• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm pretty sure that if Ash were destined to get a Mega Ring, he would do so in the Tower of Mastery episode (XY043), yet he hasn't been shown with one in XY044's preview or scan.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm pretty sure that if Ash were destined to get a Mega Ring, he would do so in the Tower of Mastery episode (XY043), yet he hasn't been shown with one in XY044's preview or scan.

Maybe he's not going to get one? Though that wouldn't make sense since I'm sure that Charizard and Sceptile will return to evolve into their mega forms sometime in the future of XY Hopefully in some ORAS post league series

nameman

There's always the chance he gets it at the end of the Gym battle or XY045. Either that or he's not getting a Mega Ring but the new item for ORAS.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
There's always the chance he gets it at the end of the Gym battle or XY045. Either that or he's not getting a Mega Ring but the new item for ORAS.

Agree, the scenario I see right now is that Gurkinn watches the gym battle and see's Ash as potential Mega user where he'll give him Mega Ring or Mega Bangle in XY045.

nuzamaki90

Agree, the scenario I see right now is that Gurkinn watches the gym battle and see's Ash as potential Mega user where he'll give him Mega Ring or Mega Bangle in XY045.

I agree, really because we can see Gurkinn is the referee for the gym battle so he can see first hand Pikachu fight against Mega Lucario.

You can't really not be impressed by a Pikachu that powerful. Giovanni realized Ash and Pikachu's potential so I don't think it's far off that Gurkinn will too.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I agree, really because we can see Gurkinn is the referee for the gym battle so he can see first hand Pikachu fight against Mega Lucario.

You can't really not be impressed by a Pikachu that powerful. Giovanni realized Ash and Pikachu's potential so I don't think it's far off that Gurkinn will too.

It's almost a shame that Pikachu itself isn't a Pokemon that can mega evolve, because then that scenario would make more sense..

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Gurkinn is the ref. I'm guessing Ash might get his Mega Ring there

nuzamaki90

It's almost a shame that Pikachu itself isn't a Pokemon that can mega evolve, because then that scenario would make more sense..

I'm glad Pikachu can't Mega Evolve, because since he can't, we don't get people calling DEM every time Ash uses it.

I think Gurkinn will be impressed by Ash's overall performance during the gym battle. If it's a four on four Gurkinn gets to see everything Ash has to offer and see if he's accomplished enough to utilize Mega Evolution.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Which wouldn't surprise me to be frank; I mean there was never any guarantee that he'd bring his Charizard or another Pokemon back for the purpose of Mega Evolution anyway.

You would think they would though, if they're really popular, which mega Charizard seems to be since it has 2 mega forms.

Lorde

You would think they would though, if they're really popular, which mega Charizard seems to be since it has 2 mega forms.

We've already got Alain for Mega Charizard hype purposes though. :p Plus several other characters can showcase Mega Evolution as well; Diantha and Korrina already have of course, which shows that the anime doesn't need to rely on Ash for that imo.

We've already got Alain for Mega Charizard hype purposes though. :p Plus several other characters can showcase Mega Evolution as well; Diantha and Korrina already have of course, which shows that the anime doesn't need to rely on Ash for that imo.

Except he's the main character. And given the importance of mega evolutions its not hard to imagine him getting one

nameman

It wouldn't just be Pikachu though. It's the fact that he's capable of bonding with Pokemon as well as he can. That would show itself well through the other battles.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
There is another problem with Ash getting a Mega Pokemon and i.e., Team Rocket (more specifically Jessie, James & Meowth).

If Ash does get a Mega Pokemon, then they won't be able to easily created problems for the group and would get defeated quite easily like what Korrina's Mega Lucario did to them (unless Ash's Mega would be strong only based on certain situations and at other times it would be weak). Another would be the fact that JJ&M would also start targeting Ash's Key Stone as well as the Mega Stone he got.

nuzamaki90

There is another problem with Ash getting a Mega Pokemon and i.e., Team Rocket (more specifically Jessie, James & Meowth).

If Ash does get a Mega Pokemon, then they won't be able to easily created problems for the group and would get defeated quite easily like what Korrina's Mega Lucario did to them (unless Ash's Mega would be strong only based on certain situations and at other times it would be weak). Another would be the fact that JJ&M would also start targeting Ash's Key Stone as well as the Mega Stone he got.

I don't think Ash will keep Charizard, Sceptile, or Heracross on-hand when he gets his Mega Ring, I think he'll just call them up whenever he needs them.

nameman

I would have no problems with that. It would give TRio something new to actually do instead of their normal shtick.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think Ash will keep Charizard, Sceptile, or Heracross on-hand when he gets his Mega Ring, I think he'll just call them up whenever he needs them.
Yeah or they only return in a post league filler, which is what I really want more.
I would have no problems with that. It would give TRio something new to actually do instead of their normal shtick.

I'd rather not see Team Rocket go after mega evolution Pokemon, it's just as annoying as their normal plots imo.

Lorde

They'd be rendered completely irrelevant if Ash got a Mega Evolution then, and even if Ash only gets one temporarily, what would even be the point of him having one in that case?

nameman

Yeah or they only return in a post league filler, which is what I really want more.

I'd rather not see Team Rocket go after mega evolution Pokemon, it's just as annoying as their normal plots imo.

I meant going after Ash's Key Stone if he gets one. It's more likely that he gets that first than the other way around. Actually Mega Evolving a Pokemon is more than likely going to happen much later this Generation.

thiagomestres

What?! No! The trouble Team Rocket causes is thanks to their machines and schemes, not their pokémons. Their pokémons appear for like 2 seconds and get defeated regardless of the pokémon they are battling.

So no, i don't think Ash having a mega evolution would make TR more useless than it's now.

Status
Not open for further replies.