• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red & Green concept art

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

Chimchar Breeder
So, I found some concept art by Ken Sugimori found on Pokemon France's website

pokemon_conceptart_big.jpg

The description of the picture: "Les premiers concept arts de Ken Sugimori concernant Pocket Monsters"

It shows some early designs for some pokemon, the way the game looked on a gameboy & some town drawings

celebi23

Chimchar Breeder
Not that I know of. Just sent an e-mail to the site asking them if there's a larger image or more images.

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
The top corner looks like an eaily blastoise.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
I think that stuff like this is amazing. I always find it interesting to see how the designers came up with the final idea.

Does anyone know if the concept art for pokemon was ever released in book form?

Moonlight.

Nice. I always seem to find it interesting to see what goes on behind the actual game that we, the fans, are used to seeing.

I like the battle sketches. The battle view would have worked well, but I guess they changed it for the better.

Last edited:

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, remember that back then, the technology was not as good as it is now, so I suppose that is why we had such basd sprites. lol

btw, does anyone know if any of the Concept art for any of the pokemon games was ever released into books in japan?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Well, remember that back then, the technology was not as good as it is now, so I suppose that is why we had such basd sprites. lol

btw, does anyone know if any of the Concept art for any of the pokemon games was ever released into books in japan?

Bad technology does not mean bad sprites. I know people who have made awesome 3D-ish realistic sprites with four colours. So :p

HERLS

LOLOLOL

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Bad technology does not mean bad sprites. I know people who have made awesome 3D-ish realistic sprites with four colours. So :p
Well, I apologise if i offended you, but some of the sprites in this game were really bad. Moltres anyone.

Has anyone found any more concept art for these games? I can not seem to find any.

Oh, and I think that there are to many pixels in that picture. A RGBY sprite would not have that much room i do not think.

coolmaster43232

Wow, that's quite something. First of all great find. If they end up e-mailing you back with a larger image, please PM it to me.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Wow, images like this is hard to find these days. I hope I can find a bigger picture of it, there's a few details I'd like to see.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Well, I apologise if i offended you, but some of the sprites in this game were really bad. Moltres anyone.

Oh, not at all. The sprites on the original games were crap, but it's more about effort than technology.

Has anyone found any more concept art for these games? I can not seem to find any.

I don't think so. I'm gonna have a look now.

Oh, and I think that there are to many pixels in that picture. A RGBY sprite would not have that much room i do not think.

Maybe not, but it's not that much bigger. wouldn't take much effort to shrink it a little.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I don't like to DP, but I've altered the original picture to make a clearer image.

Betaa_Art.png

I've expanded it a little, and altered the gamma so the pictures can be seen better.

Bulbasaur trainer James

#1 Bulbasaur Fan!
From what I can see is...

A Blastoise getting pwned by Staryu.
A Koffing (Or Gastly) fighting a Parasect (Or Slowbro).
Red riding a Lapras.
Red in front of Silph Co.
Celadon City.
A few concept battle screens.
A concept 'stat' screen.
Two concept overworld scenes.

Pretty interesting. :)

fuzzball288

I <3 Skuntank
That was at the space needle in Seattle! I went there on vacation over the summer. I wish I had remembered my camera.

The battle scenes are between a dragonish thing and a gorilla with a hat. The stat screen includes stats that don't exist, such as MP. I forget what the two scenes in the top left are. There's also an early Lapras, Nidoqueen, Slowbro, Staryu, and... whatever's blowing up. I think it might have been a Koffing.

This was actually part of a whole Pokemon section. There were concept drawings of Treecko and Torchic too, and a picture of a girl riding on a cross between Latias and Blaziken. Torchic had wing-shaped ears, and a different/no crest, but was basically the same. Treecko looked WAY different, though. It had stripes and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.