• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Yes, like the argument about ash and the legendaries.

Then explain Ash-Greninja, why is it that Ash is able to have Ash-Greninja which is as strong a Mega Evolution, if not stronger. You keep trying to say that he can't get a Mega Evolution because there strong in power, and that he is the underdog so he can't have one, yet your ignoring the fact that the fact that Ash has Ash-Greninja contradicts what you say. If Ash can't have a Mega Evolution because it's so strong and he's an underdog, then he shouldn't have been able to get Ash-Greninja and yet he did, which you seem to be ignoring this fact since it contradicts and disproves your argument and you have no real way of countering it.

This is evident in the fact that your trying to change the subject and your ignoring the part about Ash-Greninja.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I still think they should have just given Pikachu the synchro evolution instead of Greninja. At least then Ash would have a "mega" with him at all times

Akashin

Then explain Ash-Greninja, why is it that Ash is able to have Ash-Greninja which is as strong a Mega Evolution, if not stronger. You keep trying to say that he can't get a Mega Evolution because there strong in power, and that he is the underdog so he can't have one, yet your ignoring the fact that the fact that Ash has Ash-Greninja contradicts what you say. If Ash can't have a Mega Evolution because it's so strong and he's an underdog, then he shouldn't have been able to get Ash-Greninja and yet he did, which you seem to be ignoring this fact since it contradicts and disproves your argument and you have no real way of countering it.

This is evident in the fact that your trying to change the subject and your ignoring the part about Ash-Greninja.

I thought it was still beyond obvious that Ash Greninja was created to give Ash a poor man's Mega without actually giving him anything as powerful as the real thing.

I still think they should have just given Pikachu the synchro evolution instead of Greninja. At least then Ash would have a "mega" with him at all times

Pikachu can already bounce from being pushed around by Bunnelby to dealing with a Mega Lucario as the situation calls for it, so it isn't really a big deal.

ShadowForce720

I thought it was still beyond obvious that Ash Greninja was created to give Ash a poor man's Mega without actually giving him anything as powerful as the real thing.

Pikachu can already bounce from being pushed around by Bunnelby to dealing with a Mega Lucario as the situation calls for it, so it isn't really a big deal.

Except it should be beyond obvious that Ash Greninja is as strong as Mega Evolutions. The way your trying to make it sound is that Ash-Greninja is weaker then a Mega Evolution, which that's been shown clearly not to be the case. Ash-Greninja is as strong as a Mega Evolution, if not stronger, so if they have a problem with giving him a Mega Evolution then why would they give him something that is at the very least equal in strength to a Mega Evolution and don't say it's because it's not as powerful as Mega Evolution, because that clearly not the case.

This whole argument that oh it's because they want to give Ash a poor man's Mega without actually giving him anything as powerful as the real thing is flawed because it ignores how powerful Ash-Greninja fully mastered actually is, it is at least as strong as Mega Evolution if not stronger. It's like saying Primal Reversion is weaker then Mega Evolution when that's clearly not the case, Primal Reversion, Mega Evolution, and the process Greninja uses to become Ash-Greninja are equal in strength.

Will Ash get a Mega Evolution in Pokémon XY&Z? No, however will Ash get a Mega Evolution in Sun&Moon or in a later generation? It's a possibility that can't just be ruled out.

Last edited:

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
What's your opinion on Charizard? Do you guys think he's doomed to laze around at Oak's lab for the remainder of the generations ? ;-;
Maybe because the writers don't want to have to deal with Charizard and Mega Evolution

ShadowForce720

What's your opinion on Charizard? Do you guys think he's doomed to laze around at Oak's lab for the remainder of the generations ? ;-;
Maybe because the writers don't want to have to deal with Charizard and Mega Evolution

Well considering were seeing two Charizards this generation and both can Mega Evolve I don't think were going to see Ash's Charizard, and I don't think it will Mega Evolve this Generation, however whether or not it will come back and Mega Evolve in a later generation remains to be seen. They could easily give Ash a Mega Evolution in gen 7 or a later gen, although I don't know if Charizard will be the first one of Ash's pokemon to Mega Evolve or if it will just be something else and I don't know how long it would be before it Mega Evolves.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ever since Ash passed Shalour City, I had doubts that he would use a mega evolution and it increased when Ash-Greninja form was revealed. Plus the lack of keystone and mega stone made it harder to believe that he would use mega evolution. With the eight gym and the league coming up, I don't see mega evolution as an option for him anymore and I think he is sticking with the Ash-Greninja form. Also Alain is using Mega Charizard X and Trevor is using Mega Charizard Y pretty much rules out Ash use Charizard for mega evolution for this region at least. Sawyer is using Mega Sceptile so Ash can't really use that for Kalos. The only other two that he could use is Heracross and Glalie but he still has not gotten a keystone and mega item. Plus the bond wit his Charizard and Sceptile is higher than Glalie and Heracross.

In conclusion, I think Ash is using Ash-Greninja for this region and not a mega evolution. This is my opinion though.

Akashin

Except it should be beyond obvious that Ash Greninja is as strong as Mega Evolutions. The way your trying to make it sound is that Ash-Greninja is weaker then a Mega Evolution, which that's been shown clearly not to be the case. Ash-Greninja is as strong as a Mega Evolution, if not stronger, so if they have a problem with giving him a Mega Evolution then why would they give him something that is at the very least equal in strength to a Mega Evolution and don't say it's because it's not as powerful as Mega Evolution, because that clearly not the case.

This whole argument that oh it's because they want to give Ash a poor man's Mega without actually giving him anything as powerful as the real thing is flawed because it ignores how powerful Ash-Greninja fully mastered actually is, it is at least as strong as Mega Evolution if not stronger. It's like saying Primal Reversion is weaker then Mega Evolution when that's clearly not the case, Primal Reversion, Mega Evolution, and the process Greninja uses to become Ash-Greninja are equal in strength.

Would putting /s at the end have helped?

Charizard is still his most recent reserve to make a return, and I'd be rather surprised if he doesn't make another one at some point or another.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash-Greninja is just a mega evolution without a stone, it is highly doubtful he will be utilizing mega evolution of any kind.

Red and Blue

So if syncro evolution is actually a thing in the SM games as implied by the bracelets is there a chance it could extend to prevolved Pokemon as it does fully evolved? If so we may actually get to see Synchro equivalent of Mega Pikachu

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So if syncro evolution is actually a thing in the SM games as implied by the bracelets is there a chance it could extend to prevolved Pokemon as it does fully evolved? If so we may actually get to see Synchro equivalent of Mega Pikachu

Just Pikachu. Everyone knew Pikachu would be the sole exception to the rule of being fully evolved in order to do so.

Meanwhile poor Raichu gets nothing

dean1234

People say ash-greninja is related to SM stones.. if its related why doesn't ash have one?? The writers still have alot explain about this form.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
People say ash-greninja is related to SM stones.. if its related why doesn't ash have one?? The writers still have alot explain about this form.

By the same logic in which Mewtwo could Mega Evolve without a stone. Ash-Greninja seems to be used more as foreshadowing, which will later become a mechanic in the SM games.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Now I get the reason behind doing Ash Greninja as Greninja is the number 1 most popular Pokemon right now and by it not being a mega(even tho is does have the strength of one) it comes off much more of an underdog when facing mega's making it more fun to root for. But still with all this said it would have been easier to just give him a mega now they have this huge plot point that they have to explain and knowing the Pokemon Anime (remember the golden pokeball anyone) he just going to leave his Greninja behind at the lab after Kalos and we will never get answers.

Now I get the reason behind doing Ash Greninja as Greninja is the number 1 most popular Pokemon right now and by it not being a mega(even tho is does have the strength of one) it comes off much more of an underdog when facing mega's making it more fun to root for. But still with all this said it would have been easier to just give him a mega now they have this huge plot point that they have to explain and knowing the Pokemon Anime (remember the golden pokeball anyone) he just going to leave his Greninja behind at the lab after Kalos and we will never get answers.

What kind of answers are u after anyways? They share an amazing bond that unlocks an unfathomable power. Straightforward. They don't analyze it any further cuz there is nothing else to it than that. And tbh, i waited for a pokemon that can tap into Ash's willpower for so soooo long. And it finally happened.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
What kind of answers are u after anyways? They share an amazing bond that unlocks an unfathomable power. Straightforward. They don't analyze it any further cuz there is nothing else to it than that. And tbh, i waited for a pokemon that can tap into Ash's willpower for so soooo long. And it finally happened.

I am willing to accept that as an anwser, that is until he eventually leaves Greninja behind at the lab with out a second thought when he heads off to the next region.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Well since Kalos is almost over I might as well say what I wish to happen. Mewtwo from the first movie should come back and train with Ash. Not travel on a journey but whenever Ash has to fight someone like Tobias in a future Pokémon league Mewtwo will want to test its strength against these strong Pokémon. I also believe that it should evolve into Mega Mewtwo X to showcase the Mega Evolution. I know that many of you will say Mewtwo is too proud of an intelligent Pokémon to want to associate himself with Ash, however like I said, the reasoning could be that he wishes to test his strength. I know the writers don't like doing things like this because it's fanservice, but hey! One can dream right?!!
Edit:
Another reason it could train with him is because he believes the strong bond in Mega Evolution between trainer and Pokémon is the only way to increase his strength.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.