• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The writers already denied it's not a Mega Evolution.

I assume by the end of XY&Z this transformation will get a new name.

Synergy Burst.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, after watching the most recent epidoe, it's random wild mass guess time: maybe the bit with Greninja leaving Ash in the opening is actually a metaphor for what is preventing Ash and Greninja to master the form change: maybe deep inside Ash is afraid of not being strong enough to be worthy of Greninja and or capable of using the power up (can we just get a name for that thing?).

That's all speculation though. After all, such kind of insight seems unfitting to Ash but it's just a random opinion I'm dropping here lol

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Ash is going to stick with Ash-Greninja and not a mega evolution considering that Ash-Greninja is just as strong as a mega pokemon. Also he has got a pretty decent team so he can probably use them when he goes to the pokemon league.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned
I think Ash is going to stick with Ash-Greninja and not a mega evolution considering that Ash-Greninja is just as strong as a mega pokemon. It is also very late in the series especially as Ash is heading to the final gym. He hasn't got a keystone and mega stone either. So sticking with Ash-Greninja is much more convenient in my opinion.

Yes thank you for saying this yet again. You remind us of this at least once a month and also about how Ash's Charizard shouldn't Mega Evolve. :rolleyes:

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Well Professor Sycamore has that keystone he keeps with him. Maybe he'd be willing to part with it? All that would be missing is Charizatdite(Y) <--I hope
Man I hope he Mega Evolves his Charizard :)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ash-Greninja is already mega enough in terms of raw power. No actual need for a Mega-evolution.

What Ash-Greninja is? Probably the same kind of transformation like Shadow Mewtu. Most likely a new kind of transformation SM will introduce using these crystals from Pokken and the japanese SM logos.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Well Professor Sycamore has that keystone he keeps with him. Maybe he'd be willing to part with it? All that would be missing is Charizatdite(Y) <--I hope

We have Alain to showcase Charizard's mega evolution. The writers are not going to abandon the Ash-Greninja form for a mega evolution that someone else can use. Greninja's form is the equivalent of a mega evolution so Ash already has a pokemon to combat mega pokemon.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I still say nay to this. It is not going to be easy to just dump the Greninja arc in place and have a forced Charizard one.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
We have Alain to showcase Charizard's mega evolution. The writers are not going to abandon the Ash-Greninja form for a mega evolution that someone else can use. Greninja's form is the equivalent of a mega evolution so Ash already has a pokemon to combat mega pokemon.

We still need Mega Charizard Y, though. So far, Alain has only showed us Mega Charizard X, and I don't see the writers being foolish enough to belittle Mega Charizard Y by giving it to someone like Trevor. Mega Charizard Y, if it shows up, which I would like to see, will either belong to Alain and be his new Mega post Team Flare arc, showing him no longer serving the evil team, even if he was misguided, or, preferably in my view, belong to Ash. Despite Ash-Greninja, he deserves a Mega of some sort, and Charizard would be the best Mega for him, in my view since he's close to Charizard and Charizard is his strongest base Pokémon, possibly even his strongest Pokémon, period.

Lucas MV

I like Greninja, and I'm ok with the fact that he got to be Ash's "mega" , although I would have prefered Charizard.

But I have one big concern. I've read some speculations that said that Greninja will lose his Ash-Greninja form after saving Kalos. If that were to happen, I'd totally HATE it. Because they would have wasted an excellent oportunity to give Ash a mega, instead developing something that would not help Ash accomplish anything to get closer to his dream, like winning a goddamn league.

I really hope they don't go that way...

Abzu

I like Greninja, and I'm ok with the fact that he got to be Ash's "mega" , although I would have prefered Charizard.

But I have one big concern. I've read some speculations that said that Greninja will lose his Ash-Greninja form after saving Kalos. If that were to happen, I'd totally HATE it. Because they would have wasted an excellent oportunity to give Ash a mega, instead developing something that would not help Ash accomplish anything to get closer to his dream, like winning a goddamn league.

I really hope they don't go that way...

Well, sadly if Ash loses the league then is very probable as even if Greninja is popular enough so Ash brings him along, then the others Pokemon he catches may end overshadowed, so the first step would just making him lose that form because it will better than it just falling into the dust by not mentioning it.

I guess as the main character Ash will simply not have a true Mega, and in case he indeed gets a megastone, probably will get stolen or something like that -_-

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
We still need Mega Charizard Y, though. So far, Alain has only showed us Mega Charizard X, and I don't see the writers being foolish enough to belittle Mega Charizard Y by giving it to someone like Trevor. Mega Charizard Y, if it shows up, which I would like to see, will either belong to Alain and be his new Mega post Team Flare arc, showing him no longer serving the evil team, even if he was misguided, or, preferably in my view, belong to Ash. Despite Ash-Greninja, he deserves a Mega of some sort, and Charizard would be the best Mega for him, in my view since he's close to Charizard and Charizard is his strongest base Pokémon, possibly even his strongest Pokémon, period.

We don't need Mega Charizard Y. As long as they showcase a mega evolution of Charizard then it is alright. The writers obviously picked X because it is more popular. Alain is the one showcasing mega evolution for Charizard and that is all we need. Ash is heading to the eighth gym with no signs of getting a keystone, mega stone or Charizard returning. I prefer Ash-Greninja since it is a new pokemon and the same old pokemon from the past.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I would have chosen Sceptile because it bounced A DARKRAI

Mega Sceptile for Ash was my first choice back when most of us thought he'd get a mega pokemon and around the time that Or/As came out since I figured that it would tie in with the games somewhat. I'm still kind of disappointed that Sawyer's getting it, but o well. :]

JudySpell

Banned
We don't need Mega Charizard Y. As long as they showcase a mega evolution of Charizard then it is alright. The writers obviously picked X because it is more popular. Alain is the one showcasing mega evolution for Charizard and that is all we need. Ash is heading to the eighth gym with no signs of getting a keystone, mega stone or Charizard returning. I prefer Ash-Greninja since it is a new pokemon and the same old pokemon from the past.

I think it's clear for now that Ash won't use a M-Charizard himself anytime soon but your blatant bias against the Y kind or Ash using one at all is getting old.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think it's clear for now that Ash won't use a M-Charizard himself anytime soon but your blatant bias against the Y kind or Ash using one at all is getting old.

I am not bias against it. I am just saying that they are already showcasing Charizard's ability to mega evolve.

JudySpell

Banned
I am not bias against it. I am just saying that they are already showcasing Charizard's ability to mega evolve.

You've bashed M-Charizard Y at least a half dozen times so we know how you feel about it. Regardless we haven't seen one of those in XY yet so I don't see why one shouldn't appear even if Trevor uses one.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
You've bashed M-Charizard Y at least a half dozen times so we know how you feel about it. Regardless we haven't seen one of those in XY yet so I don't see why one shouldn't appear even if Trevor uses one.

No I don't. I said that Alain is the one showcasing a mega evolution of Charizard so there is no need for Ash to do so.

Lucas MV

Well, sadly if Ash loses the league then is very probable as even if Greninja is popular enough so Ash brings him along, then the others Pokemon he catches may end overshadowed, so the first step would just making him lose that form because it will better than it just falling into the dust by not mentioning it.

I guess as the main character Ash will simply not have a true Mega, and in case he indeed gets a megastone, probably will get stolen or something like that -_-

Well that's not something I'd happily accept. I don't care if he loses the league, I'm used to it. But if they make him lose Ash-Greninja after taking all this time to develop it... let's just say that they would ruin this saga for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.