• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red Ring of Death

crobatman

Hi, my XBOX 360 has those dreaded thre red lights flashing. What can I do about it? Is there a good guide on the internet. My brother has been looking on youtube, and is ready to take it apart. I am trying to be cautious about it.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Hi, my XBOX 360 has those dreaded thre red lights flashing. What can I do about it? Is there a good guide on the internet. My brother has been looking on youtube, and is ready to take it apart. I am trying to be cautious about it.

I'm pretty sure that you can't fix it. Send it to Microsoft for a new one. IIRC they will replace RRoD 360's for free with or without a waranty because it's so common.

crobatman

Thanks for answering. I tried taking out the cables and letting it cool, but it still does not work.

I guess I will have to send it to microsoft then. I am not going to take it apart. I heard it takes about 2 months for them to replace it.

Do you know how to prevent the red ring? I think the xbox's have a heating problem. It may be because I had it standing in stead of laying down.

fhqwhgads

Vented area, don't move it while it's on, put it on a stable surface, don't block the vents, don't leave it on for very long times(it's worse to play for long times, as the 360 has to constantly read the disc), if you must play something for a long time for whatever reason, install it onto your HDD so your 360 has to do less.

Be warned, though, RROD warranties are about to start ending, as it's been three years since the 360 launch, so make sure to call it in before your warranty dies, if it's an older model.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Yeah, the same thing happened to my sister's XBOX 360... she had to send it to Microsoft and it was replaced. She only had to pay for the shipping cost to send it via UPS.

She says there hasn't been any problems since... *keeps fingers crossed*