• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

Games =/= anime though. I mean why should he get a Key Stone that early anyway, especially since the writers may have a change of heart about Ash using Mega Evolution later? It could all be for nothing like the GS Ball.

I agree that Satoshi does not necessarily get a mega evolution. But if he does get one then I think he better obtain the Key Stone in Shala City since this is where Corni's gym from. So Satoshi can get a Key Stone during the Corni's arc.

Lanced

The most exciting thing to me about this, is that hopefully it won't be a one episode thing, It'd be cool to see a small mega evolution arc where Ash gets Sceptile/Heracross/Charizard back and goes on a quest to get the stone.

(+ I'm excited to see which version his Charizard will be.)

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I don't think charizard will be the one to get the mega because he already have his time back in the spotlight in bw, considering the pace of xy right now, Ash would be getting badge 5 or 6 (and luminous city does have the stone emporium) when oras is officially released, so I think sceptile will be the one with the mega and cover the oras hype.

Gym 5 by November (or early December). I think it's too much of a stratcht.

We don't know the Gym is not happening in July. And we know that an upcoming scans doesn't include the Gym Battle at all and we know we have the Fletchling evolution (which is NOT guarantee to happen in the Sky battle episode), the clemotn episode and all the Summer camp before the Gym battle.

And after all of this, we have to find out when the Gym Battle will actually happen. And alongside that, we expect to see episodes about the Tower of Mastery and i don't have any reason to think we aren't going to see that tower.

Only after all of these is done, we can go to the Courmarine Gym. And after that, the Lumiose Gym.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Anyone can own a mega (as the Mega evolution special has shown) so Ash could very well get one.
If anything Charizard would mega first then Sceptile for late Hoenn promotion.
Dunno about Heracross tho :(

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about Ash eventually having a Mega Charizard. From one side, it would be even more on our faces, but to the other side a Mega Stone could lead him to more development, maybe where he has to control such increase of power.

Same goes with Sceptile and Heracross, which may go through different kinds of development.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't think charizard will be the one to get the mega because he already have his time back in the spotlight in bw, considering the pace of xy right now, Ash would be getting badge 5 or 6 (and luminous city does have the stone emporium) when oras is officially released, so I think sceptile will be the one with the mega and cover the oras hype.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Shine?? WTF?? He didn't do **** in BW. One battle against a Dragonite isn't shining.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's getting to the point where the writers might not have a choice in the matter.

I mean we've got another thread with discussion of how in the heck he's supposed to get past Korrina's MegaLucario and she's only the third gym leader. If things are like this now, what exactly does the future hold, cause I for one don't see anything good.

Now I know the rest of the GL's might not use legendaries, but i'm more worried about Team Flare and the League, when Ash gets to those points and is faced down with Mega's, I question what the writers will do.

Oh sure Ash could maybe beat a mega if someone uses one in the league, but if takes half or most of his team with it, he still loses and it continues to show just how strong mega's are from how many of his pokemon it took to take one down.

As much as I want Ash with a Greninja, until Mega's first showed up in the anime that would've been my top wish, but now I want Ash to get a Mega before anything else, because unlike catching a legendary pokemon, something Ash can never do, getting a mega to counter opposing Mega's is something he can do, and it would be stupid to not take advantage of it.

I agree though that using Mega's constantly is overkill, but against Team Flare (possibly Alain) and the league he should have one, I don't care who it is, or possibly both Sceptile and Charizard.

Heck to be honest I kinda want him to learn the process before battling Korrina, and even if his pokemon has abit of trouble, show Korrina and everyone else how strong his bonds are with his pokemon.

LizardonX

Banned
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about Ash eventually having a Mega Charizard. From one side, it would be even more on our faces, but to the other side a Mega Stone could lead him to more development, maybe where he has to control such increase of power.

Same goes with Sceptile and Heracross, which may go through different kinds of development.

Charizard should have been ready to control that power long ago, but I guess the "training" he did in the plot excuse valley isn't worth anything if he still has to be gimped now.

zhixun

Honestly i dont see ash get a mega the writers want ash to be a underdog a trainer who i slowly rising to the top.

May be this time the writers want Satoshi actually shine. Hence he probably gets a mega evolution to get rid of the underdog as a trainer.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's getting to the point where the writers might not have a choice in the matter.

I don't think anyone is forcing them to give Ash a Mega Ring. If it's a matter of Ash having to beat Mega Pokemon, the writers can always have him use DEM like they usually do and get the same results. :x

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I dunno Mega Evolution seems kind of OOC for someone as simple as Ash is. A strategy or ability is one thing but I honestly can't see him using Mega Evolution considering the purpose for it is literally just to evolve for battle something he was so against before.

While that's true, but we have to remember that 'Mega Evolution' is not a permanent state. Also there is the fact that he usually leaves it up to his Pokemon's to decide whether they want to evolve or not. And the concept of Mega Evolution is something that Ash's deeply incorporates in his training (i.e., bonding with his Pokemon's and understanding them deeply).

Maybe these factor could play a role in Ash's decision to utilize Mega Pokemon.

But i think that it all depends on how the "Shalour City" Arc would be played out. I am sure that the group would stay in Shalour City for around atleast 2-3 episodes or maybe more as well. So, it all depends what happens in there.

But like i have said before (in different threads), the writers like to showcase Ash as an underdog. So, they might not give him a Mega Pokemon to keep his underdog status as it is.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I, for one, think Ash should definitely Mega Evolve his Pokémon. He's always believed in the powerful bond between trainers and their Pokémon, and he should be rewarded for it by achieving something only a trainer who is close to his Pokémon can accomplish. Plus, there's also a great reason for him to get multiple Megas: Since most people have the strongest bonds with their oldest/strongest Pokémon, they have one or two Megas. On the other hand, Ash shares a deep bond with all of his Pokémon, allowing him to Mega Evolve any of them as long as he has the right Mega Stone for it.

As for having trouble with his Pokémon, they could lose themselves if their special abilities (Blaze/Overgrow) get activated. As in, they'd get through their fights without much trouble, but when they're at critical health, Blaze/Overgrow would activate and Charizard/Sceptile would end up losing control and eventually go berserk.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Shine?? WTF?? He didn't do **** in BW. One battle against a Dragonite isn't shining.

Charizard's return was anything but a shining return. I would have prefered if it hadn't returned, because now next time Charizard returns it won't feel as special... :/ Unless he mega evolves of course haha

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Charizard's return was anything but a shining return. I would have prefered if it hadn't returned, because now next time Charizard returns it won't feel as special... :/ Unless he mega evolves of course haha

It all makes sense now! Charizard being in Oak's lab instead of Charicific Valley isn't a coincidence...the reason they didn't send it back was because it will get to Mega Evolve!

AWESOME!

I'd rather see Ash have a Mega Evolution pokemon than not. Although I fully understand that the writers may or may not go that route and things are pretty much up in the air at this point, I personally would like to see it happen. Probably not for awhile, like close to the series' climax (Team Flare, league, or filler saga), but it be nice to see Ash at least have one. My wish list is to have Mega Sceptile and Mega Charizard Y. I'm also kinda hoping for the Kalos starters to get a Mega whenever we get the third installment of the gen 6 games and I'd love to see Ash with a Mega Greninja. But again, that's more of a personal thing for me and I know that probably won't ever happen. Still, it doesn't hurt to dream of a Mega starter holy trinity in the way, way future for Ash.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I'm so glad someone else besides me didn't think Charizard in "Da" was all that necessary. However regarding mega evolution, I was hoping Ash could catch a pokemon in kalos and then evolve it here. I don't want them to over hype Charizard again just like they did with Blaziken and Lucario. Give other pokemon a chance.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
It all makes sense now! Charizard being in Oak's lab instead of Charicific Valley isn't a coincidence...the reason they didn't send it back was because it will get to Mega Evolve!

Actually we aren't sure about that yet.

All we know that he was in Oak's Lab atleast until that picture was taken. Maybe he left for "Charicific Valley" after the group photo was taken or after Ash left for Kalos.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Actually we aren't sure about that yet.

All we know that he was in Oak's Lab atleast until that picture was taken. Maybe he left for "Charicific Valley" after the group photo was taken or after Ash left for Kalos.

Nope, IT'S HAPPENING!!

I can see it clearly now, broski, brobot, broton, brobuzella, the legion of manly brotherhoods of bros. It is as clear as the stars in backwoods America. It is a set-up to have Ash Mega Evolve Charizard into Charizard Y to do battle Alain and his Charizard X and lead him into the path of non-broodiness and stop him furthering Lysandre's plans, because it is clearly obvious that he is working for him for whatever reason.

This arc serves a purpose and that is to show to Ash that Mega Evolutions are no laughing matter unlike in the games where any braindead monkey from youtube can mega evolve a mega evolvable Pokemon, and that he is learning about the dangers and the awesome power of Mega Evolutions through Korrina and Lucario's successes and monumental fook-ups. Sure, he will be wary of it at first, but when the need calls, Ash will be willing to use it when he and his Charizard is ready.

Also, AZ is gonna give it to him, either the Key Stone or the Mega Stone itself. Why? Because it's just plain poetry. The legendary figure that nearly destroyed the world with his mega weapon places a hope upon Ash, against the pet of the man who is using the same/similar weapon he did all those long count of years ago.

In the mean-time: GET HYPE!

Oh god, I wish it was true. ;_;

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I'm calling it, Heracross is returning to Mega Evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.