• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well this episode in a way showed how wild pokemon increase there power & train themselves.

Do you think they were trained? I think they always fighting and increasing their power.
However the battle vs Monferno and Mamoswine was too short for them because they are too strong...

lutzu

Do you think they were trained? I think they always fighting and increasing their power.
However the battle vs Monferno and Mamoswine was too short for them because they are too strong...

through fighting and increasing their power does not mean that they train themsealves?,Lucario at Service said that they train themsealves not that they were trained by some trainer.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Is it just me or does Monferno lose a lot now?

dman_dustin

Is it just me or does Monferno lose a lot now?

I'm pretty sure Ash wasn't expecting Monferno to be double teamed because until Metagross interfered it was actually doing well against Magnezone.

It didn't even lose anyway, Ash just recalled it because it was kind of useless. If Monferno went after one the other would just come from the side and smack it. And I guess Dawn wanted to give it a shot with her Mamoswine.

STICKTOPIA

Another episode that had filler written all over it. Did Serebii double post??? o_O. It was interesting but I barely got to see what Pikachu and Pachirisu did..... Piplup getting hit by the stupid Draco Meteor..... I hope Gible masters this move by AFTER Dawn's contest b/c I'm getting tired of this nonsense.

Geodude

So from what I gathered from this episode, Metagross and Magnezone just wanted to battle each other, and they needed a venue to do it. Is that right? Ok, let's just use this town here because that's cool. WTF?
This may be completely off, but I'm usually not completely off when I attempt interpretations, so here goes:

Magnezone and Metagross are friends and sparring partners who normally battle in that crater thingy that's now filled with water. However, they are both naturally drawn towards electricity (something to do with magnetism I think, and it explains how Pikachu and Pachirisu were able to basically hypnotize them with their electric attacks) so when the crater filled with water, they were instead drawn to the nearby town. I think that guy at the end was explaining something about the metallic/magnetic properties in the ground in that crater, which is how Magnezone and Metagross were attracted there in the first place.

(If any of you who are actually at least semi-fluent in the language care to correct or clarify anything here, go ahead.)

edit: Thanks to T_Kiss on Bulbagarden:
Basically the two metal Pokemon need to fight on the mountain because the mountain has too many electromagnetic waves, and the Magnezone on the mountain store too much electricity. In order to release them, they must battle. But since the battle arena is filled with water (because a big rock stops the water from flowing away), Magnezone cannot battle, and they become mad.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Another episode that had filler written all over it. Did Serebii double post??? o_O. It was interesting but I barely got to see what Pikachu and Pachirisu did..... Piplup getting hit by the stupid Draco Meteor..... I hope Gible masters this move by AFTER Dawn's contest b/c I'm getting tired of this nonsense.

How was it Filler mate? We saw Magnezone for the first time in the anime, that makes this episode interesting.

Apparently, Pikachu and Pachirisu were using electrical impluses to draw both Magnezone and Metagross towards the crater.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

I thought that Pikachu and Pachirisu will be more important in this episode, but they weren't.

Metagross and Magnezone were really strong, I think this Metagross was the strongest Metagross in the show, after the shiny. (maybe more than Tyson's)

Lorde

I thought that Pikachu and Pachirisu will be more important in this episode, but they weren't.

Did you see the episode?

Ash and Co. probably wouldn't have been able to calm Metagross and Magnezone without the electricity from Pikachu and Pachirisu. They were VERY important :/

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Did you see the episode?

Ash and Co. probably wouldn't have been able to calm Metagross and Magnezone without the electricity from Pikachu and Pachirisu. They were VERY important :/

Well yeah but they got (maybe Pachirisu) less screentime than I thought. eventually I'm glad that Pachirisu at least did something, good for it.

Lorde

Well yeah but they got (maybe Pachirisu) less screentime than I thought. eventually I'm glad that Pachirisu at least did something, good for it.

We all knew (judging from both the title and the previews) that this wasn't going to be a Pachirisu episode. So you cannot honestly claim you're disappointed that it didn't appear more :|

Here's an example, in spoiler form:

That's like saying you didn't enjoy the first Pokemon episode because Misty didn't appear much. Of course she didn't appear much, it wasn't about her.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah it's a filler. Nothing important happened. A Pokemon debut doesn't count.

Mind you, just because it's a filler episode doesn't automatically make it a bad one.

Well you are right about it. Magnezone appeared but it wasn't something so special.

This episode was pretty good, especially with the battles, relatively to a filler it was a good one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Thanks to T_Kiss on Bulbagarden:
Basically the two metal Pokemon need to fight on the mountain because the mountain has too many electromagnetic waves, and the Magnezone on the mountain store too much electricity. In order to release them, they must battle. But since the battle arena is filled with water (because a big rock stops the water from flowing away), Magnezone cannot battle, and they become mad.

Figured as much :)

This was a good filler. It definately wasn't a dumb plot or just randomness.. they actually thought this one up, in probably one of the writers more 'sane' moments.. at least in comparison to the PiplupxPika shipping episode...

As for Metagross powerlevels

Tysons Metagross (It took hell to bring this thing down, so its at the top spot)
Shiny Metagross (Killer, just a killer)
This Metagross (Not as brutal, since Magnezone had its back)
Anabels Metagross (It lost to Tauros??)
Double battle Metagross.. (So easily overcome..)

dman_dustin

They won't. It's barely noticable to begin with and they don't often fix Japanese animation errors.

I think they have before, I think they fixed Drifloon's coloring scheme in the Restaurant Tag battle with May and Dawn but it's possible the Japanese fixed that before giving it to the dubbers.

Same could be said about this episode, the Japanese themselves could edit a little bit and get rid of the Pikachu clone.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was alright. I didn't really care for the plot and the only cool thing about it was the Happiny moments when it showed it's strength. Other than that, it was a pretty "meh" episode.

jjag20

i cant find this episode anywhere online i slept in to late anyone have a link to it on youtube or something?

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
i cant find this episode anywhere online i slept in to late anyone have a link to it on youtube or something?

If you're looking for the dub, it hasn't aired in the U.S yet. It airs on June 5th, which is next Saturday.