyone in her school unless she ran out of breath. She decided to drop high school because her parents decided to mysteriously disappear, forcing her to make a living. She worked at a local newsstand where she would deliver the local newspaper to her neighborhood for just enough money above poverty levels. She lived in a small apartment where it had the most basic of basics with nothing fancy in it. She didn’t mind it much as she found talking to the neighbors when they were around to be much more enjoyable than staying in her apartment.

One day however, a courier who was delivering a different weekly newspaper around her neighborhood had collapsed from exhaustion. She quickly helped him find some shade where he seemed to struggle to speak any English. He slurred quite a bit and pronounced a few words wrong, but he told her that he needed to leave after he had some water. He also told her to return his bag to newsstand that was across from where she worked at. She quietly agreed and was saved from asking why he was dehydrated as a neighbor who had seen him collapse came with water. She never learned who he was as he drank the water and then left them, heading towards the outskirts of the town. She never saw him after weeks went by, but small things began to happen to her.

Moves: N/A

Ability: N/A

Other: N/A

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
ShinyJirachi: Please refrain from deleting your signups in the future. I don't know what your reasoning was, but it puts a rather negative light on you if you want to sign up for something I'm involved with at a later date. It's not like there's anything wrong with leaving it there...

FallenSanity: There are some issues here. For one, this phenomenon hasn't been heard of at all - cases are rare and not often spoken of, so it's not at all common knowledge that this has happened to anyone at all before. That's for your history, and it contradicts greatly with the way the plot is set up. Once more, he cannot tell that he is speaking something other than plain English. They seem exactly the same when he hears them.

Also, your personality is borderline at best. It's too short, and doesn't say enough about how he is now; there's only one paragraph for present-day Sidus and one for past Sidus. I want at least three good paragraphs about him now; while the comparison is good, his past self is not my concern at this moment.

As a final note, I don't think he's a stage 1.3 at all. You mention the changes being "drastic", and while you're not calling it a real Dress his outfit is uncannily similar to what a Regigigas' Dress might be (why not just make it so?). You might want to re-evaluate that number... I think he's closer to stage 1.8-ish.

Pending. While the character is good, the personality is too short and there are some minor contradictions going about here. You have three tries to get it up to standards.

Slipomatic: There is some good realism here, though only because people going out on their own at 16 seems normal enough for the Pokemon world (as does having naturally green hair, which caught me off guard at first). Her naturally Eevee-ish self is befitting, since that's the soul she was born with. Is that courier going to have a role in her plot, perchance? Maybe not? We'll see.

I'd say the quality is borderline, but it's acceptable, and I'm not being a Nazi right now. And so, Accepted! Though one thing: you might want to work on your post length a little. I'm still not going to go Nazi on you, but just a consideration...

Side Note: I'll probably post the RPG thread Tuesday, but don't worry. Sign-ups will not close at any time in the near future, if ever.

Players:
Caitlin "Kate" Watson - Vulpix - Musical Mayhem
Sherry Sanwell - Eevee - Slipomatic

Pending:
Sidus Regis - Regigigas - FallenSanity

Reservations:
Jirachi - Sir Forgets-A-Lot
Giratina - moi​