• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red, Gold, Ruby and Pearl? Pokewhat? (Discussion)

treespyro

Vintage much?
Approved by Kamotz

Since we will be basing it exactly on the game, I decided to put this in because it is very important.

It was a sunny summer's day at Bacall High school except it was actually night. The professor who was banned from the school found his way back in. He was yelling at the lockers shouting out "I will get my revenge at those who fired me". Yeah he was your generic crazy professor. He started to build a machine. "I will send them to a different dimension and they will all fear my wrath" he yelled at the hamsters. He tried to look for a dimension warp or somewhere to send "Those that have caused me grief". He looked around at the nearest classroom. He searched the teacher's desk and found a Nintendo DS. "What are these things that kids play these days. It has no match for my scientific genius and pong" It was game of Pokemon Pearl. "Bah this will do" he plugged into his machine. However it did not work which worried him. He was trying everything. Then for some reason he realized that it wouldn't work with just one source. He quickly went to his nearest Gamestop/EB/Any retailer that sold games. He bought all the Nintendo DS consoles they had at stock. He then wanted more of these Pokemon games are a location for "All those that have destroyed me". So he bought many copies of Fire Red/Leaf Green and all the others. "Now I will send them in their demise" he yelled after trying to connect all these Nintendo DS consoles together. He cracked up laughing as he finally got it to work. He used a plant as a test subject. "Yes it worked" he laughed manically.

"I will rule the school"

The next morning on a warm summer day. you went to school like you would always do. For some reason you had to go in the morning which you may or may not have liked. You realized that the school was practically empty. So you just walked around like you would normally in school. You either loved or hated high school but you made it your own.

You could hear some noise. It was no other noise you would hear in school. You assumed that it must have been the janitor cleaning up after a chemistry blowup or a food fight nearby. Maybe some kids brought some alcohol. You decided to avoid it. However you hear laughter from the lab. You decided to check it out thinking it must be the janitor. You walked in and the generic weird evil professor laughs and then cries for some apparent reason. You come closer and then he smiles. You are freaked out and he points some ray at you connected to a bunch of Nintendo consoles. He presses a button...

Everything was a blur. You woke up in another land with funny music and you know you aren't in Kansas anymore.

Welcome to Pokemon? How do you get back home?

The point? Ride the game out and you'll get out. However you do remember the evil generic professor. Yeah? Well he sent himself in and he's going to take you hostage for "My revenge plot" to get money and destroy those that have forsaken him, you know all that jazz.

Players:

1. Alicia Carter - Treespyro
2. Raven Miranda Creeley - Innerflame
3. Helen Seeley - Ysavvryl
4. Azu Waizo - Slipomatic
5. Maverick Jackewicz - Skillfulness
6. Dara Radke - Buchou

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I have a fun idea with Helen. Since she's in Blue/Rival's position, anytime that Maverick reaches certain areas, she gets warped to that location for a battle. No matter where she is or what she's doing. And no matter what Pokemon she actually acquires, she always has Blue's team during those battles.

Me and Skillfulness will have to coordinate somehow so that those battles don't drag out forever. Or skim over them.

Anyhow, first rival encounter is in the lab.

treespyro

Vintage much?
If I can remember it is:

Lab, Pokemon League path, SS Anne, Lavender, Silph, Pokemon League Path again, Championship.

But you guys know that you are going to at least realize that you aren't from the world because I can add Alicia and the others can add their character to fit in with that. I can imagine.

"Go Golem"

Helen sends out Pidgeot.

"Wait what?"

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I've playyed it recently so I can pinpoint out exactly where..

in order of encountering...

Professor Lab, route 22 (optional), North of Cerulean City, just before route 24 aka nugget bridge, S.S. Anne just before captain room, Lavender Tower 3rd floor, Silph Co. warp room before reaching top floor, Route 22, champion battle.

Of course, we could do some twisting and perhaps have an interesting stuff happen. I can just think of it right now, go bulbasaur, error, you can not do that right now.

Buchou

filch some swag
I find it pretty amusing the idea of Helen warping to where ever Maverick is.

How does catching Pokemon work in this RPG? Do you just catch whichever ones you feel like you want to catch? And I hope that there aren't just threes starters in the lab lol.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Pretty much. After you get Pokeball from the marts and then with that old guys tutorial.

So it will be after Oak's parcel.

Catching will be like in the games with the music, text block and all that.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I have stepped onto the grass leading out of town, what will happen, no one knows. :D

Shall I have good ol professor oak pop up and have the leading red replacement magically appear and be lead in by oak? :D

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Yeah. Also, I'm thinking that we don't want to have all six in one traveling group, just for game efficiency. Helen could use some help from someone who knows about the games.

Also, she's only stuck in the lab due to 'game script' that requires Blue to be in the lab at the moment. Anyone else should be able to enter and leave without issue.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
well technically, I'm waiting on Treespyro to say whether or not any character can trigger the oak scene or not. But it is close to Christmas time so I'm expecting a huge slow down in forum activity soon.

I'm technically waiting on a response from treespyro on oak scene and person I was talking to.

treespyro

Vintage much?
You can trigger it now. Oh right I'm waiting on Skill first and then just for it and I will follow suit.

Then we have the lab battle with only you two while the others can't pass and just have to walk around the town or something. Then we split into groups.

Buchou

filch some swag
I'm kind of lost with this RPG. It seems to move so.. slow. All the characters don't interact either. It's mostly with Alicia. :/

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I blame it on christmas holidays, but reason it's so slow is because of the strict things we have to follow, ie game mechanics. I'm still waiting on you to make a post :D

I am going to make a post soon as you make a post as I sort of am waiting on Dara to react to what my character said.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Holidays pretty much. I'm waiting on the 'Red' to start it off, then I can respond. Someone can do a filler post.

Actually I guess I can.

Buchou

filch some swag
No no. I'm not complaining about the speed of the RPG.. I'm talking about the transitions. There isn't a problem with people having lives. I have a part time job I have to go to as well as college.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Anyway who wants to go with what?

We have 6 people, so we can split with 3/3 there.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
well, I don't know who I want to go with yet, but I chave a better name for events things. Travellers, since they are essentially undecided or just wanting to explore the world.

What am I thinking of, wrong section for wrong RPG :D

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Heya, I'm finally posting here. So do only our 'Red' and 'Blue/Green' get starter pokemon?

So far if I had to pick a someone to travel with (from Raven point of view) it would be a group Alicia is not in and hopefully with Azu since he seem to know so much.

Buchou

filch some swag
I really don't care who my character gets with. Azu and Raven seem agreeable with my character.