• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Refreshing questions

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
Since about a year ago or less, I've experienced constant refreshes made by my computer randomly at any moment or time. This happens more or less twice a day. At first, this didn't bother me and I thought that this was some sort of a random windows security check thing. But as time goes on, I began to realize a pattern on these refreshes. Usually when I open a folder that I usually open frequently according to my head schedule, the refresh almost as if acts as a speed bump.

Before going on, I know some of you are like "huh?" with some wierd terms I just used. I usually organize my things with many folders and so I normally know what and where rush to get to the file I want. Also, I do things everyday according to a special schedule in my head. For example, I always visit this forum before I visit the club sections or fizzy bubbles, and always after I do a daily stroll around friendster. However, there are some times that I don't follow this rules, such as when I'm in a rush or hurry to somewhere or when I have major homework to do. Ie, I surf the internet lightly before doing my homework :p

So, the refresh/speed-bump thing can be explained like this; If I open a folder called 'Galleria' after I visit 'Translations', I would normally get an automatic refresh when I reach Galleria. Now, say if I were to say to be in a different mood and visit 'Recipe' after I have visited 'Translations', the refresh will not occur, but instead will happen if I do the same pattern again, ie, translations -> recipe. Note, this happens regardless of folders, subfolders and time. Also, the pattern seems to vary a bit once I've figured a way to avoid the constant refreshes, such as, the refresh might even happen inevitably after I close a folder. Also mind you, the refresh is like a big F5 across the whole desktop and every single folder in my computer. So 1 complete refresh on a good mood computer is around 10 seconds while on bad days, it'll sometimes take more than 1/2 a minute. Take a look; also note that I share my computer with some of my family members, so maybe some other occurances are to their prerogative, and the blurred folders and confidential to them. Don't ask about that, I just managed to get a shot of it when they're doing their own stuff, so yeah.
Therefore it leads to question 1: Is there a way to get rid of these refreshes?

This really does not seem like a bothersome to me, but since I have 2 questions in mind, might as well just ask them :D

The 2nd question: Is it possible to manage/configure the 'new' option during a right-click? I mean, I can select to do a new folder, text document, rar archive and others but I really like to remove some of them and add some of my own, such as new HTML document or a new image that is not paint.

My post is so long when I just could've described it even shorter, guess it's my habit to extend and simplify at the wrong times >>"

Last edited: