• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Refusing a battle?

kabzy

Grass Trainer
Yeah, I think the game would be pretty boring if you didnt have to fight the trainers. It would be better to invent some item to allow you to escape, or was that the poke doll? I cannot remember

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Yeah, I think the game would be pretty boring if you didnt have to fight the trainers. It would be better to invent some item to allow you to escape, or was that the poke doll? I cannot remember

The Pokedoll (like the later Smoke Ball) allows you to instantly escape from a Wild Pokemon battle.

Running away from a Trainer Battle would be... pretty awkward to justify.

Red Frostraven

Fact: 100s of people refuse to battle with you even though they are trainers.
(People in the pokemon fan-club, Oak etc.)

Fact: Trainers with healthy pokemon refuse to battle with you even though they have not fought you before.
(4th gen: Eterna Forest, Iron Island, Stark Mountain)

Fact: People with healthy pokemon refuse to battle eachother.

It's just like everyone's just there to battle you, help you or speak to you.
Weird.
Suddenly, I'm shivering.
Can it be..?

Is pokemon... just...

a game?

Last edited:

Swagga09

Nah, I think we shouldnt be able to refuse battles.

I remember on fire red I used to try to avoid as many battles as possible and my pokemon were poorly trained.