• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Whether it's his Charizard, Sceptile, or Heracross do you think they will struggle with Mega Evolution likes Korrina's Lucario?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm not sure if Ash should get into Mega Evolution and use it. We 've seen it's really powerful and that they may be problems with the Pokémon controlling their power.

I'm going to wait to see whether the writers will give Ash one, and then I'll decide. For the time being, I pick Sceptile because of OR/AS.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I'd say that'd struggle to handle to new found power coursing through them like Lucario did. So it'd be better for Ash to get Charizard or Sceptile since they're more powerful overall. But the again, the thing that happened to Lucario might be because of it's aura being overcharged or something like that. So it could be a Lucario thing.

zzz1000120

Watching the sub version of XY032, Guru said that mega lucario basically went into his fighting instincts instead of listening to Korrina due to his aura/wave being super charged. I doubt that Ash will get a mega (please insert article of clothing or jewelry here) any time soon because looking at the future episode scans I don't see a keystone on him.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I would guess Sceptile or Charizard to be his first Mega Evolution, and I think they would struggle with it, just because of all the new power they'd get. I guess it would be kind of like Infernape and Blaze, something they would need to master overtime (but I don't know how since neither of those 2 are in his team so they can't really learn to control it over time, unless he brings one of them back)

nuzamaki90

Well Ash doesn't battle like Korrina does and doesn't let his Pokemon act on their own when they fight. He follows this unorthodox way of battling that all his Pokemon seem to understand but everyone else doesn't (except Brock). Part of the reason why Lucario went bat**** was because Korrina let it fight on its own and spent more time worrying about making Lucario stronger than actually perfecting the bond they have.

Ash already has an unusually strong bond with Sceptile and Charizard. Heracross as well but not as strong as the other two. Ash was able to get Sceptile to escape Dark Void just by reaching out to him, and Charizard already went through his disobedient stage and is now openly ready to travel across the region to save Ash from danger. I don't think either of them will go through what Korrina and Lucario has beccause as far as I'm concerned, Ash has already perfected their bonds to the limit.

Heracross on the other hand...Nah, I can't see Heracross raging in anyway. It's too happy-go-lucky and carefree to go through something like that. Charizard doesn't get much changes from his Mega Evolution (assuming it gets Charizardite Y), so the biggest struggle I think could come up is Sceptile learning to cope with his new Dragon-typing.

nickdt

When Ash gets a Mega Evolution a see only Heracross and Sceptile need to overcome the new power. Charizard has not to overcome the new power, because of the strong bond he is having with Ash. But in fact i doubt they will give Ash the Mega Stones for Sceptile and Charizard. They are already strong as they are. For that reason i believe Heracross gets the honor, to make him more battle ready. Also there is a minor opportunity for Ash to finally catch a ghost to use (Mega Sableye).

Haunter ゴースト

Personally i think Ash getting Mega Evolution is a guarantee - they've introduced the concept reasonably well already and it just seems like a matter of time for XY as it gets further into the anime where Ash will finally have episodes revolving around him getting a key stone, a mega stone(s) and the episodes around that.

I don't actually think Ash will have any problems like Korrina but obviously this is kind of a 50/50 thing. My main wants are that Ash uses Mega Charizard Y and Mega Sceptile. He may only get one Mega, or he could get a lot (including the worst, Mega Heracross).

Time really will tell really. I'd say any of the major Mega Evolution areas in the games are where Ash could get his own stone(s) so this could be Shalour City or Anistar. Even Sycamore at Lumiouse could help Ash out once they return.

zhixun

Personally i think Ash getting Mega Evolution is a guarantee - they've introduced the concept reasonably well already and it just seems like a matter of time for XY as it gets further into the anime where Ash will finally have episodes revolving around him getting a key stone, a mega stone(s) and the episodes around that.

I don't actually think Ash will have any problems like Korrina but obviously this is kind of a 50/50 thing. My main wants are that Ash uses Mega Charizard Y and Mega Sceptile. He may only get one Mega, or he could get a lot (including the worst, Mega Heracross).

Time really will tell really. I'd say any of the major Mega Evolution areas in the games are where Ash could get his own stone(s) so this could be Shalour City or Anistar. Even Sycamore at Lumiouse could help Ash out once they return.

I think Satoshi can have some minor problems with mega evolution but not as serious as Corni's such that her Lucario out of control. He should get at least one and at most two mega Pokémon I guess.

zhixun

I only seem him having one mega stone and the writers will obviously choose Charizard to be the special guy.

How obvious is that going to happen? I see Jukain is the other choice for the mega stone and I am sick of Lizardon everywhere in the anime.

Haunter ゴースト

I think Satoshi can have some minor problems with mega evolution but not as serious as Corni's such that her Lucario out of control. He should get at least one and at most two mega Pokémon I guess.

I agree, like there's definetly room for training and development with Ash and Mega Evolution and i also agree he should definetly have at least one, it would be a bonus if he got two.

I only seem him having one mega stone and the writers will obviously choose Charizard to be the special guy.

You see initially i would have agreed but we all know the writers can't resist promoting current events so Mega Sceptile is definetly in the run here because of obvious ORAS advertising.

Because of this though, that's why i'm really hoping Ash gets Mega Charizard Y and Mega Sceptile as they are both two of Ash's best members.

zzz1000120

I don't think charizard will be the one to get the mega because he already have his time back in the spotlight in bw, considering the pace of xy right now, Ash would be getting badge 5 or 6 (and luminous city does have the stone emporium) when oras is officially released, so I think sceptile will be the one with the mega and cover the oras hype.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
How obvious is that going to happen? I see Jukain is the other choice for the mega stone and I am sick of Lizardon everywhere in the anime.

They made his Charizard return in "Best Wishes" simply to destroy Team Rocket and wave at us. It's not hard to believe if it ends up being the only mega evolving in order to offer the audience some fanservice.

I'm not even talking about my preferences since all I want is Sceptile. Luckily it has a good chance to happen thanks to ORAS.

LizardonX

Banned
Of course not, by the time they finally deem him worthy of one it'll be too late for them to write in a similar arc before they have to move on to gen 7 and send them all away.

Haunter ゴースト

Remember Ash could very easily get a Key Stone at Shalour City just like in the games meaning he will have started his Mega Evolution journey still early into XY.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
I dunno Mega Evolution seems kind of OOC for someone as simple as Ash is. A strategy or ability is one thing but I honestly can't see him using Mega Evolution considering the purpose for it is literally just to evolve for battle something he was so against before.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
He really shouldn't have trouble with Charizard since he already had the crazy storyline, Sceptile too since he is just so well trained and has never been disobedient. Heracross I could see since we've never really had a development arc with him so it could help us get to know him better.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Remember Ash could very easily get a Key Stone at Shalour City just like in the games meaning he will have started his Mega Evolution journey still early into XY.

Games =/= anime though. I mean why should he get a Key Stone that early anyway, especially since the writers may have a change of heart about Ash using Mega Evolution later? It could all be for nothing like the GS Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.