• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Maybe by the time Ash is at the league, there is a remake of XY with the XY starters als Megas. Then Ash doesn't have to use Charizard, Heracross or Sceptile to show off a Mega.

LizardonX

Banned
Maybe by the time Ash is at the league, there is a remake of XY with the XY starters als Megas. Then Ash doesn't have to use Charizard, Heracross or Sceptile to show off a Mega.

A XY remake would imply the kalos region being updated to the standards of a newer generation.

So Ash makes it to the Kalos league by 2024.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
It seems like we're ignoring the fact that if one of Ash's Pokemon Mega Evolves, it would overshadow his Kalos team in general, which would also be bad writing in my opinion.

The show runs on bad writing. If they really wanted to give Ash a Mega Evo they would have. Imo they just won't because they have no intention of showcasing Ash as an elite that can use Mega Evolution and will rather let him be the guy who gets trounced by them all the time and only sometimes wins when he gets a lucky break.

zzz1000120

A XY remake would imply the kalos region being updated to the standards of a newer generation.

So Ash makes it to the Kalos league by 2024.

I think he is implying pokemon Z or X2Y2 not a remake. And lets not forget about little gible, if he evolves twice.

DotKU

Champion
I think he is implying pokemon Z or X2Y2 not a remake. And lets not forget about little gible, if he evolves twice.

I honestly don't see gible evolving TWICE and then mega evolving in X/Y, but maybe Ash might evolve it to a Gabite like what he did with quilava in DP

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
If I might chime in and add my two cents:

From a plot point of view: Charizard was brought back to Prof. Oak's in BW perhaps to reintroduce it to the audience and have it ready for use as MegaZard Y. They haven't showcased Y at all and that is interesting. Personally I'm tired of X (Alan, Red, Steven). They also seem to be building up Alan for something...

From a real world point of view: Sceptile has a good chance due to ORAS promotion.

From a development point of view: Ash may not recieve a mega because DEMing them like dominos may be more appealing. If he does recieve a Mega it may be until after the League into the Post Arc. Although it does seem hard to reset Ash once he has his hands on a mega stone and Megamon. They may pull a "Yugioh" and have him lose it or get it stolen at the beginning of gen 7 as they did with the god cards.

Haven't posted for a long while :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I personally don't think he's ever coming back to stay, so I can't imagine him evolving twice and then conveniently Mega Evolving. And no, I don't think he'd evolve at Oak's place. That would undermine the purpose of on-screen training imo.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
To be honest, Gible imo really felt like nothing more than a means to premote Draco Meteor which is kinda sad, it should be redeemed but this isn't the best time.

Again unless they plan on having Charizard or Sceptile come back, the best option would be to give Ash a third gen pokemon who can mega evolve because it works for double promotion purposes.

thor94

To be honest, Gible imo really felt like nothing more than a means to premote Draco Meteor which is kinda sad, it should be redeemed but this isn't the best time.

Again unless they plan on having Charizard or Sceptile come back, the best option would be to give Ash a third gen pokemon who can mega evolve because it works for double promotion purposes.
yep sceptile would be good for promotion, and it not completely OP ash.

Ash charizard is so OP, that he doesn't need mega-evolve to keep pace with alan (and maybe red) mega-charizard.
unlike pikachu, charizard has never been reseted and take an articuno and a dragonite by himself. If ash charizard mega-evolve, he will be godlike monster, especially as X form, i think he could be the strongest dragon of pokemon world beside the creation trio.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
unlike pikachu, charizard has never been reseted and take an articuno and a dragonite by himself.

Charizard barely beat Articuno, and was then beaten by a Dusclops the next time it appeared, as for Dragonite, it has never beaten one in a one on one situation, it might have beaten Iris' but N stopped the fight before it got too far.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Ash charizard is so OP, that he doesn't need mega-evolve to keep pace with alan (and maybe red) mega-charizard.
unlike pikachu, charizard has never been reseted and take an articuno and a dragonite by himself. If ash charizard mega-evolve, he will be godlike monster, especially as X form, i think he could be the strongest dragon of pokemon world beside the creation trio.

Ash's Charizard has shown no such feats to back up that statement.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Charizard isn't infallible; he's lost his share of battles and even if he does Mega Evolve, I don't expect him to be as powerful as he's hyped to become, especially if he battles another Mega with more experience and gets knocked out anyway.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Charizard isn't infallible; he's lost his share of battles and even if he does Mega Evolve, I don't expect him to be as powerful as he's hyped to become, especially if he battles another Mega with more experience and gets knocked out anyway.
Agreed, Alan's Mega Lizardon is pretty amazing on its own enough to keep up with Elite Four members. Hardly comparable. I'm fully expecting Trova to debut Mega Lizardon Y, so I really don't care about Satoshi's at the moment.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Agreed, Alan's Mega Lizardon is pretty amazing on its own enough to keep up with Elite Four members. Hardly comparable.

Agreed, but we must keep in mind that the writers needs to make Charizard's in the anime look godly and unbeatable, so we'd probably see Ash's gain plot armor if Ash and Alan ever meet up. So Ash's Charizard will get some DEM if he fights Alan's Mega Charizard X.

nameman

Charizard barely beat Articuno, and was then beaten by a Dusclops the next time it appeared, as for Dragonite, it has never beaten one in a one on one situation, it might have beaten Iris' but N stopped the fight before it got too far.

That was Ash not showing battle awareness there by calling a move it was immune to. Besides, Ash's Charizard now can be assumed to be stronger than it was then.

I don't think that's the case. Alain's Charizard X can hang with E4 Megas. Ash would need one of his own to even think of doing that.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That was Ash not showing battle awareness there by calling a move it was immune to. Besides, Ash's Charizard now can be assumed to be stronger than it was then.
Still doesn't mean that Ash's Base Charizard can keep up with Alan's or Red's (this one is baffling as that's the definition of OP) Mega Zards. And I doubt even Mega Evolved, that Ash's CHarizard would be much of a threat to many of the top tier Legendaries. Right now I'd gauge he's probably slightly weaker than Alan's base Charizard and that if he Mega-Evolved they'd be pretty close in terms of power in their Mega forms (with Ash's being slightly weaker as Ash is the eternal underdog it seems)

nameman

Still doesn't mean that Ash's Base Charizard can keep up with Alan's or Red's (this one is baffling as that's the definition of OP) Mega Zards. And I doubt even Mega Evolved, that Ash's CHarizard would be much of a threat to many of the top tier Legendaries. Right now I'd gauge he's probably slightly weaker than Alan's base Charizard and that if he Mega-Evolved they'd be pretty close in terms of power in their Mega forms (with Ash's being slightly weaker as Ash is the eternal underdog it seems)

Read the edit above. I mostly agreed with you, though we can only assume as to how strong Ash's Charizard is right now until we get a definite answer.

NatsuLian

I do believe Heracross should be Ash's Mega for a number of reasons; it's one of Ash's strongest Bug-type Pokemon, it's one of the few Mega Pokemon that has not had an official debut let it be the Mega Special or the main show, Heracross seems most likely to grow from it's experience and once again redeems itself as one of Ash's main powerhouse. However, putting aside my biased opinion regarding Heracross, it's likely Ash will use one of his Hoenn Pokemon as his main Mega.

LizardonX

Banned

This is where you are under cutting charizard because of his horrific treatment in best wishes.

He had to take down a articuno solo and tank multiple attacks from it.

By comparison sceptile vs darkrai had him go out fourth after darkrai expended energy to take out 3 pokemon and managed to score a lucky hit before the inveitable OHKO move. The ensuing battle with latios also showed that as soon as pikachu took a hit from latios, the battle was over. As of now Charizard is the only one capable of taking hits from legendaries.

So by all means megazard X or Y would actually be a match for a real legendary, something alan's charizard can't even claim since he only beat 2 megas onscreen and scrubbed out to siebold's blastoise.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I don't really see anyway that Ash won't end up with a Mega Evolution. They're a huge part of Gen VI and will demand a lot of promotion, so I think it's a given that Ash will get at least one by the end of Kalos. My bet is on Charizard, the champion of Ash's Pokemon. It would justify Charizard's appearance in BW a bit more, plus it goes along with Alain. From what we've seen, I think Alain will be something of an anti-hero in the main anime who has some sort of alliance with Lysandre (who he ultimately turns against, of course). In that case, I see Ash getting Mega Charizard Y and battling against Alain's Mega Charizard X. In the future, I could also definitely see Sceptile and Heracross also Mega Evolving, but I still think Charizard will be the first and most important. Also going along with that, I could see Ash capturing a Pokemon in Kalos that can Mega Evolve, maybe Sableye. But I'm beginning to doubt that more and guess that it will probably be Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.