• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The Two-Chu is quite True.

[img139]http://i48.*******.com/osho2d.jpg[/img139]

Apologies for the crappy quality.
Not only that, but when they showed Gible using Draco Meteor, the background was from DP 156 (instead of that old lady they just inserted the guy from this episode).
[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/j8igpe.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Two-Chu is quite True.

[img139]http://i48.*******.com/osho2d.jpg[/img139]

Apologies for the crappy quality.

How could the animators have missed that? Omg.

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the double Pikachu and I'm shocked to see that the rumors were true. The overall animation in this episode was poor.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot I took of that same scene, the quality is a tad better ^^;

[IMG139]http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/SonnyDey/ScreenshotStudiocapture97.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

CapitalX

how could they have missed that really :|

anyway the episode was mwah.
Brock actually did somethings with his Happiny :)

The OP was better #lol

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Not only that, but when they showed Gible using Draco Meteor, the background was from DP 156 (instead of that old lady they just inserted the guy from this episode).
[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/j8igpe.jpg[/IMG139]

Yes, it's really strange. I guess there was a mistake or something in the animation while Gible's move.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
My god, they never fluffed up the animation this badly since that episode with Paul's Electabuzz/Electrode fusion.

Lorde

Yes, it's really strange. I guess there was a mistake or something in the animation while Gible's move.

What? That wasn't a mistake. It was the same scene from the Gible episode. They couldn't have made a mistake. They just reused it to save time/money.

NES

Flip me to the side!
This episode was surprisingly good for me, good animation and Magnezone (one of my favorites : D).

I wonder why they pick on Pipup now, but i must admit i have fun with it receiving punishment, for some reason Magnezone and Metagross chased after him too, it's like the poor pokemon is now the show's punching bag.

Lorde

I know PUSA/PCI don't edit the show very much (in terms of the animation), but hopefully they can edit this one because the Pikachu on Ash's shoulder looks like an empty shell.

They won't. It's barely noticable to begin with and they don't often fix Japanese animation errors.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I know PUSA/PCI don't edit the show very much (in terms of the animation), but hopefully they can edit this one because the Pikachu on Ash's shoulder looks like an empty shell.
The best part is Piplup is standing there thinking to itself "Damn! I was so close to reaching Pikachu's popularity and then he had to go and split himself in two! Screw you, Pikachu!"

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This episode was surprisingly good for me, good animation and Magnezone (one of my favorites : D).

I wonder why they pick on Pipup now, but i must admit i have fun with it receiving punishment, for some reason Magnezone and Metagross chased after him too, it's like the poor pokemon is now the show's punching bag.

I guess that Piplup would be many times in these comedy scenes, at least every time that Gible appears.

Magnezone and Metagross were really powerfull. No wonder why Monferno didn't beat them.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Random episode i didnt like it that much and i didnt even notice those animation failures ;O.
Well it mainly a show for kids and when they are excited seeing the show they dont even notice those errors most of the times.

As for the episode it was incredible random the plot, the random Ash pokemons appearances(Bayleef , Snorlax, Feraligatr(Totodile line)) i like randomness but this one had to much for my taste.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Wow.. you thought this was good animation??? You must haven't read the thread :p

Magnezone wasn't showcased that well either.. nothing about it's semi unique evolution, ability special attacks (Magnet Rise).. kinda weak actually...

About the randomness of two wild pokemon duking it out in an arena.. We've never had that before had we? I mean willingly fighting just because.. that's so cool.. That's so redneck!

NES

Flip me to the side!
Wow.. you thought this was good animation??? You must haven't read the thread :p

I probably watched it in good quality and for me it was good (compared to other episodes honestly). I had that appreciation while watching it, i might have to watch it again.

I don't go for what others say though, if you meant i should say it was awful because others say so (i did read the thread).

Lorde

I probably watched it in good quality and for me it was good (compared to other episodes honestly). I had that appreciation while watching it, i might have to watch it again.

I don't go for what others say though, if you meant i should say it was awful because other say so (i did read the thread).

I see. I watched it in good quality too but overall, with the whole double Pikachu mistake and recycling the same Gible scene from "Gible and Draco Meteor", it wasn't very good animation :(

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
I feel that this episode deserves more comments-

First of all, the animation of this episode was very, very good. I'm guessing Iwane was a Key Animator, as Natsume isn't this good. The "two-Pikachu" mistake is just a little mistake (hey, I don't think many people noticed it the first time they watched the episode) and it isn't different from the other tiny mistakes that are in the other episodes (like coloring errors). Recycling the way the attacks look is like the oldest thing in this show. Most of the time, we only have Iwane's Aerial Ace, for example, or Iwane's Water Gun that makes Buizel get a blue eye =P. At least this time, they changed the scene a little, not only by removing Grandma and adding CotD there, but by making Piplup look down the hole, which was what he was doing at the time.

This episode was good. Not awesome, but good enough. This is one of those episodes that gives some time to shine to many characters of the group. We got Pachirisu, Buneary, Mamoswine, Monferno and Happiny doing something this time. Even Brock was useful. It's better to see them doing something once in a while. I really liked how Happiny just destroyed what was left of our mind after the opening by lifting an entire lake. With Team Rocket included.

The random battles of Magnezone and Metagross being just... random battles is also great. Usually, one of those is just angry/sad/whatever that its home/family is being invaded by the other or something like that, but this time they just wanted to fight. Wild Pokémon that just want to fight because they love to fight -I guess that isn't too common in the animé-world.

And the ending was awesome. Piplup and Gible are still great.

Loved the chance to hear that music from Movie 5 again.